HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Northern NJ hockey store...gotta check it out

Old
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
New Northern NJ hockey store...gotta check it out

Hey guys. First off, let me say, I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THIS STORE. Nobody there knows I am posting this. Maybe some of the workers are on here.

Regardless, if you're in Northern New Jersey, you HAVE to check out Pure Hockey in Fairfield on Route 46 West. I understand there are many other locations, but this is the most amazing store I've seen in the area, period. I won't say any names, but I've been to every rink and proshop within a reasonable distance, and this shop blows them all out of the water. Selection at least 10x bigger and better than any of the places, with internet/better pricing. Really helpful staff too.

They also have this deal now where for every $100 you spend, you get a $25 gift card. Not sure how long this is going on.

Again, sorry to sound like an advertisement, but I'm just looking to help out my local hockey players as well as this local shop. I just got back with my buddy and I got a Vector10 prostock stick as well as some pucks. I noticed there wasn't really anyone in the store, and a store this good has to become known, quick.

There is also a sizeable lacrosse section.

You can see a picture I tweeted to my friends and followers here: http://twitgoo.com/17e98m

Thanks guys.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

yea a poster on this forum is the manager

hes a devils fan and posts in "the rink" alot

this is the second thread ive seen about it so it must be a good place

edit: looking at the picture the place looks awesome. i usually have to go to the hockey shop in binghamton to go to a decent hockey store but i will check that place out when i need something else

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

There's another post? I'm sorry, I must have missed it. I looked in here, unless maybe it was in the Devils forum, or I just missed it.

I especially liked that they had one of the EZ Goals they were selling set up, so they let me try out different sticks that I was looking at. EXTREMELY helpful.

Old
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
There's another post? I'm sorry, I must have missed it. I looked in here, unless maybe it was in the Devils forum, or I just missed it.

I especially liked that they had one of the EZ Goals they were selling set up, so they let me try out different sticks that I was looking at. EXTREMELY helpful.
yea it was on the devils forum

thats awesome about the being able to test out the sticks, we are trying to get that at our shop/rink because the rink got a new rapid shot

the manager poster is Devilsfan or something

found the other thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=781496

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Synergy27

I went to this place on my way home from work a couple of days ago. It really is leaps and bounds better than any other LHS in the area, but unfortunately they still can't hold a candle to the prices and inventory that online shops can offer, especially when it comes to roller equipment. They honestly do have a ton of stuff though, and it's nice to have the place around and I hope it succeeds, but my extreme buyer's remorse just doesn't allow me to buy things when I know I can get them much cheaper somewhere else.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I went to this place on my way home from work a couple of days ago. It really is leaps and bounds better than any other LHS in the area, but unfortunately they still can't hold a candle to the prices and inventory that online shops can offer, especially when it comes to roller equipment. They honestly do have a ton of stuff though, and it's nice to have the place around and I hope it succeeds, but my extreme buyer's remorse just doesn't allow me to buy things when I know I can get them much cheaper somewhere else.
I wrote some of the prices of what I was looking for from HockeyMonkey down on my phone's notepad app and when I got to the store they were all either the same or cheaper.

Until now I've found it okay for a store's prices to be a bit more than online, but now I see that reasonable prices can still be found.

Not sure what you were looking at in the store.

Old
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Pure Hockey

Pure Hockey

Hey guys -

I run the corporate/marketing/digital group here at Pure Hockey. I'm not here to sell you anything, but to participate in discussion where appropriate. Joe, the store manager down in Fairfield, is active on this site as well. You can message either one of us directly if you need any questions answered. We're happy to help you out in any way we possibly can.

Thanks
Jeff

Pure Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
DevsFan84

All,

I appreciate the comments. We've been open a little over a month, so certain things are still being worked on (i.e. roller hockey equipment, which is on the way) and we get new products every week.

If you happen to stop by, please feel free to let me know in person what you think and if there is anything we can do better. Your feedback (both positive and negative) is how we get better at what we do.

Thanks
Joe
SM

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
I wrote some of the prices of what I was looking for from HockeyMonkey down on my phone's notepad app and when I got to the store they were all either the same or cheaper.

Until now I've found it okay for a store's prices to be a bit more than online, but now I see that reasonable prices can still be found.

Not sure what you were looking at in the store.
I'm an online clearance junkie. The prices of high end stuff from just one year ago get slashed as soon as the new, fancy, bright-colored stuff comes out and I am always ready to pounce.

I understand that brick and mortar stores can't really work with that business model. Limited floor space means no room for old stuff. It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

That said, I really was impressed by this place. It is enormous, so much so that when I first pulled into the parking lot I thought that this might be a warehouse instead of a store (i.e., not accessible to the public). It is absolutely the best store currently in the area; better than Non-Stop and any of the pro-shops, and having moved up here from Monmouth County, I think it's even better than Ocean Hockey down in Brick which was the gold standard when I was a kid.

