HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Washington Capitals Development Camp, July 11-17

Old
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Could be, just seems odd how long he was on the Black Aces and something wasn't being taken care of a couple months ago. I just find it rather interesting since there seems to be a bunch of these issues around the two league this off season.
It's a pretty complicated process and that paperwork might not work for this camp even if the dates extended for this long. I'd imagine any paperwork he had expired relatively close to the end of the season.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Capagonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
scratch one off the list

Dmitry Chesnokov

"Just chatted with Kugryshev who said his visa wasn't done on time; will miss the #Caps development camp."

so much for the conditioning watch...
Why would his visa be messed up wasn't he in Hershey working out during the playoffs after his junior season ended?

Capagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
sk84fun_dc

An update on Godfrey, Glass and Larson thanks to Japers over at Japers Rink.

"sk8 -

Per the team, Godfrey wonít be there b/c heís too old (would be the only third-year pro there). Larson and Glass both would have had to pay their own way, and may also have classes this summer Ė itís their option whether or not to attend."

I know there are some League rules about Dev Camp participation, but then some that are team specific. I read another team say a player wouldnít be there because players not on ELCs arenít attending, but then in the Caps case they have Miskovic. Curious if the Godfrey third year pro issue is League or Caps, but not a big deal.

I noted the NCAA aspect for Glass; wasnít sure if they had released Larsonís rights the way they did for example with Bruneteau and Gwidt in the past. So based on that update, sure sounds like they still have his rights/are listing him on the reserve list to date. I understand the issues for an NCAA prospect as it relates to attending dev. camp and have tried to note the NCAA issue whenever I post about someone not attending.

Old
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

RE: Caps Prospects

Quote:
FYI, some of this information is in the contract thread.

Bruneteau's and Gwidt's rights were released.

The new CBA changed the rules for European prospects drafted under the old CBA. There was new expirations set depending on the draft class. Salonen and Guggisberg had to be signed, I want to say by 2007 for the 2004 European draft picks, but they were not signed so their rights are no longer held by the Caps.

My best guess on Larson is that they released his rights, but nothing to back that up and it's simply a guess. He's an NCAA player so as I noted before it's pay your own way Glass not sure, I assume they are still holding his rights and as I noted before it's simply an issue of pay your own way, conflict, injury or some combination of those.

Thanks a ton for the info- that's really helpful! A couple follow up questions for you...

Do you know when Gwidt/Bruneteau's rights were released? Did that have to do with the fact that they both played two years in the USHL before going to college, and therefore a decision about whether to keep them had to be made within two years of drafting them as opposed to 30 days after they leave college?

Your answer about the new rules for europeans in the CBA makes sense, but I do have one question about it. In 2003 the Caps drafted Andreas Valdix from Sweden, so he would have been under the same rules as Oscar Hedman (no transfer agreement until recently). I believe we had to decide whether to sign him or not back in 2007 (at which point we released his rights), and I'm not sure why. Sorry, just trying to figure out what happened in this case.

Thanks again.

OldSchoolCaps84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

So I was just looking and Andrew Glass' 21st birthday falls right in the middle of Dev Camp week. If that's the reason he's not coming, I already want them to release his rights.

Old
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
sk84fun_dc

The info. on Bruneteau was reported in an article, I believe by the Sioux beat writer, Schlossman. It was posted here long ago, I imagine a search with Bruneteau's name would find it.

I don't have a definitive answer re. when Gwidt's rights were released.

Valdix's rights based on the new rules had an expiration date, pretty sure 2007. Again, the details on the expiration of European draft picks' rights is posted in the archives here. Some digging using a more obscure prospect's name in the search engine would make it relatively easy to find.

Not the same as Hedman as there was a transfer agreement with Sweden and then it expired. The transfer agreement that had been in place expired before Hedman's rights expired. The one year draft difference was a factor. I think the 2003 picks had to be signed by 2007 and it was 2008 for the 2004 picks, as I think about this for the first time in a long while. So modify the earlier Salonen comment accordingly based on that info.

Old
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCaps84 View Post
So I was just looking and Andrew Glass' 21st birthday falls right in the middle of Dev Camp week. If that's the reason he's not coming, I already want them to release his rights.
A post like that makes me regret replying to you in such detail about your other questions :

or as Strung might say

Old
07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
DrPP

vCash: 504
Quote:
A post like that makes me regret replying to you in such detail about your other questions :

or as Strung might say
It's okay. Other people appreciate the info.

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
sk84fun_dc

Thanks.

Add another FA invite.

David de Kastrozza, NCAA/Stingrays ECHL (F). He played some games (regular season and playoffs) for the Stingrays after he finished his senior season at U Maine last season.

Old
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

not sure i ever posted it on these boards, so i will now. the official calicapfan 2010-11 caps calendar is LIVE! (and updated for development camp). get it here:
iCal & Google users:
webcal://ical.me.com/willowdemayo/Wa...ls%2010-11.ics

All others:
http://ical.me.com/willowdemayo/Wash...pitals%2010-11

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

RE: Caps Prospects

Quote:
Valdix's rights based on the new rules had an expiration date, pretty sure 2007. Again, the details on the expiration of European draft picks' rights is posted in the archives here. Some digging using a more obscure prospect's name in the search engine would make it relatively easy to find.

Not the same as Hedman as there was a transfer agreement with Sweden and then it expired. The transfer agreement that had been in place expired before Hedman's rights expired. The one year draft difference was a factor. I think the 2003 picks had to be signed by 2007 and it was 2008 for the 2004 picks, as I think about this for the first time in a long while. So modify the earlier Salonen comment accordingly based on that info.
Thanks for the info on Bruneteau- I did find that article you referenced in the archives. Funny that I couldn't find anything on Gwidt at all.

You're absolutely right on Valdix/Salonen/Guggisberg. I found an explanation in the NHL CBA Exhibit 16 2.n, which apparently didn't apply to Yunkov because of the lack of transfer agreement with Russia. The only thing confusing me now is why Exhibit 16 from the CBA applied to Valdix (from Sweden) but not to Hedman (from Sweden) as we apparently only just released Hedman's rights this year, but we released Valdix's in 2007. By the CBA, we should have had to make a decision on Hedman by 6/1/2008. Weird.

Old
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

RE: Andrew Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
It's okay. Other people appreciate the info.
Quote:

or as Strung might say
sk8- sorry, I'm new to HFboards..was just joking around / speculating about Glass' reasons for not attending Dev Camp...is that sort of thing not appreciated on here?

DrPP- thanks...just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Old
07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Thanks for the info on Bruneteau- I did find that article you referenced in the archives. Funny that I couldn't find anything on Gwidt at all.

You're absolutely right on Valdix/Salonen/Guggisberg. I found an explanation in the NHL CBA Exhibit 16 2.n, which apparently didn't apply to Yunkov because of the lack of transfer agreement with Russia. The only thing confusing me now is why Exhibit 16 from the CBA applied to Valdix (from Sweden) but not to Hedman (from Sweden) as we apparently only just released Hedman's rights this year, but we released Valdix's in 2007. By the CBA, we should have had to make a decision on Hedman by 6/1/2008. Weird.
For the reason I explained earlier, the transfer agreement with Sweden expired sometime before that June 1, 2008 deadline...so Valdix's rights expired while Hedman's were held longer. A new transfer agreement with Sweden was announced not too long ago.

Old
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

Thanks sk8. Everything is crystal clear now. BTW, where do you get all of this information?

Old
07-09-2010, 04:27 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
capswincup

I'm sorry...it makes me laugh

Quote:
sk8- sorry, I'm new to HFboards..was just joking around / speculating about Glass' reasons for not attending Dev Camp...is that sort of thing not appreciated on here?

DrPP- thanks...just thought it was an interesting tidbit.
Nope...no joking here...not EVER.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ht=Sidney+dies

capswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

Quote:
Originally Posted by capswincup View Post
Hilarious thread. Have you killed the damn thing yet?

Old
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

Strungout - fair enough, but explain the latest update on de Kastrozza as a FA invite. I googled the s*** out of that and didn't find anything...sk8's like an oracle.

Old
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
capswincup

Nope. But he is bulking up nicely...unlike his namesake. But he IS a mama's boy, so the name fits.

Old
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
OldSchoolCaps84

Quote:
Originally Posted by capswincup View Post
Nope. But he is bulking up nicely...unlike his namesake. But he IS a mama's boy, so the name fits.
Not that I know anything about farming, but a friend once told me that with bulls that you raise for meat, you have to castrate them to prevent the meat from being too lean. Insert applicable Crosby jokes here...

Old
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Strungout - fair enough, but explain the latest update on de Kastrozza as a FA invite. I googled the s*** out of that and didn't find anything...sk8's like an oracle.
It's not about googling, it's an inside joke that sk8 is secretly a bot. Or something.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
capswincup

Quote:
Not that I know anything about farming, but a friend once told me that with bulls that you raise for meat, you have to castrate them to prevent them from being too mean. Insert applicable Crosby jokes here...
Fixed it.

Though you may be right about the "lean meat" thing, too. I've been told it's an attutude thing. Not that I know anything about farming either. Or hockey.

Old
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
sk84fun_dc

Davis may have been added in the update as I'm pretty sure I actually read this blog the other day; anyway, add another dman FA invite:

Kurt Davis, D, Mankato State, heading into senior season...not the first Mankato State player given a look by the organization - Bruess signed a year ago; Berge spent some time with SC; Morin... source

Old
07-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Quote:
Davis may have been added in the update as I'm pretty sure I actually read this blog the other day; anyway, add another dman FA invite:

Kurt Davis, D, Mankato State, heading into senior season...not the first Mankato State player given a look by the organization - Bruess signed a year ago; Berge spent some time with SC; Morin... source
Is he really 5'9?...

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
scratch one off the list

Dmitry Chesnokov

"Just chatted with Kugryshev who said his visa wasn't done on time; will miss the #Caps development camp."

so much for the conditioning watch...
Where's FeedDaPuck when we need him?

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote