HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bob Murray will not trade Bobby Ryan

Old
07-10-2010, 11:45 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Oh god, not another denial thread about Gagne.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Let me spell it out for you again...

"ON THE ICE" value does not determine "MARKET VALUE."

Yes, their market value is different, but their on-ice production/product/whatever you want to call it for next year is basically the same.
Why do you always turn threads into this? The guy didn't get your joke, ok. Tell him it was a joke and move on. Gagne has absolutely nothing to do with Ryan.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
RIGHT NOW SIMON GAGNE WILL BE ABOUT AS VALUABLE TO AN ORGANIZATION ON THE ICE AS BOBBY RYAN.

Gagne is a talented two-way 1st line winger with great defensive play and the capability of putting up 35-70 fairly easily.

So yes, on the ice, Gagne right now is as valuable if not more so than Ryan as he continues to develop.

That said, Ryan's best years are ahead of him despite whatever contract he comes out of this offseason with.

I don't know why it's hard for people to understand.
I disagree. It has nothing to do with me not understanding.

I don't think teams expect him to put up those numbers. He only has 1 year left on his deal so while cap hit would be troublesome, his contract wouldn't be that big of a deal. Not enough to have the flyers considering waiving him.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
He's right. Gagne can very easily come back and put up 70 pts, 30g, and with his great 2-way play, be more valuable then what Ryan has shown. We all assume (myself included) Ryan will get better as he matures, but he hasn't done it yet, which makes his point true. It could just as easily get worse for Gagne if he doesn't return to form, but I would guess he will.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
He's right. Gagne can very easily come back and put up 70 pts, 30g, and with his great 2-way play, be more valuable then what Ryan has shown. We all assume (myself included) Ryan will get better as he matures, but he hasn't done it yet, which makes his point true. It could just as easily get worse for Gagne if he doesn't return to form, but I would guess he will.
No, he's really not right. He just thinks every Flyers player is incredible and will find some way to make him so if anyone says otherwise.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:03 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
No, he's really not right. He just thinks every Flyers player is incredible and will find some way to make him so if anyone says otherwise.
Do you know anything about Simon Gagne?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Uhh yeah. Wasn't she the one in Pee Wee's Big Adventure?.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:06 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
This. According to Chris, if a hockey player is not wearing a Flyer's jersey, he is worth nothing.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Pepper

Gagne's value is nowhere near Ryan's value simply for the fact that Gagne has never played a full season. Fact is that you can't count on Gagne to play more than 70 games per season.

Oh and Chris is bit of a Flyers homer, you just have to ignore all the hot air and Flyers bias.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Do you?

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Watch Ranger fans still think he's coming there.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Common sense.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
So get a deal done rather than moaning about wanting speculation to end. Simple, really - he can hardly blame fans of other teams like Toronto getting giddy about him. In theory, anyone can pluck him away right now.
Anyone with their first 3 picks in next years draft at least. That cuts out quite a few.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:05 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
WTF has Bobby Ryan done to make him so much better then Gagne.

He's stated that Ryan has better market value, and we would all base this on his potential, but he has not passed Gagne's peak yet. IF Gagne comes back and plays at near his potential, he is still slightly better. Both right now are 30 goal scorers, one with more potential, one with a better defensive game. Right now it's a wash, as far as on ice value goes today. In the open market, every GM in the league would gamble on Ryan's potential as a 40g PF, vs a near selke candidate, 30g, 70pt 30yo with injury concerns.

If you were to pick one tommorow for your national team, with both healthy, it would be a close decision, likely to come down to need. Potential would have no value.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
alx83*

I heard rumours the Ducks are just trying to throw everyone off on twitter! O M G IS IT TRUE!?!

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
WTF has Bobby Ryan done to make him so much better then Gagne.
Double the goal total?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

If they're not trading him, "offer sheet" to him!

CRDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:40 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
RIGHT NOW SIMON GAGNE WILL BE ABOUT AS VALUABLE TO AN ORGANIZATION ON THE ICE AS BOBBY RYAN.

Gagne is a talented two-way 1st line winger with great defensive play and the capability of putting up 35-70 fairly easily.

So yes, on the ice, Gagne right now is as valuable if not more so than Ryan as he continues to develop.

That said, Ryan's best years are ahead of him despite whatever contract he comes out of this offseason with.

I don't know why it's hard for people to understand.
People don`t understand insanity. Gagnes value is nowhere close to Ryans.

Quote:
Yes, used to be one of my favorite players.

Concussions and hernias changed him forever. Used to have probably the best breakaway speed, and now is just average. No doubt a good player, and a solid top 6 on pretty much any team.....but teams don`t see the worth in a 30 year old who has struggled with injurys over the course of his career and still makes over 5 million.

To the OP...I`ll believe it when I see it.
IMO Ryans rights will be traded for a similar value young defenseman.....right now they only have 2 NHL defenseman under contract IMO(Festerling and Brookbank are 7th d men)

Hillers good, but your going to kill him with your current back end.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Bejamin1*

Ryan won't be moved. I said it a long time ago and I'll keep saying it. All those r-tards making Bobby Ryan proposals can eat their hat and shut up finally.

Also to the guy who thinks Gagne is worth more you're just being a homer. There isn't an intelligent unbiased fan on these boards that wouldn't take one year of Ryan over one year of Gagne. Ryan has no injury issues and is a special player. Gagne is thirty and his durability is lacking. He's not the same player he was 5-7 years ago. He's still a good player but he's no Bobby Ryan.

Bejamin1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:49 PM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
People don`t understand insanity. Gagnes value is nowhere close to Ryans.

Yes, used to be one of my favorite players.

Concussions and hernias changed him forever. Used to have probably the best breakaway speed, and now is just average. No doubt a good player, and a solid top 6 on pretty much any team.....but teams don`t see the worth in a 30 year old who has struggled with injurys over the course of his career and still makes over 5 million.

To the OP...I`ll believe it when I see it.
IMO Ryans rights will be traded for a similar value young defenseman.....right now they only have 2 NHL defenseman under contract IMO(Festerling and Brookbank are 7th d men)

Hillers good, but your going to kill him with your current back end.
Brookbank was the #6 last year and did about as well as any #6 would be expected to do. Wiz is going to arb so chances are he should be under contract as well. I have to think that Sbisa or Fowler will be on the team next season. Really the Ducks are looking for one more d-man and there are plenty of decent ones available that won't cost us Ryan.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Too bad. I'd gladly move Jack Johnson for him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Clearly Dreger only tweeted this in order to help the Ducks get fair trade value when they trade him for either Kaberle or Carter.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejamin1 View Post
Ryan won't be moved. I said it a long time ago and I'll keep saying it. All those r-tards making Bobby Ryan proposals can eat their hat and shut up finally.

Also to the guy who thinks Gagne is worth more you're just being a homer. There isn't an intelligent unbiased fan on these boards that wouldn't take one year of Ryan over one year of Gagne. Ryan has no injury issues and is a special player. Gagne is thirty and his durability is lacking. He's not the same player he was 5-7 years ago. He's still a good player but he's no Bobby Ryan.
He didnt say he was worth more. He also said that Ryan had more value.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
NomNom
Oh Yeah

Send a message via Skype™ to NomNom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Awesome. The only thing that still worries me is an offer sheet from LA.

At first I was all for a deal centered around Ryan and Staal, but now I don't like the idea. The reason is because the Ducks prospect pool on defense is pretty stacked, where as we are pretty thin at forwards. Fowler, Sbisa, Gardner, Mitera, and Mikkelson make up a pretty good future defense corps.
LA needs to follow SJs lead here and pounce on a rival:

An offer of 6M x 3YR, would be pretty sneaky move by LA.

At worst, you make Anaheim sign a contract that would not be a favorable one for the Ducks.

Duck's will be coughing up more then they wanted to pay for, Bobby Ryan, by 1M (Their offer being at 5M) but also would be make Ryan a UFA at the end of the contract.

I understand that the Ducks are trying to offer Ryan a more lucrative (although sub-6M/yr) offer to stay long term, and a less financially favorable short term deal. I think the hold up is Ducks trying to avoid the 3 year term all together.

I also understand, Anaheim has an internal cap by management (Although, I could be wrong)

At best, LA picks up Bobby Ryan! and based on last seasons compensation, LA would have to pay up just a First, Second, and a Third. Chump change for LA

It's a win-win! (for LA )

NomNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:56 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Brookbank was the #6 last year and did about as well as any #6 would be expected to do. Wiz is going to arb so chances are he should be under contract as well. I have to think that Sbisa or Fowler will be on the team next season. Really the Ducks are looking for one more d-man and there are plenty of decent ones available that won't cost us Ryan.

From someone who watched a lot of Fowler last season, hes not NHL ready(gonna be a good d man, but isn`t there yet)

The free agent crop of d men is running pretty thin right now. Good luck finding a top 4 in there to play with Wiz.
Brookbank and Sbisa is gonna be a pretty shaky bottom pair.(usually want a solid vet to pair with rooks)

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote