HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about 9-game tryout

Old
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Question about 9-game tryout

Just wondering, not that I think the Avs should do this.

Can a player be called up from the OHL for the 9-game tryout in the middle of the season? I don't recall this happening for any teams in the past. The reason I'm asking is because we all know that the Avs are a little thin for top-6 prospects. If we have a lot of injuries and let's say Hishon is having a great year, I'm wondering if it would be possible to recall him to give time for some players to get healthy. And if he plays really well, would they be allowed to keep him for the rest of the year?

Please don't get excited and tell me this would never happen with Hishon, I am just using him and the Avs as an example to find out the NHL regulation on the issue.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Drij

No you can not call him up after he is sent down to the OHL.
The only way you can potential call him up is in an emergency where you have no other players available to call up.
For that to happen the AHL team would have to be out of town playing a game. The Leafs did this with Kadri last season, but then again he plays near the team for that to happen.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 03:41 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
No you can not call him up after he is sent down to the OHL.
The only way you can potential call him up is in an emergency where you have no other players available to call up.
For that to happen the AHL team would have to be out of town playing a game. The Leafs did this with Kadri last season, but then again he plays near the team for that to happen.
Do they have to send him back down as soon as someone else is available?

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
The Kult

didnt the Kings call up Schenn for a game mid season last year? I believe they paid it as a 1 game tryout

The Kult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kult View Post
didnt the Kings call up Schenn for a game mid season last year? I believe they paid it as a 1 game tryout
He was called up on an emergency call up, and signed a 1 day amateur tryout contract to be able to do so. I suspect they needed a player that day and he was closer to Vancouver where they were that evening than any of the AHL players.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote