HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miami (Ad)Vice

Old
07-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Clint

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
if you are with your girl, and want a romantic place to have dinner, for sure Espanola Way, Tantra is around there as well, Pennsylvania and 15th if im not mistaken, and they do good parties there, Nikki Beach is only good sundays, all day long though
Nikki Beach is a pretty good spot at night, actually.

Quote:
if you want reeeeeally nice place to eat, but very expensive, Prime 112 or Smith n Wolensky are it
Also, Capital Grille on Brickell. Again, very expensive but CLASSY.

Quote:
it really depends what you like for a "night" out or club scene, in my opinion Mansion is the best club, but i'm not sure you're into the whole house music thing, although they do hip hop nights, but as clint said, the crowd isn't the best at those times, whoever recommended wet willies that was pretty funny hahaha
Ugh, Mansion is the epitome of everything I hate about South Beach. Ed Hardy wearing D-bags and their duckfaced girlfriends all trying to make the scene bigger and flashier and all trying to out-impress each other. Beautiful venue, but the crowd and music make me just want to leave.

Quote:
you can also do really nice walks on back of the hotels all the way to like 40something along the beach past the Fontainebleau , my girl and i do it all the time, really nice walk, and really the best places to lay out away from all the crowds starting around 20th street,
Very true. Scott, if you want to get away from the crowds you'll have to go north a little bit. And if you're thinking of dropping to a knee and bringing up the 'M' word, it'd be nice to do it on the boardwalk in the evening. If it's not raining, of course.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Nikki Beach is a pretty good spot at night, actually.
i've just gone on sundays

Quote:
Also, Capital Grille on Brickell. Again, very expensive but CLASSY.
never been, i should check it out one day

Quote:
Ugh, Mansion is the epitome of everything I hate about South Beach. Ed Hardy wearing D-bags and their duckfaced girlfriends all trying to make the scene bigger and flashier and all trying to out-impress each other. Beautiful venue, but the crowd and music make me just want to leave.
true , but i guess im a bit bias since i love house music, and whenever iv'e gone i've gone to the vip thanks to my friend because her dad is friend's with the Opium Group guys, anyways i've only gone when its a big name dj, benny benassi's last i saw haven't been since..usually when WMC is around is when i go out most

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Wow, thanks for the great advice guys. Clint, I actually went to Zeke's when I moved here in and it was pretty sweet. Great beer selection which I love.

With our two year anniversary approaching and Valentines day coming while she will be down there, I'll have to definitely try the Capital Grille and maybe even Prime 112 for one of the two.

Like the idea of the zoo. We'd totally have a great time with that one way or another. Although I don't think I'd have AS much fun as you.

You guys aren't kidding that Miami = $$$. So much for paying off the student loans.

What would the normal dress be at a place like Nikki Beach?

Clint, don't think I'll be dropping the M bomb this year, just hope we can make it through another year of a long distance relationship and then see if we can make it through living together lol.

Oh yea, one more thing. Any good comedy clubs around Miami Beach?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Great beer selection which I love.
If you want great beer selection check out Yardhouse in Coral Gables. Something like eleventy billion beers on tap.

Quote:
With our two year anniversary approaching and Valentines day coming while she will be down there, I'll have to definitely try the Capital Grille and maybe even Prime 112 for one of the two.
If you want a more trendy place to go, where you might see a Heat player or a celebrity, go to 112. If you want class and subtlety, go with Capital Grille.

Quote:
What would the normal dress be at a place like Nikki Beach?
Depends on when you go. During the day, a bathing suit and sandals. At night, a button down and dress pants.

Quote:
Oh yea, one more thing. Any good comedy clubs around Miami Beach?
Beach, not so sure. The Miami Improv is really good all the times I've been. It's in the Grove, though.

Old
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
If you want great beer selection check out Yardhouse in Coral Gables. Something like eleventy billion beers on tap.

If you want a more trendy place to go, where you might see a Heat player or a celebrity, go to 112. If you want class and subtlety, go with Capital Grille.

Depends on when you go. During the day, a bathing suit and sandals. At night, a button down and dress pants.

Beach, not so sure. The Miami Improv is really good all the times I've been. It's in the Grove, though.
Awesome. Much appreciated sir. Been to the Yardhouse in West Palm a few times, as well as the one in San Diego. Freaking awesome place. The one in WPB reportedly has 5 miles of beer lines!

Old
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Clint

Quote:
Awesome. Much appreciated sir. Been to the Yardhouse in West Palm a few times, as well as the one in San Diego. Freaking awesome place. The one in WPB reportedly has 5 miles of beer lines!
No problemo hombre. Hit me up on Facebook when you're down here. We'll get a brewski, talk hockey, badmouth the mods and n00bs, and I'll try not to bombard you with my filthy liberal sensibilities.

Old
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
jol

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the great advice guys. Clint, I actually went to Zeke's when I moved here in and it was pretty sweet. Great beer selection which I love.
Heh, previous owner of Zeke's (maybe still owner) was Detroit Red Wings fan and everytime when Red Wings was playing and you went to bar wearing some Red Wings stuff (cap, shirt etc), you got $1 discount of beer.

JOL

jol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
No problemo hombre. Hit me up on Facebook when you're down here. We'll get a brewski, talk hockey, badmouth the mods and n00bs, and I'll try not to bombard you with my filthy liberal sensibilities.
Haha, will do man. Maybe we can hit up a Panther game at some point as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Heh, previous owner of Zeke's (maybe still owner) was Detroit Red Wings fan and everytime when Red Wings was playing and you went to bar wearing some Red Wings stuff (cap, shirt etc), you got $1 discount of beer.

JOL
Umm, I'll pay the extra $1 thank you very much.

Old
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Dropkick Alex

McDonalds has to be close by.

Dropkick Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex View Post
McDonalds has to be close by.
Mmm, I'm lovin' it.

Old
07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Clint

Quote:
Haha, will do man. Maybe we can hit up a Panther game at some point as well.
The who? Oh, that figure skating team, right? Yeah, no one cares about them anymore. Everyone's a Heat fan now!

Old
07-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
The who? Oh, that figure skating team, right? Yeah, no one cares about them anymore. Everyone's a Heat fan now!

Sadly, with the bandwagon fans in Florida, you're not even joking.