HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Photoshop Thread #7 - From Barber Shop to Photoshop

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2010, 02:05 PM
silver surfer

vCash: 50
Off topic, but is there any chance I could convince someone on here to help me out with a logo for a fantasy football team? Jamarcus Russell's Purple Drank incident is just screaming for a logo...

Old
07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Lighten up. Holy hell.
Eh, you're not offended. He is. I fully respect and understand that. You notice, as the main photoshoper, and Jewish, I didn't make that request. (TBH- I can't remember if he actually requested it..but if he did, I wouldn't make it). I'm not thrilled about his avy, but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver surfer View Post
Off topic, but is there any chance I could convince someone on here to help me out with a logo for a fantasy football team? Jamarcus Russell's Purple Drank incident is just screaming for a logo...
Tell me what you're thinking of, and I'll try and help you out!

Old
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
97FlyersKing18

As long as the "offensive to some people" photoshops stay in this thread and others like it, I have no issue with it. I did not intend to come into this thread as I do not have amazing skills, I just happened to be scrolling through another thread and saw the avatar. I have never laughed at the Che or Hitler photographs and I always try to erase/cover Swastikas around playgrounds and on school buildings. It caught me by suprise. If I came into this thread without seeing the "Hitler Holmgren" avatar, I probably wouldn't have been as offended as I am now. I felt that it was my duty to call out an offensive photo that represents the Flyers fanbase in an dim light. Just because I made a comment doesn't mean other posters did not feel offended (other posters later commented on the avatar). I did not mean to make it personal towards the photoshopper or the people that wanted me to "lighten up", I was just supporting my position with (mostly unbiased) knowledge and reasoning.

Old
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
As long as the "offensive to some people" photoshops stay in this thread and others like it, I have no issue with it. I did not intend to come into this thread as I do not have amazing skills, I just happened to be scrolling through another thread and saw the avatar. I have never laughed at the Che or Hitler photographs and I always try to erase/cover Swastikas around playgrounds and on school buildings. It caught me by suprise. If I came into this thread without seeing the "Hitler Holmgren" avatar, I probably wouldn't have been as offended as I am now. I felt that it was my duty to call out an offensive photo that represents the Flyers fanbase in an dim light. Just because I made a comment doesn't mean other posters did not feel offended (other posters later commented on the avatar). I did not mean to make it personal towards the photoshopper or the people that wanted me to "lighten up", I was just supporting my position with (mostly unbiased) knowledge and reasoning.

Old
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I find it ridiculous that people say "I'm offended by Hitler." Obviously this isn't the place to discuss this, but lets be serious. You may have had a distant relative effected by it, but you were not effected IN ANY WAY. It's just like a great great grandson of a slave now-a-day asking for reparations. Sorry if I sound racist or anti-semitic in anyway, because trust me I'm not. I guess I'm just more open to humor than most.

Old
07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
I find it ridiculous that people say "I'm offended by Hitler." Obviously this isn't the place to discuss this, but lets be serious. You may have had a distant relative effected by it, but you were not effected IN ANY WAY. It's just like a great great grandson of a slave now-a-day asking for reparations. Sorry if I sound racist or anti-semitic in anyway, because trust me I'm not. I guess I'm just more open to humor than most.
Well, at least you don't have A Clockwork Orange as your avatar yet crying about your sensitivity to objectionable content.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
97FlyersKing18

Facts pertaining to the cause, escalation and result of World War II and Hitler's role in them are unbiased facts proven by data from countless scholars, professors, sociologists, biologists and historians from across the globe, not my biased opinion. I am biased because of my indirect relation to the events that unfolded, my religion, and my academic discipline at University, but I did not present unbiased data or facts somebody could not look up at the local library.

To be honest, I am anti-affirmative action as I feel the best qualified candidate should receive the postion, not the most "diverse". Everyone has greviences, but the Holocaust was not even 75 years ago, there are people that lost loved ones that are still alive and never re-married or had children. Asian-Americans that built the American West from San Francisco to Seattle to Omaha through slave labor on the railroads during the late 1800s are no longer alive, just as no slaves that passed through the Triangle Trade are not alive. Only the pain of relatives remain. People that escaped the Holocaust and concentration camps in Poland and Germany are still alive and have black number burns to prove there was indeed a Holocaust (a majority of the World Population still do not believe it ever happened). I highly recommend sitting down with an elderly man or woman before they all pass away with time (or going to a guest lecture) and speaking with him or her about the Holocaust, it is pretty powerful.

