HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La-nyi

Old
07-10-2010, 05:06 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
La-nyi

Just throwing this out there,

To

Boston:

Moller
Teubert OR Hickey
LA 2nd in 2011

To LA:

Trent Hunter
Mark Streit

This helps L.A. in getting pretty decent secondary scoring at a low cap, and gets them the Dman they need to help move the puck etc.

NYI, gives them 2 good young prospects, and a pick that they need.

I guess this might hinge on how NYI realistically views their team making the playoffs etc.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post

To

Boston:

Moller
Teubert OR Hickey
LA 2nd in 2011

To LA:

Trent Hunter
Mark Streit

This helps L.A. in getting pretty decent secondary scoring at a low cap, and gets them the Dman they need to help move the puck etc.

I guess this might hinge on how NYI realistically views their team making the playoffs etc.
I don't know what Boston has to do with this, but NY says no. Streit is too valuable for that package.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

I rather keep Streit.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Serpico4ever

Boston gives up too much... that being said, the Islanders lose one of the best defenseman in the league, and leave the team even younger which might not be a good thing, since those guys need some vets; and I wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders squeak into the playoffs this year.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Boston hangs up.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I don't know what Boston has to do with this, but NY says no. Streit is too valuable for that package.
Typo lol,

Streit is definitely valuable, I was working off the base though that Teubert or Hickey should be ready this year for the show, and that NYI would want to get younger on the backend,

Old
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Shellz

I would love to see the Kings get Streit though.

Old
07-10-2010, 05:39 PM
bones21212

a polite no thank you from long island.
streit is way to valuable to the islanders right now. ( somebody has to teach the kids.)

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Kingsfan1

lolll at the Boston typo.

Don't the Isles need to get to the cap floor ? ....I don't see them shedding away more salary for prospects.

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Boston hangs up.
What? Boston gets three good assets and only has to give up players that aren't even on their team, it's a great deal for them.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:43 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 227
I'M lost here BOSTON???

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
What? Boston gets three good assets and only has to give up players that aren't even on their team, it's a great deal for them.
I didn't say they didn't like it

They had to fax the paperwork before anyone notices.

Old
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

To

Boston:

Moller
Teubert OR Hickey
LA 2nd in 2011

To LA:

Trent Hunter
Mark Streit

The isles weren't officially eliminated from the 2009-2010 playoffs until March.It's true, they would have needed to leapfrog several teams,but the isles gm and some of their key youngsters,like Okposo, are talking about what they need to do to make the 2010-2011 playoffs.Forget whether fans think that's realistic.The important thing is that key players and the gm expect a push for a playoff spot.

The isles aren't trading their best defenseman for prospects or picks.What a message to send to the youngsters .

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36397896/ns/sports-nhl/
“It’s a point here for us and we made a lot of strides,” Tavares said. “We’re starting to find what works for us and our identity. It should be an exciting time next year for us.

“We’re an up-tempo team that has a very good young core with a lot of upside
.”

“Our team has taken strides in the right direction,” Okposo said. “We matured this year and that’s an important step in the rebuilding process we’re going through.

“We grew up a lot with the core group of guys the last couple of years. Next year we’re looking to be a playoff team.”

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The isles weren't officially eliminated from the 2009-2010 playoffs until March.It's true, they would have needed to leapfrog several teams,but the isles gm and some of their key youngsters,like Okposo, are talking about what they need to do to make the 2010-2011 playoffs.Forget whether fans think that's realistic.The important thing is that key players and the gm expect a push for a playoff spot.

The isles aren't trading their best defenseman for prospects or picks.What a message to send to the youngsters .

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36397896/ns/sports-nhl/
“It’s a point here for us and we made a lot of strides,” Tavares said. “We’re starting to find what works for us and our identity. It should be an exciting time next year for us.

“We’re an up-tempo team that has a very good young core with a lot of upside
.”

“Our team has taken strides in the right direction,” Okposo said. “We matured this year and that’s an important step in the rebuilding process we’re going through.

“We grew up a lot with the core group of guys the last couple of years. Next year we’re looking to be a playoff team.”
Nice find, there, like I said, it would hinge on what the team thought about it's chances to make the playoffs.

Old
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Typo lol,

Streit is definitely valuable, I was working off the base though that Teubert or Hickey should be ready this year for the show, and that NYI would want to get younger on the backend,
MacDonald and Hillen are 22/23 yr olds.

20 yr old Hamonic and 19 yr old De Haan are both expected to push for roster spots out of camp.

I'd love to see 23/24 yr old Gervais dumped,but he'll likely be back.

Old
07-10-2010, 06:05 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
MacDonald and Hillen are 22/23 yr olds.

20 yr old Hamonic and 19 yr old De Haan are both expected to push for a roster spots out of camp.

I'd love to see 23/24 yr old Gervais dumped,but he'll likely be back.
Don't know much about MacDonald or Hillen or even Hamonic, and De Haan, if they rush him, that could be interesting...

I realized as I was typing this that NYI probably wouldn't be able to give up Streit, but I still had to try lol

Old
07-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Don't know much about MacDonald or Hillen or even Hamonic, and De Haan, if they rush him, that could be interesting...

I realized as I was typing this that NYI probably wouldn't be able to give up Streit, but I still had to try lol
yeah but the value was terrible, people dont get how valuable Streit is to this team, I wouldnt trade Streit for Teubert and Hickey, youd need to Start with Jack Johnson, and then you might be in the ballpark

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 07-10-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
markisonfire

All things considered, the Islanders wouldn't do this, but ignoring team needs (such as leadership) I think the deal is pretty fair. I don't think the Islanders are going to make the playoffs just yet though, although I think they may surprise a lot of people (like this year's Avalanche). The Islanders will probably look more like the 08-09 Kings than the 09-10 Kings, though.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
All things considered, the Islanders wouldn't do this, but ignoring team needs (such as leadership) I think the deal is pretty fair. I don't think the Islanders are going to make the playoffs just yet though, although I think they may surprise a lot of people (like this year's Avalanche). The Islanders will probably look more like the 08-09 Kings than the 09-10 Kings, though.
The kings have way more talent on the Big Club than we do, We hope some of our kids turn out as well as Brown Kopitar and Doughty, Just as they shouldnt underestimate the value of Streit, We shouldnt underestimate The ability of their young Stars.

Old
07-10-2010, 08:43 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I'd rather keep Streit, though this is a nice package. What would you want for Hunter alone?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
tadadonk

[QUOTE=Isles_Guy;26858079]yeah but the value was terrible, people dont get how valuable Streit is to this team, I wouldnt trade Streit for Teubert and Hickey, youd need to Start with Jack Johnson, and then you might be in the ballpark[/QU

you really dont know these guys?...you will in 5 years

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Isles_Guy*

[QUOTE=tadadonk;26861030]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
yeah but the value was terrible, people dont get how valuable Streit is to this team, I wouldnt trade Streit for Teubert and Hickey, youd need to Start with Jack Johnson, and then you might be in the ballpark[/QU

you really dont know these guys?...you will in 5 years
I know them quite well actually, its you who dont know Mark Streit, He's our version of Doughty, in terms of importance to our franchise.
not saying hes as worth Doughty mind you because he's not, but in terms of relative importance, Streit means just as much to our franchise as Doughty means to yours

Old
07-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Isles can't give up that much salary.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:56 AM
dabeechman

Being that the Isles still aren't quiet ready to contend, I think it would be a much better route to trade Streit for a younger guy to help grow with their young core. By the time NYI is ready to contend he will be nearly 35.

Not going to comment on his value since I don't watch the guy though.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 08:53 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Being that the Isles still aren't quiet ready to contend, I think it would be a much better route to trade Streit for a younger guy to help grow with their young core. By the time NYI is ready to contend he will be nearly 35.

Not going to comment on his value since I don't watch the guy though.

Isles don't need another 'young guy to help grow with their young core'.
How many very young d-man can a team have on it's roster and still win games,still show progress?

Hillen -23
MacDonald-22/23
Hamonic-20
De Haan-19
Gervais-24

The oft-injured Martinek is a ufa next July.I guess the erratic 24 yr old Gervais, becomes the veteran mentor for the younger defensemen?

No thanks.We'll keep letting Streit eat a lot of minutes and mentor the kids.