HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you guys think that Montreal will select a player in waiver draft?

View Poll Results: Will MTL select in waiver draft?
YES 23 41.82%
NO 32 58.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 04:12 PM
RichardZednik#20

vCash: 500
Do you guys think that Montreal will select a player in waiver draft?

If you guys have the time, it would be cool if you could explaim why.

I would say yes, because I think there will be some good hockey players available. Last year I remember Marty Reasoner from Edmonton was available and I would have like for MTL to grab him. This year we have alot of problem and some players could be of interest. Just for exemple: Jeff Heerema from now NYR might be expose, we have a good rank with 10th overall so......

Old
09-30-2003, 04:26 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I guess it really is up to who's left unprotected. If a Hab is chosen, than that would most likely increase the chances of us picking up someone.

I think Gainey is looking for size.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:31 PM
caper13

waiver draft

yea i think bg will seek some size or some young talent who knowes for sure but i think he will be busy.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:45 PM
8b

I say yes, they could release a $$$ player and get one cheaper. The habs have plenty of players they could put on the waiver list

Old
10-01-2003, 02:26 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
I don't think so, all the "good" players will be protected and I think we had a lesson with Old players that are not so good.

Old
10-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Darz

Depends on who is left unprotected I guess.
I doubt the rangers will leave Jeff Heerema unprotected. They could leave most of there roster unprotected and not lose a player. But if Heerema was available I wouldn't mind seeing the habs nab him.

Old
10-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
If you guys have the time, it would be cool if you could explaim why.

I would say yes, because I think there will be some good hockey players available. Last year I remember Marty Reasoner from Edmonton was available and I would have like for MTL to grab him. This year we have alot of problem and some players could be of interest. Just for exemple: Jeff Heerema from now NYR might be expose, we have a good rank with 10th overall so......
I dont think so. Situation with Reasoner has changed since then. Marchant jumped ships and Comrie is holding out. Canadiens have Ward and Ryder who are essentially in same boat with Heerema... besides Habs could have already picked him up having higher waiver draft choise that Rangers did. And they didnt.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:15 AM
marcel

vCash:
i think they pick up paul karyia when the avs put him on waivers...they might even pick up cujo to if he still around.but other than that that all they will probally do eh..lol just kidding guys

maybe hagman from florida or it hard to say until we see who's exposed .i say pick up some size leave the smurfs alone..

one thing i got to ask is bob gainey and donald audette didnt hit it off in dallas even though bob gave donald 3 million,and bob shipped him out .so what does bob do with donald now?i say eat some salary and get rid of him to any one who will take him

traverse see ya later that what i have to say thanks for the service but yer out...

karl dykhuis i think he's gone to

danganis he ahl bound imho

francis lemieux i hope he stays in france

geez and mike keane is lookin good in vancouver

hasek looked like crap last night maybe the wings should keep cujo..
any way let's see the waiver lists

arl dykhuis

Old
10-01-2003, 05:50 AM
Cloudigger

wel i think that if there is a good physical player available... an enforcer or not.. the habs will pick him

Old
10-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Will there be anything good left with a 10th overall pick?

Old
10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Will there be anything good left with a 10th overall pick?
Ther should likely be some good players available at 10th choice. Some teams may not want to picl anyone up, because they don't have the salary (pittsburgh) or there isn't anything available to suit their needs. I imagine there should be several good players left when the Habs get their choice, but it will depend on who it is, and if BG wants to take a gamble on the person.

Does anyone think that if someone like a lemieux was left unprotected, a team would pick him up, regardless of his contract?

Old
10-01-2003, 12:01 PM
tinyzombies

There might be some salary dump surprises..

Old
10-01-2003, 06:06 PM
oli500

Why not kariya. No not paul but steve. Hes allways bounce urond and no one gave him a real chanche. I think he could be a good depht player to have urond youre system. I mean hes going to pan out one day. Might as well be montreal. Another player that I have in mind is form philli the 6 foot 5 defencemen chris therrin. We dont have a through lefte on are depth chart and having a guy that big is going to make are defence very scary. Imagine that, Komi 6-4, therrien, 6-5, souray 6-1.

Closed Thread