I do not find Adolf Hitler offensive, and I stated before that he was a brilliant man in many capacities that uplifted a nation to a World Super-Power. However, I do find a photoshopped picture version of Paul Holmgren, the current leader and architect of the Philadelphia Flyers, sporting a Hitler Mustache and hair piece offensive.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
decadentia

Quote:

Old
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
I do not find Adolf Hitler offensive, and I stated before that he was a brilliant man in many capacities that uplifted a nation to a World Super-Power. However, I do find a photoshopped picture version of Paul Holmgren, the current leader and architect of the Philadelphia Flyers, sporting a Hitler Mustache and hair piece offensive.
We can all read between the lines.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
I don't get it either. Its like if someone's great great great grandfather killed my great great great grandfather I'd expect the great great great grandson to do the great great great grandfather's time. Its absurd, people just love finding events to have an opinion or feelings on even though the actual event barely touched their life.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
97FlyersKing18

Ok? I don't understand the reading between the lines stuff because I did infact state that Hitler was a brilliant man in multiple realms in both that post and an earlier post. He was a wonderful public speaker that arranged the masses to follow his every move, he was a master strategist that located the weakness in German morale after losing WWI and revolutionized the German economy. He just happened to be an extreme racist that had no regard for human life, sought for a scapegoat to pit all the troubles of Germany on, and ended up working his own army to the point where they could not advance the Eastern Front. If you want to have a legitimate conversation about this topic, you should do it with more than a silly one line comment that doesn't prove/disprove anything.

Also, there is no way Charlie Chaplin or the Pink Panther is the true version of the origianal photoshop, it is clearly "Holmgren Hitler" by way of context.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Hey guys, Hitler wasn't around in the 1800s. Not all posters are 20 somethings. There are still some people around that have been DIRECTLY affected. The image of Hitler isn't offensive to me. Comparing the actions of the GM of the team I love to HIS actions is not comparable IN MY OPINION. But I wouldn't call anyone out on their choice to bear his image, and I don't think its right to call someone out because they don't like it.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Valhoun*

I think we can all agree, however, that we don't need to post any images of any member of Nickleback. That's just too offensive to all of us.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Ok? I don't understand the reading between the lines stuff because I did infact state that Hitler was a brilliant man in multiple realms in both that post and an earlier post. He was a wonderful public speaker that arranged the masses to follow his every move, he was a master strategist that located the weakness in German morale after losing WWI and revolutionized the German economy. He just happened to be an extreme racist that had no regard for human life, sought for a scapegoat to pit all the troubles of Germany on, and ended up working his own army to the point where they could not advance the Eastern Front. If you want to have a legitimate conversation about this topic, you should do it with more than a silly one line comment that doesn't prove/disprove anything.

Also, there is no way Charlie Chaplin or the Pink Panther is the true version of the origianal photoshop, it is clearly "Holmgren Hitler" by way of context.
It was done in jest, as is almost absolutely everything in this thread.

Old
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I think we can all agree, however, that we don't need to post any images of any member of Nickleback. That's just too offensive to all of us.
So offensive that it's not polite to spell their name correctly. It may just make a poster puke at the site of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
It was done in jest, as is almost absolutely everything in this thread.
Exactly why I cannot see anyone taking offensive to it. Regardless, issue over. Who currrrs?

Old
07-08-2010, 12:38 PM
decadentia

Haha, my first attempt with GIMP (my god its ****tier than photoshop for noobs...)

little less lazy with the hair...

Last edited by decadentia: 07-08-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Hey guys, I'm playing off the playoff avatars because I liked them so much but I decided to make one about our future. This can be funny about our lack of future or legitimate about our excitement for the future!

I did Bourdon here because I really like him but hes such a goofball..

Let me know if you want one, I'd be glad to give it a go for you.

All credit to Jules for the basis, please if you don't want me to use your original template I will definitely stop!

Old
07-09-2010, 12:32 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:

Last edited by The Cheat: 07-09-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Defmincex13

Caption: Hes no lazy....

Carters living room....

im sure someone could use carters face here for something

Last edited by Defmincex13: 07-09-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
Hey guys, I'm playing off the playoff avatars because I liked them so much but I decided to make one about our future. This can be funny about our lack of future or legitimate about our excitement for the future!

I did Bourdon here because I really like him but hes such a goofball..

Let me know if you want one, I'd be glad to give it a go for you.

All credit to Jules for the basis, please if you don't want me to use your original template I will definitely stop!
I take no propriety claim over designs. Create away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defmincex13 View Post

Caption: Hes no lazy....
The only thing I'd wanna photoshop is my head on that girl. LOL

Old
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Black Ice

Carter seems to attract a lot of RL attention.

Last edited by Black Ice: 07-09-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: hypocracy
Old
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Carter seems to attract a lot of RL attention.
RL?

I feel like I might regret asking this question.

Old
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
RL?

*thankful someone asked that*

Old
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
RL?

Real life

Old
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Here's a John LeClair logo/icon sort of thing I'm working on in Illustrator (close enough to Photoshop ). Again, work in progress, but figured you guys would appreciate it more than anyone. Any feedback?

Closed Thread