Old
07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
gluvhand

For any of you guys/girls that have been there, how does the goalie dept./section look? I'm in Rockland County NY and am considering the trip.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
For any of you guys/girls that have been there, how does the goalie dept./section look? I'm in Rockland County NY and am considering the trip.
Way better than any goalie section I have seen in any other store, but I'm not a goalie so I didn't explore it with any depth. It just looked they have a lot of stuff.

Old
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Way better than any goalie section I have seen in any other store, but I'm not a goalie so I didn't explore it with any depth. It just looked they have a lot of stuff.
Cool, thanks. I've been to Wesco in Connecticut and their goalie dept. is very good but the drive is a bit far. Will try this place soon!

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Very impressive goalie section. Bigger than I've ever seen before. Me and my buddy that I was there with are both skaters, but we went in the goalie section just to look. We were both impressed.

Old
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan84 View Post
All,

I appreciate the comments. We've been open a little over a month, so certain things are still being worked on (i.e. roller hockey equipment, which is on the way) and we get new products every week.

If you happen to stop by, please feel free to let me know in person what you think and if there is anything we can do better. Your feedback (both positive and negative) is how we get better at what we do.

Thanks
Joe
SM
Are you open Sundays? Do you have weird summer hours?

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

If it's what you were implying, that'd be my only complaint. I kinda wish they were open longer.

If there was a place like this with a rink attached I think I'd put a tent outside and live there.

Old
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hey guys. First off, let me say, I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THIS STORE. Nobody there knows I am posting this. Maybe some of the workers are on here.

Regardless, if you're in Northern New Jersey, you HAVE to check out Pure Hockey in Fairfield on Route 46 West. I understand there are many other locations, but this is the most amazing store I've seen in the area, period. I won't say any names, but I've been to every rink and proshop within a reasonable distance, and this shop blows them all out of the water. Selection at least 10x bigger and better than any of the places, with internet/better pricing. Really helpful staff too.

They also have this deal now where for every $100 you spend, you get a $25 gift card. Not sure how long this is going on.

Again, sorry to sound like an advertisement, but I'm just looking to help out my local hockey players as well as this local shop. I just got back with my buddy and I got a Vector10 prostock stick as well as some pucks. I noticed there wasn't really anyone in the store, and a store this good has to become known, quick.

There is also a sizeable lacrosse section.

You can see a picture I tweeted to my friends and followers here: http://twitgoo.com/17e98m

Thanks guys.
Hey we live in the same location

Does this place carry any inline gear? I don't play ice....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hey we live in the same location

Does this place carry any inline gear? I don't play ice....
You're from Hawthorne?

They have a bit of inline gear now. From what I've heard that is one part of their stock that they are really still in the process of adding.

Old
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
DevsFan84

Quote:
If it's what you were implying, that'd be my only complaint. I kinda wish they were open longer.

If there was a place like this with a rink attached I think I'd put a tent outside and live there.
Our hours have been extended as of July 5th

Monday-Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday 9-5
Sunday 10-5

Old
07-10-2010, 07:04 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Gotta support your local shops when they are there. I don't mind spending A little more if I know they will still be there.

My brother stopped in the first week it was open and was impressed then. I am out of the area, but have bought from pure hockey online before for sticks. I called and they were very helpful.

Keep it up guys. I wish you were there when I lived in parsippanny. North jersey needed A shop to compete with that store in cedar grove.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:38 AM

Going there today. Sports Section will always be my sharpeners though...

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Axxion89

Yea I went there first time 2 days ago, really big selection and prices of normal/non clearance sticks were identical to online. Store was MASSIVE so much unused floor space so its definitely easy to walk around unlike most stores and so neat. Bought a clearance Warrior Dolomite Spyne with the Kovalev curve because of the $25 gift card deal and overall a great store, just wish it was closer

Axxion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Cowbell232

Probably going to run up there in the next few weeks to start hunting down my next pair of gloves. I'm happy to hear a lot of great things about this place.

Old
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
DevsFan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Probably going to run up there in the next few weeks to start hunting down my next pair of gloves. I'm happy to hear a lot of great things about this place.
We have over 500 pairs in stock, so hopefully you can find something you like

Old
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
The drive will probably keep me from turning my back on consignment sports but I'm going to have to take a drive up this week. One of my favorite pairs of gloves was bought from pure hockey online.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
ryangib

man, **** consignment sports. in my experience with that place, the ONLY stuff you can get decent deals on there are used gloves and used shinguards, and used elbow pads. everything else about that place blows.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote