HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp - July 6-11th - Roster Announced

Old
07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofspades303 View Post
Is Foss at camp? If he is any report on him?
he was just kinda there. watched him for a bit. seems like he is an ahl lifer.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:15 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
- Seemed to me that every time I looked up to see who just scored on a nice shot...it was Cehlin. He really reminded me of Erat today. Another to keep an eye on..
He's going to be good, IMHO. Good advice to keep an eye on him.

Last edited by SpinTheBlackCircle: 07-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.
SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Tapp

SLake and Glenningeer – thanks for your thoughts after the first day. As someone who enjoys following the Swedish prospects, I was glad to read that Cehlin was one of the players who caught your eye, SLake.

Earlier this week, I read an article posted on Djurgården’s website in which Cehlin talked about being drafted by Nashville. He was travelling in Sweden on draft day and was following the draft on his cell phone. He lost reception for awhile. When he got a signal back he had a lot of text messages and then got a call from Nashville welcoming him. He said it was “cool” being taken by Nashville. He said it had felt good when he met with Nashville earlier (I’m guessing at the combine). He added that he has talked to Hörnqvist a lot about the team and Patric has only said good things about Nashville (not surprising as Patric seems to be quite the positive fellow, but nice to know).

Hopefully, Cehlin will do well the rest of camp. It’ll make it even more fun to follow his progress next season.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Keep an eye on the goalies this weekend...

Overheard Mitch Korn respond to a question from a fan today regarding FA goalies. Korn said the team had considered multiple veteran options, but nothing made sense. Still hoping for an "after-Christmas special" as the summer progresses, but the team is prepared to enter camp with Dekanich, Pickard, and Lindback battling it out for the spot.

Said regarding free agents that nothing ever came close because all the vets they targeted either wanted too much money or a multi-year deal...neither of which made sense with Peks slated to start 60+ games and with the talent coming through the pipeline a season or less away from being ready...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Overheard Mitch Korn respond to a question from a fan today regarding FA goalies. Korn said the team had considered multiple veteran options, but nothing made sense. Still hoping for an "after-Christmas special" as the summer progresses, but the team is prepared to enter camp with Dekanich, Pickard, and Lindback battling it out for the spot.

Said regarding free agents that nothing ever came close because all the vets they targeted either wanted too much money or a multi-year deal...neither of which made sense with Peks slated to start 60+ games and with the talent coming through the pipeline a season or less away from being ready...
Which is funny since the rooks would be more expensive....

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

the idea of Mark Dekanich starting 15-20 games next season is very, very scary.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Which is funny since the rooks would be more expensive....
Cap hit, sure. Actual salary...not a chance. All the rookies cap hits are inflated due to performance bonuses. They aren't likely to meet all of them or even a good majority. Base salary is in line with what we're looking to pay a vet...

Old
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Cap hit, sure. Actual salary...not a chance. All the rookies cap hits are inflated due to performance bonuses. They aren't likely to meet all of them or even a good majority. Base salary is in line with what we're looking to pay a vet...
Chet Pickard: 875,000
Jeremy Smith: 637,500
Atte Engren: 610,000
Anders Lindback: 637,500

Might be a push, I could see a vet going for 550K

Dekanich would be an interesting wild card.

Old
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Chet Pickard: 875,000
Jeremy Smith: 637,500
Atte Engren: 610,000
Anders Lindback: 637,500

Might be a push, I could see a vet going for 550K

Dekanich would be an interesting wild card.
Even at $875k, you'd let Pickard win the job if he's ready because you don't want to block that path.

Interesting to note though...2 goalies in camp are wearing new gear...Pickard is decked out in Milwaukee colors, while Lindback is wearing Predators navy and gold accented gear. I've always said...Lindback is my darkhorse to win the spot in camp...

Old
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Even at $875k, you'd let Pickard win the job if he's ready because you don't want to block that path.

Interesting to note though...2 goalies in camp are wearing new gear...Pickard is decked out in Milwaukee colors, while Lindback is wearing Predators navy and gold accented gear. I've always said...Lindback is my darkhorse to win the spot in camp...
Would make sense. He's a Rinne clone and wouldn't be a problem for the defense to adapt to him. There is a difference between defending for a smaller goalie than a big one.

Old
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Seth Lake

Attention Predators marketing staff,

In order to better facilitate discussion of the team's prospects among those of us attending the weekday sessions of prospect camp...please make available roster handouts with player numbers attached to names. You got away with it yesterday because the players were wearing scrimmage jerseys with names and numbers on the back, but today was very discouraging as practice jerseys don't have anything but a logo and helmet stickers are incredibly hard to read while players are moving or standing more than 10' away.

A definite lost opportunity. Please recitify the situation by this weekend's sessions.

Thanks,
A Disguntled Amateur Scout

Old
07-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Agreed 100%. I like the idea of letting Pekka mentor Lindback next season in Nashville, then switching him with Pickard the following season to allow both the opportunity to get in a season as the No. 2 and a year as starter in Milwaukee before reassessing in two years...

Old
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
wings5

What a great pool of prospects!

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

How has Taylor Beck looked? He's possibly my favorite prospect at the moment, and might be a safer bet than the higher-picked Zach Budish at this point. I remember he tore it up last year at rookie camp.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
kivaerijo

im not really sold on any of the goaltenders yet. lindback is huge and pekka like, but seems like his side to side movement gets him in trouble. he is good when he is straight on, but sometimes slides out of position if he has to go sode to side.

and i must say again. the more i see him, the more i am impressed with him. ellis is gonna be good

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
How has Taylor Beck looked? He's possibly my favorite prospect at the moment, and might be a safer bet than the higher-picked Zach Budish at this point. I remember he tore it up last year at rookie camp.
I like what I've seen in Beck and Budish this camp. Beck has a good shot, plays with an edge and has some good wheels. Also has good instincts and likes going to the net. Budish is a big man that can move, has a good shot and likes going to the net as well. Personally, I like where both of them are headed for this team. I really think Beck is going to be a late bloomer for us. That's just me. Another poster stated to me yesterday he looks like a 3rd liner at best. We'll see in time who's right.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 05:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
I don't think Dex will start 15-20 games on his own. I think we'll shuttle Lindback and Dekanich back and forth between Nashville and Milwaukee to get a good look at both against NHL competition, possibly Pickard as well.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
he was just kinda there. watched him for a bit. seems like he is an ahl lifer.
Foss was such a late pick that I'd be pleasantly surprised if he was ever anything more.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Seth Lake

Friday is community day for the prospects at camp. Saw on Twitter that Jon Blum, Roman Josi, Matt Halischuk, and Michael Latta will be at Nashville Shores from 3-4 PM.

Old
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Seth Lake

Poile said at the SOTU tonight that Saturday was scrimmage day at camp. Be there!!!

Old
07-09-2010, 12:11 AM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Poile said at the SOTU tonight that Saturday was scrimmage day at camp. Be there!!!
of course it is. its always when i cant make it. oh well. glen...if i give you a camera..tape it for me?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Friday is community day for the prospects at camp. Saw on Twitter that Jon Blum, Roman Josi, Matt Halischuk, and Michael Latta will be at Nashville Shores from 3-4 PM.
Hard life

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 12:32 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
of course it is. its always when i cant make it. oh well. glen...if i give you a camera..tape it for me?
LOL. No. I'd miss too much of the action because it would be like watching on TV for me. I'll give you a good update though if I make it. That work for you?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
torero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Hard life
While fans are walking thousands of kilometers and eating chemical loaded grass to see the development camp.

Ain't life unfair !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
While fans are walking thousands of kilometers and eating chemical loaded grass to see the development camp.

Ain't life unfair !
What are you talking about man? *Dazed look to his eyes* Whoh, someone pass the cheezy poofs.....