HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers Mythbusters

Old
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Come on, get over it. Clarke was better, and Holmgren really does suck ice.

At least we could expect a division title every few years with Clarke. At least those teams seemed to have some sort of idea about where they were going and didn't have to deal with ******** like John Stevens or Paul Holmgren constantly mind-****ing them.

edit: Mike ****ing Richards called Holmgren out over cap and asset management (and this was at least a year ago). When a player starts to pick it up it's a tell-tale sign for a big ****ing idiot GM
The funny thing is, I agree with you that Clarke was a better GM, though his rep in the cap era is not as strong as his work pre-lockout. He got burnt out or whatever and we have who we have. FWIW, I defended Clarke left and right on the ESPN boards during his second stint as Flyers' GM. I simply disagree with you on Holmgren being inept - though I question a couple of his offseason moves, too.

As for Mike Richards, calling out the GM after the team he captains showed as much effort getting ousted by the Penguins as Nik Zherdev on a bad day was dumb. He needed to look inward - and got Pronger as a teammate for his trouble.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
2002 First Round: 0-3, 0-3, 0-3, 1-2. 1 goal scored, 11 goals allowed. Verdict: Too few goals scored.
?

1-0
0-3
0-3
0-3
1-2

2-11

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
?

1-0 (OT)
0-3
0-3
0-3
1-2

2-11
I think Mountainhawk was only looking at the 4 losses, but you're right. The Flyers scored all of 2 goals in that series - only 1 in regulation.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote