HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean O'Donnell to Flyers for 1 year

Old
07-03-2010, 05:26 AM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Just came here to LOL at anyone thinking this was good. OD proved this year he's washed up. 40-50 games in, he got on the level of Randy Jones, minus the "offensive upside" Jones apparently has. OD is a great leader but on the ice, he's slow, a turnover machine, and takes bad penalties at times. have fun
We'll see.
He most likely won't play anywhere near the minutes he played in LA.
I think he's going to take away some PK time from Prongs and Kimo, if no dman is traded I could see the Flyers going into the season with 3 PK'ing sets.
And he's going to get around 8-10min of ES-time.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
By the way, since it's only a 1-year deal, O'Donnell's bonuses cannot be deferred. They add up to $300K. His cap hit is $1.3M. This is higher than his cap hit with the Kings the last two years in a diminishing role.

I like O'Donnell as a presence and as a player in the limited role he'll have, but this is retarded.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
By the way, since it's only a 1-year deal, O'Donnell's bonuses cannot be deferred. They add up to $300K. His cap hit is $1.3M. This is higher than his cap hit with the Kings the last two years in a diminishing role.
in light of the more grim news you shed light on Kim Johnsson, at least there's Zooey Deschanel to stare at to, lift our spirits.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
in light of the more grim news you shed light on Kim Johnsson, at least there's Zooey Deschanel to stare at to, lift our spirits.
Contrary to popular belief, I try to be a man of the people. However, I guess I broke my own rule in not looking back. I guess I didn't want to believe it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

I like O'Donnell as a presence and as a player in the limited role he'll have, but this is retarded.
this is shocking how lol? Unreal, i mean a #6 dman is so in demand Shooter had to act, cut him some slack. I mean in another month or 2 i cant imagine any vets looking for work who would come to camp on a tryout basis or take say 800k. Nah that scenario is crazy. Afer Mezaros if was killing him having cash to spend. Starting the seaosn with Bartulis and Mezaros would have been suicide. SOD is a differance maker.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I believe I was the first to mention O'donnell to sign here in the off-season as a 3rd pairing d! Having that leadership, hard-nosed and positional d is going to do wonders for us in the playoffs to give our top guys a rest.

He does play really well short handed right?? Pronger and Timenon put in way too many minutes short handed.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote