HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simon Gagne to Rangers (if waived)

Old
07-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
I like how this one tweet has caused multiple paged threads on some team boards, where they are convincing each other that this could actually happen.
Thank you...a voice of reason from an independant fan. Gagne will never be waived. IF he refused to waive his NTC, Philly could threaten to waive him and then he has to think about playing in Edmonton or Toronto for a year. OR Philly could always trade Carle or some other pieces...still have lots of options.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
I doubt that the Flyers would let him anywhere near a division rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
IF he refused to waive his NTC, Philly could threaten to waive him and then he has to think about playing in Edmonton or Toronto for a year. [
That's probably what the waiver thing was originally about, it just morphed and spiralled out of control (as a lot of rumours usually do). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Tampa did that with Dan Boyle.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote