HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

to move or keep schenn

Old
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
IrMitchell*

vCash: 500
I have a hard time taking in all these "Fake" comments from other teams. If Luke Schenn was on your team you'd be in the same boat.

We will not trade him! I don't care if Bobby Ryan or whoever is coming back, Luke Schenn should be a Toronto Maple Leaf until he has the choice to say otherwise.

He's 20 ****ing years old and he's already manhandling people on the blue line, to say that he's "not good" or "doesn't fill a need" is ridiculous our team was 29th last year we'll take any young kid who has potential to be an all star, especially if he was drafted in our system at 5th overall I might add.

If Brian Burke trades Luke Schenn for anything short of Crosby and Ovechkin, I'm out Leafs fans.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
exactly. its not a under 25 forward for schenn. its for schenn plus. if a g.m. wouldn't give it for schenn straight up, he would give it for schenn plus something
Except the proposals are always Schenn+ TML trash that no one wants not even their own fans.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
We will not trade him! I don't care if Bobby Ryan or whoever is coming back, Luke Schenn should be a Toronto Maple Leaf until he has the choice to say otherwise.

If Brian Burke trades Luke Schenn for anything short of Crosby and Ovechkin, I'm out Leafs fans.
Exhibit 'A' on why Leaf fans get ridiculed on HF Boards.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
The Scouting Report

I really can't see why the Leafs wouldn't make a move like this, obviously contingent on what the "+" refers too.

Schenn will develop into a solid, stay at home, physical defenseman, but Bobby Ryan gives them some size, and another young winger who can score goals in droves. I might be in the minority, but I think the Leafs could use Ryan a lot more, especially given that they do have a bit of a glut of blue-liners who could make Schenn a bit expendable.

From the perspective of Anaheim, that would be quite the stable of young defenseman they would be building up. Fowler, Sbisa, Schenn, Gardiner, Mitera and even Mikkelson is a very strong core moving forward.

It would, however, put a lot of pressure on Burmistrov, Holland and Palmieri to develop if they move on of their top forwards on a team that doesn't have a ton of depth up front.

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:23 AM
IrMitchell*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
Way to take selected parts out of what I really said. Exhibit "A" on how Leafs fans get ridiculed on HFBoards.

Old
07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Way to take selected parts out of what I really said. Exhibit "A" on how Leafs fans get ridiculed on HFBoards.

Oh, I'm sorry, let me re-post your entire comment....

Quote:
I have a hard time taking in all these "Fake" comments from other teams. If Luke Schenn was on your team you'd be in the same boat.

He's 20 ****ing years old and he's already manhandling people on the blue line, to say that he's "not good" or "doesn't fill a need" is ridiculous our team was 29th last year we'll take any young kid who has potential to be an all star, especially if he was drafted in our system at 5th overall I might add.

Once again, Exhibit 'A' on why Leaf Fans are ridiculed on HF Boards.

Old
07-10-2010, 10:28 AM
seanlinden

There is absolutely nothing wrong with dealing Schenn; he wasn't that good for us last year. However, there is something wrong with dealing Schenn for a player who fails to suit our needs long term. If he can be packaged w/ other asset(s) for a young top line forward, he can go.

But, if the offers for him are around picks/prospects, that makes no sense.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Andrew Mack

I'm sure everyone would love it if Toronto traded Schenn. They could sleep easily knowing its business as usual in Toronto...

Seriously, isn't Schenn a prospect any team would want? He is strong as a bull, hits like a truck, is 20yo, and his shot and footspeed are improving. His strength is unbelievably impressive for a 20yo. He has a long way to go, but he's already a two-year NHLer whereas defender's with similar styles were in their overage year or AHL at his age.

He is Toronto's top prospect and trading him would just be dumb. Obviously if you could get Bobby Ryan for him you do it, but YOU CAN'T. If Toronto throws in Kadri or Kaberle, sure, done deal probably, but that would just be retarded for them to do.

Last edited by Andrew Mack: 07-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with dealing Schenn; he wasn't that good for us last year. However, there is something wrong with dealing Schenn for a player who fails to suit our needs long term. If he can be packaged w/ other asset(s) for a young top line forward, he can go.
That is a reasonable response in regards to possibly trading Schenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
But, if the offers for him are around picks/prospects, that makes no sense.
This is also a reasonable response.

Old
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
i agree, i want nothing to do with trading schenn unless its a ryan coming back
Schenn for Ryan Shannon?

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Mr Sakich

I like Schenn but every team has at least one young dman similar to him. He hasn't shown that he will be an elite shut down dman, just a solid 2nd / 3rd pairing guy. You can pick up an experienced version of his equal for under 3 mill just about every year as ufa.

He will end up being good but there is no guarantee that he ends up being special. He has trade value but he isn't a guy you build your team around. Ryan is that kind of guy.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
CrossCheck

Quote:

IT goes on and on... Luke Schenn an all star now! So he'll be a top 6 OVERALL D-man in an entire conference now?

Whatever Leafs fans...

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
The value is good (schenn for ryan etc.). But there are limits to a retool if Schenn gets a little offensive and Gunnarson can eat some more minutes without being noticed then they are the future on defence, IMO. You have to package Kaberle for a winger, Ryan if possible....but stick to your guns on Schenn because he will be key in two or three years.

blargh

Last edited by BoldNewLettuce: 07-10-2010 at 10:59 AM.
BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
weems

Quote:

So you'd stop being a Leaf fan if Burke traded Schenn for Ryan Getzlaf? Eric Staal? Zach Parise? Nik Backstrom? Drew Doughty? Steven Stamkos?

This is exactly why Leaf fans are ridiculed on this board.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvie View Post
Schenn for Ryan Shannon?

93gilmour93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
NewEraGM

Quote:
got this from mapleleafshotstove.com. interesting

Your Say: Could Schenn be the sticking point in trade talk?
Alec Brownscombe
July 4, 2010
Opinion762 commentsAs much of the league takes a post-draft/free agent frenzy breather for the Canada Day and July 4th long weekend, I figure Iíll spark some discussion with a bit of educated speculation. In talking to a source over the past week itís been suggested to me that Brian Burke has a deal or two on the table for scoring help involving a Leaf asset heís struggling with the idea of parting with. Itís said at this time Burke is hoping desperation on the part of the involved GMs reduces the price on a few top six trade options as the off-season continues.
In a separate report from a source regarding Bobby Ryanís availability in Anaheim after recent news that negotiations between the club and the restricted free agent had stalled at 5 years, $25 million, it was intimated that Bob Murray will be looking for Luke Schenn-plus out of Brian Burke in any potential deal. Prefacing this again under ďeducatedĒ speculation, one has to wonder if the desperation Burkeís expecting is for the price on Ryan to fall as Murray continues to struggle to get the Burke-drafted 23-year-old American under contract.

The quote Iím referencing from my source: ďIt is very conceivable that Burke lands two top 6 forwards in the next several weeks or sooner but he will need to part with a very important part(s) of the roster and heís not sure about that. He is hoping that in time the desperation of other teams will allow him to offer up less or they offer up more.Ē

This is why Burke is not the greatest GM. He says he is waiting on other teams to get more desperate. The thing is is that Burke will get more desperate quicker than other teams b/c Leafs came 29th and need to add pieces to the puzzle so they do not end up in the same spot. If Burke just waits and waits for other teams to get desperate, the season will roll along and he will not get what he needs. The other teams will be okay b/c they do not absolutely need to make a trade right now as oppose to the Leafs who do need to make a trade if they do not want to end up 29th again....

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:

That Malkin hit then the subsequent dummying of Tyler Kennedy still gives me chills to this day.

That said, if you don't trade Schenn + a little extra for a player like Bobby Ryan or Jeff Carter then you're not smart.

I wouldn't trade him straight for a guy like James Neal or Wayne Simmonds though, and I wouldn't even offer a sniff of him for Simon Gagne.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:22 PM
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2903 View Post
I would flip Schenn+ for Gagne. Gagne is a big power forward who can net 90 points. As much as I think Schenn can evolve into one of the best stay at home D, he's not really a franchise player, unlike Ryan.
hahahahahahahahahaha

So many things hilariously wrong with this post.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
teleman

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, let me re-post your entire comment....

Once again, Exhibit 'A' on why Leaf Fans are ridiculed on HF Boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
IT goes on and on... Luke Schenn an all star now! So he'll be a top 6 OVERALL D-man in an entire conference now?

Whatever Leafs fans...
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post

So you'd stop being a Leaf fan if Burke traded Schenn for Ryan Getzlaf? Eric Staal? Zach Parise? Nik Backstrom? Drew Doughty? Steven Stamkos?

Seems like Leaf fans are to be ridiculed and laughed at and nothing more.
If Schenn is to be traded it comes down to maximizing assets while improving the team. A trade of fair value that meets the teams needs shouldn't bother any fan. The question is "what is his value?".
Only the most delusional of Leaf fans really think Bobby Ryan for Luke Schenn straight up is a fair trade.

teleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
I would flip Schenn+ for Gagne. Gagne is a big power forward who can net 90 points. As much as I think Schenn can evolve into one of the best stay at home D, he's not really a franchise player, unlike Ryan.
Lol what?

Gagne is my favorite player ever but nothing you said was accurate. He is not a "big power forward"....at all. He has average size and his game is predicated on speed and positioning. That and his great shot. He will never hit 90 pts. He was just about a ppg player with Forsberg and he'll never be more than that. Gagne is a fantastic player that will pot you 30+ goals and 60-70 points with great defense, and play in all situations.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 02:01 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
You would trade Schenn and more for 1 year of a very good but also very injury prone player?

Whats wrong with you???

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
IrMitchell*

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post

Yeah because that was a serious response. Leaf fans are ridiculed because people like you think they have to pretend our team is better than it is. WE NEED LUKE SCHENN.

Old
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
leafsfan2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
hahahahahahahahahaha

So many things hilariously wrong with this post.
1) I actually meant Ryan, not Gagne. I just figured it out that I said Gagne not Ryan. Notice how I ended sentence with Ryan.

2) I would still flip Schenn+ for Ryan. I would not trade Kaberle for Gagne. Not even close.

leafsfan2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:21 PM
HemskyToHall*

Schenn+ for Hemsky.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Zeroknowledge*

only way Ryan goes to TO would be for Schenn and Kadri