HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gazette - Questions Linger about Halak Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2010, 02:07 PM
  #76
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Yeah, I am sure that none hockey initiated HF board poster would see it that way.

However, the reality is more like internally and with St-Louis fans, the expectations will indeed be very high since they traded a great prospect taken in the 1st round in Eller (13th overall) plus a 3rd (Schultz) to get Halak....they will be looking for a decent return now....

I have no clue where you take your hockey notions...Do you just wake up in the morning have dreamed that crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Anyone that has actually played the game will tell you that teammates, the fans and media will have great expectations given what they gave up to get Halak...PLUS, Halak just had 6 weeks of pure godness.....

Again, its a case of not knowing the game and the prevaling environment....yet, its hockey 101

If Montreal had traded a second round (say PK Subban) for a player, would we not all have increadible expectations on the acquired player?.....really, its childs play yet you do not seem to get it....
With this coming from a member of the monarchy of fail around here, I'll take that as a hint that I'm probably closer to the mark than not. Especially since I've already expanded on how I formed my opinion with respect to losing Eller (who became 5th on the list of highly touted young centres for St.Louis the day he was drafted... some are now used on the wing, of course) vs any one of the equally promising prospect/projects that actually played the full (or better part of the) season with them last year.

Even if expectations = pressure, it doesn't necessarily manifest negatively now, does it. I mean, that's what we're talking about right, pressure manifesting itself negatively in the performance of Halak and those around him? I mean, seriously Mr. "hockey 101" not long ago you were preaching that "anyone who has played the game" knows that teammates are "bros for life" and have each others' back through thick and thin, and now you submit that pressure from teammates' expectations having a negative effect on Halak is worth considering? Laughable... at best.


Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 07-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:08 PM
  #77
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
This article is such a collection of HFboards fail it could pass as satire. It's like all the worst posters here got together and collaborated on writing it, making sure all their idiotic personal distortions and grudges got included:

-Appeal to majority, cuz we all know "the fans" must be right. Hell if a team would only let all decisions be made by polling fans on the street they would surely win a cup every season.

-Revisiting 2009 sweep vs Bruins, if Halak had played we might've won!!! LOL. toss is cheapshot with W/L record, like it matters for goalies.

-More Gainey bashing, the Gazette editorial staff seems to have a lot of these guys for some reason. Maybe cuz they are morons.

-Appeal to the authority of Pierre MacGuire. Pierre gives good colour commentary during broadcasts but is terrible trying to analyse front office decisions, which is maybe why he can't get a job in a NHL front office (not for lack of trying). Pierre is another guy with a grudge against the Gainey regime. Both his poor strategic analytical ability & his grudge were quite evident when he went bonkers over last summer's moves.

-Pierre goes on to 2nd guess the return for Halak, while at the same time mentions he has no idea what was going on or what the market could've been. No mention that Eller is a blue chip, close to value of JVR who the Flyers wouldnt agree to trade for Halak.

-Pierre then adds another classic HFboard fail, retroactively drafting, 20/20 hindsight. Saying Habs shoulda taken Kopitar or Staal instead of Price. Staal is kind of laughable anyways, and 6 other teams passed on Kopitar, and most of their picks are disappointments while Price still has all star potential.

-More harping about big centres, even tho the only centres over 6'2 in the final four were Thorton & Carter, both guys who didn't do anying. Phlly's best centre? Briere the smurf. Big centres are not essential, a smaller centre who is well built and willing to play dirty is just as effective. Size does not matter as much as strength, balance and grit.

Basically another overall terrible article from the Gazette, people getting paidmoney (!!) to churn out crap that would get laughed off HFboards. Look forward to Jack Todd's weekly excrement tomorrow, brought to you by the Gazette, one of the worst newspapers in the country.
Excellent post, couldn't have said it better myself. I bet your post won't get a lot of attention for obvious reasons.

You forgot to add one detail though. I love how everyone is always quick to bash Pierre Mcguire on these boards until his opinion matches a posters own, then he becomes a credible analyst.


Last edited by Andy: 07-11-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:15 PM
  #78
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
With this coming from a member of the monarchy of fail around here, I'll take that as a hint that I'm probably closer to the mark than not. Especially since I've already expanded on how I formed my opinion with respect to losing Eller (who became 5th on the list of highly touted young centres for St.Louis the day he was drafted... some are now used on the wing, of course) vs any one of the equally promising prospect/projects that actually played the full (or better part of the) season with them last year.

Even if expectations = pressure, it doesn't necessarily manifest negatively now, does it. I mean, that's what we're talking about right, pressure manifesting itself negatively in the performance of Halak and those around him?
LOL,....BS in action....and you sure are full of it....was it your buddies the scout that work in the oil patch but knows all the NHL details that told you that? lmao.....you are so full of **** its so funny to read you and then point out everwhere where its obvious you have no clue...cause you never played the game...how could you understand!

Halak will have tremendous pressure and if he fails to deliver, he will feel the heat from the fans......because regardless of what you suggested before, the fans are not asleep in St Louis because they have up and coming prospects....that is a gross misinterpretation of the St Louis fans.. and to them, Eller and Schultz was a big price to pay for Halak and they expect a return on the investment...in fact, I will repost your message on their board see what they think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Excellent post, couldn't have said it better myself.

You forgot to add one detail though. I love how everyone is always quick to bash Pierre Maguire on these boards until his opinion matches a posters own, then he becomes a credible analyst.
No kidding.....


Last edited by Darz: 07-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:26 PM
  #79
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,980
vCash: 500
Another note about Pierre Mcguire.

For the last two years I've had to listen to him bash every single move Gainey/Gauthier has done, while praise every move Brian Burke has done.

Remember at the begining of last year how he claimed that Burke was a genius because he signed Beauchemin and Komisarek and traded Kubina for Exelby? Or his rant about how awesome Burke was for signing Colby Armstrong at 3 million.

I really don't get how all of sudden, Pierre Mcguire who is probably the most ridiculed(on this forum) member of the english media after Jack Todd is all of a sudden considered a non-partial and credible analyst.

The man is over-zealous, a sensationalist, biased and clearly still bitter about something.

Remember, when he bashed the Dominic Moore trade because we gave up a second rounder and should have traded for Belanger instead? He criticizes every single one of Gainey's moves without hesitation no matter what it is, but is always ready to drink the Brian Burke kool aid.


Last edited by Andy: 07-11-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
  #80
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
LOL,....BS in action....and you sure are full of it....was it your buddies the scout that work in the oil patch but knows all the NHL details that told you that? lmao.....you are so full of **** its so funny to read you and then point out everwhere where its obvious you have no clue...cause you never played the game...how could you understand!

Halak will have tremendous pressure and if he fails to deliver, he will feel the heat from the fans......because regardless of what you suggested before, the fans are not asleep in St Louis because they have up and coming prospects....that is a gross misinterpretation of the St Louis fans.. and to them, Eller and Schultz was a big price to pay for Halak and they expect a return on the investment...in fact, I will repost your message on their board see what they think!
Oh, so now it's pressure IF he fails to deliver... not pressure contributing to him failing to deliver. Well done Circles. Wouldn't have expected any less from you.

And continue the personal attacks against minor league team scouts who run hockey schools out there (the "oil patch workers") and someone who has actually played 12 years of organized hockey ending at the high school midget AAA level (me, the guy with "no clue" having "never played the game") if it makes you believe you're making headway around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Another note about Pierre Mcguire.

For the last two years I've had to listen to him bash every single move Gainey/Gauthier has done, while praise every move Brian Burke has done.

Remember at the begining of last year how he claimed that Burke was a genius because he signed Beauchemin and Komisarek and traded Kubina for Exelby? Or his rant about how awesome Burke was for signing Colby Armstrong at 3 million.

I really don't get how all of sudden, Pierre Mcguire who is probably the most ridiculed(on this forum) member of the english media after Jack Todd is all of a sudden considered a non-partial and credible analyst.

The man is over-zealous, a sensationalist, biases and clearly still bitter about something.

Remember, when he bashed the Dominic Moore trade because we gave up a second rounder and should have traded for Belanger instead? He criticizes every single one of Gainey's moves without hesitation no matter what it is, but is always ready to drink the Brian Burke kool aid.
I hear what you're saying in the first section of your post (re: Leafs' moves vs. Habs'). As for the bolded, I can't help but wonder what the perception would be around here IF Belanger was brought in instead of Moore AND if he was able to be resigned to a reasonable contract. Lots of reasonable beefs against Mcguire, but are we really chalking THAT up as one of them?


Last edited by Darz: 07-11-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
  #81
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 500
It was a simple decision for the Habs, either trade Halak or Price because you could not keep both with the need to sign Plekanec (there were no comparable replacements on the market and you did not want to make another hole with a trade for a center). Management decided that Price had more upside, was cheaper, and had the requisite size needed for success in the position.

After the decision was made to trade Halak, management had to think about what positions they needed to fill on the roster. The decision was made to look for a center because, quite frankly, we have no one coming up. Given our cap situation, the player needed to be a cheap one.

Now, you have to see which teams would be a proper fit and see what the marketplace is for goalies. They probably knew the market is an awful one because of the success of Niemi and Leighton in the playoffs and the number of cheap goalies that were available. Management may have also sent out faxes earlier in the season to see what they could get for Halak; they probably discovered they could not get much for him. So, the trade made sense for the Habs because they were able to address an organizational need without destroying their roster.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
  #82
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
It was a simple decision for the Habs, either trade Halak or Price because you could not keep both with the need to sign Plekanec (there were no comparable replacements on the market and you did not want to make another hole with a trade for a center). Management decided that Price had more upside, was cheaper, and had the requisite size needed for success in the position.

After the decision was made to trade Halak, management had to think about what positions they needed to fill on the roster. The decision was made to look for a center because, quite frankly, we have no one coming up. Given our cap situation, the player needed to be a cheap one.

Now, you have to see which teams would be a proper fit and see what the marketplace is for goalies. They probably knew the market is an awful one because of the success of Niemi and Leighton in the playoffs and the number of cheap goalies that were available. Management may have also sent out faxes earlier in the season to see what they could get for Halak; they probably discovered they could not get much for him. So, the trade made sense for the Habs because they were able to address an organizational need without destroying their roster.
The exact same can obviously be said for St.Louis, I guess, as we have no idea if they would have had to transition Eller to the wing if he was to even have a permanent spot on their roster in the upcoming season. I'll be curious to see how St.Louis rounds out the final pieces of their team with the $20 million in cap space they have left (if, indeed, they have internally budgeted to even spend that much, of course).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:38 PM
  #83
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Another note about Pierre Mcguire.

For the last two years I've had to listen to him bash every single move Gainey/Gauthier has done, while praise every move Brian Burke has done.

Remember at the begining of last year how he claimed that Burke was a genius because he signed Beauchemin and Komisarek and traded Kubina for Exelby? Or his rant about how awesome Burke was for signing Colby Armstrong at 3 million.

I really don't get how all of sudden, Pierre Mcguire who is probably the most ridiculed(on this forum) member of the english media after Jack Todd is all of a sudden considered a non-partial and credible analyst.

The man is over-zealous, a sensationalist, biases and clearly still bitter about something.

Remember, when he bashed the Dominic Moore trade because we gave up a second rounder and should have traded for Belanger instead? He criticizes every single one of Gainey's moves without hesitation no matter what it is, but is always ready to drink the Brian Burke kool aid.
Yep, how quickly the average HF poster forgets facts that don't suit their arguements !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
  #84
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I hear what you're saying in the first section of your post (re: Leafs' moves vs. Habs'). As for the bolded, I can't help but wonder what the perception would be around here IF Belanger was brought in instead of Moore AND if he was able to be resigned to a reasonable contract. Lots of reasonable beefs against Mcguire, but are we really chalking THAT up as one of them?
If you hear what I'm saying then you'd understand that was just one of the many examples of Pierre Mcguire's constant bashing of roster decisions made by our management. Pierre Mcguire's pessimistic view of Gauthier/Gainey is the focus of the post, not Dominic Moore, it was an example(among many), pretty simple.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:53 PM
  #85
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Do you realize they got a proven & young top 4 defenseman (Allen) and a proven power forward (Bertuzzi), and this is still considered like a steal from Vancouver?

For our own potential franchise goalie, we got... 2 unproven kids??? And according to a few fans on this board, this is supposed to be fair??
I see, that explains everything.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:53 PM
  #86
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
If you hear what I'm saying then you'd understand that was just one of the many examples of Pierre Mcguire's constant bashing of roster decisions made by our management. Pierre Mcguire's pessimistic view of Gauthier/Gainey is the focus of the post, not Dominic Moore, it was an example(among many), pretty simple.
What I'm saying is that usually the beef against Mcguire's analysis usually comes when discussion seems to suggest he was off base. Ultimately, was he really proven wrong in his analysis of the Moore transaction? I understand the pattern you are painting here, and agree with you as far as that goes. Just saying that we can't complain too much about some of his analyses unless we have reason to believe that he is very likely wrong, or at least off base.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
  #87
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
What I'm saying is that usually the beef against Mcguire's analysis usually comes when discussion seems to suggest he was off base. Ultimately, was he really proven wrong in his analysis of the Moore transaction? I understand the pattern you are painting here, and agree with you as far as that goes. Just saying that we can't complain too much about some of his analyses unless we have reason to believe that he is very likely wrong, or at least off base.
It's not about being proven wrong, it's about his constant negative attitude towards the organization even for movement regarding role players such as Dominic Moore. He he is always speculative and highly critical of every move, reminds me of many posters on this forum.

He complained about giving the second for Moore because he said it was a slight overpayment, though as we saw on deadline day, a second round pick was pretty much the going rate for role players such as Moore.

He overvalued the importance of our second round pick, as he probably didn't consider that Gauthier already knew one would becoming back as he(Gauthier) planned not to offer Fischer a contract.

He argued that Belanger would have been a better fit, though the difference in skill. intangibles and on ice player level between Moore and Belanger is not that great to begin with.

So once again, the Moore trade is one of the many examples of how he is always speculative of the moves Gauthier/Gainey makes and how he will never give the organization the benefit of the doubt even for small moves for role players such as Moore.

Maybe, just maybe, the front office knows what they are doing, but from listening to Pierre Mcguire discuss the moves our team makes, you would think Gauthier and Gainey have lost their minds.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
  #88
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Another note about Pierre Mcguire.

For the last two years I've had to listen to him bash every single move Gainey/Gauthier has done, while praise every move Brian Burke has done.

Remember at the begining of last year how he claimed that Burke was a genius because he signed Beauchemin and Komisarek and traded Kubina for Exelby? Or his rant about how awesome Burke was for signing Colby Armstrong at 3 million.

I really don't get how all of sudden, Pierre Mcguire who is probably the most ridiculed(on this forum) member of the english media after Jack Todd is all of a sudden considered a non-partial and credible analyst.

The man is over-zealous, a sensationalist, biased and clearly still bitter about something.

Remember, when he bashed the Dominic Moore trade because we gave up a second rounder and should have traded for Belanger instead? He criticizes every single one of Gainey's moves without hesitation no matter what it is, but is always ready to drink the Brian Burke kool aid.
Mcguire does go over the top when it comes to Burkie's moves...school girl crush like........gotta admit, Burkie has got the leafs to 29th place, without tanking....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
  #89
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
a lot of people here need to learn to multi quote. This is a mess to read

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:33 PM
  #90
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Not a big fan of Eklund's site, and I don't know alot about Steven Hindle, but I found this article there today that I think is a good sum-up of the way myself and a lot of like-minded fans feel about the recent moves.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steve...aded/139/29301


'There will always be those who say that there were bigger and better things available, but that is always the case.'

'When all this dust settles and training camp comes around, that is when the heat will be turned all the way up on these arguments. In the meantime though, I highly recommend that fans keep themselves cool by talking about what these new additions will bring to the team as opposed to what could have been.'

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
  #91
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Oh, so now it's pressure IF he fails to deliver... not pressure contributing to him failing to deliver. Well done Circles. Wouldn't have expected any less from you.

And continue the personal attacks against minor league team scouts who run hockey schools out there (the "oil patch workers") and someone who has actually played 12 years of organized hockey ending at the high school midget AAA level (me, the guy with "no clue" having "never played the game") if it makes you believe you're making headway around here.



I hear what you're saying in the first section of your post (re: Leafs' moves vs. Habs'). As for the bolded, I can't help but wonder what the perception would be around here IF Belanger was brought in instead of Moore AND if he was able to be resigned to a reasonable contract. Lots of reasonable beefs against Mcguire, but are we really chalking THAT up as one of them?
Looks like good ole Sarge has achieved a new rank - Major Failure.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
  #92
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,731
vCash: 500
The whole thing feels strange. It's like they quickly traded Halak and said "we're not doing anything else!". The trade for Ellis was sand in the eyes in my opinion, an illusion of doing something.

I wonder if what happened thus far has the influence of the new owners with them saying to Gauthier "We don't want to spend anymore. Sign one big contract(wich would be Plekanec) and that's it". We can start throwing tomatoes at Gauthier acting like a corpse if we want but we don't know what's going on behind the scene.

Either way it uncharacteristic of the Habs to just fold their arms and not try to get better.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:13 PM
  #93
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...037/story.html

"What surprised me the most about this whole thing is that (the Canadiens) didn't take their time to move Halak," McGuire said.

"If the Canadiens think that was the best deal they could have got for Jaroslav Halak, I would beg to differ, and I would argue that with them because I know of some teams that were absolutely shocked that he was traded and they didn't even get a call."


Blah blah blah...that bald idiot says the same thing after every Hab deal....Face it dude----you will never get a job here no matter what you say!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
  #94
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Oh, so now it's pressure IF he fails to deliver... not pressure contributing to him failing to deliver. Well done Circles. Wouldn't have expected any less from you.

And continue the personal attacks against minor league team scouts who run hockey schools out there (the "oil patch workers") and someone who has actually played 12 years of organized hockey ending at the high school midget AAA level (me, the guy with "no clue" having "never played the game") if it makes you believe you're making headway around here.
After saying that you never played hockey, you would now have us believed you played Midget AAA?

I played Midget AAA...what team were you playing for because around here, the Midget AAA is not a school associated team! AA can be but AAA is not. Given that you have demonstrated your tendencies for dishonnesty before, one can only believe that this one is a fib as well)

As for you having a clue, well, we proved last week that you did not understand a single thing beyond reading the stats (which makes your new declaration about having experience even more unbelievable - notwithstanding the fact that you said the opposite before). Given the amount of time we have found you to be dishonest and lying on these boards, I suspect this to be another “twist” in your "forked tongue".

As for the pressure Halak is under, you’re the one that twisted it around (again, since you have no honour nor honesty, it is far from a surprised). As I said, Halak is under pressure and your statement that his teammates and the fans in St-Louis will not bear pressure on him is far from reality and the statement of one who does not understand hockey from the inside. The St-Louis players were satisfied by the play of Mason (as many have stated publically). Bringing in a new goalie will force that goalie to “make his place” in that team (again, if you had played competitive hockey, you would know that – it’s a reality at any level). As for the fan, given the price that was paid to get Halak (from their viewpoint), they will expect a return on their investment....and again, even if you tried to belittled the St. Louis fan, they know hockey far more than some who claims to know hockey but make all the wrong assumptions when it comes to team/personalities dynamics on a team.

As someone eloquently told you last week, you are full of words but empty of any real meaning.


Last edited by Sargent Pepper*: 07-11-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:32 PM
  #95
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
After saying that you never played hockey, you would now have us believed you played Midget AAA?

I played Midget AAA...what team were you playing for because around here, the Midget AAA is not a school associated team! AA can be but AAA is not. Given that you have demonstrated your tendencies for dishonnesty before, once can only believe that this one is a fib as well)

As for you having a clue, well, we proved last week that you did not understand a single thing beyond reading the stats (which makes your new declaration about having experience even more unbelievable - notwithstanding the fact that you said the opposite before). Given the amount of time we have found you to be dishonest and lying on these boards, I suspect this to be another “twist” in your "forked tongue".

As for the pressure Halak is under, you’re the one that twisted it around (again, since you have no honour nor honesty, it is far from a surprised). As I said, Halak is under pressure and your statement that his teammates and the fans in St-Louis will not bear pressure on him is far from reality and the statement of one who does not understand hockey from the inside. The St-Louis players were satisfied by the play of Mason (as many have stated publically). Bringing in a new goalie will force that goalie to “make his place” in that team (again, if you had played competitive hockey, you would know that – it’s a reality at any level). As for the fan, given the price that was paid to get Halak (from their viewpoint), they will expect a return on their investment....and again, even if you tried to belittled the St. Louis fan, they know hockey far more than some who claims to know hockey but make all the wrong assumptions when it comes to team/personalities dynamics on a team.

As someone eloquently told you last week, you are full of words but empty of any real meaning.
I vaguely remember him saying he played goalie or was a goalie coach. That was his reason for justifying the criticisms he heaped on Price. Might be him but my memory is far from perfect.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:33 PM
  #96
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Not a big fan of Eklund's site, and I don't know alot about Steven Hindle, but I found this article there today that I think is a good sum-up of the way myself and a lot of like-minded fans feel about the recent moves.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steve...aded/139/29301


'There will always be those who say that there were bigger and better things available, but that is always the case.'

'When all this dust settles and training camp comes around, that is when the heat will be turned all the way up on these arguments. In the meantime though, I highly recommend that fans keep themselves cool by talking about what these new additions will bring to the team as opposed to what could have been.'
Yup, that is good advise. Everyting else is pure speculations as none of us were in the room where discussions took place. We have no clue who was aware, who made offers, or anything else that transpired for that matter.....

Personally, I am very happy with Eller and Schultz....we needed exactly that sort of players.....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
  #97
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,510
vCash: 137
The who trade?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
  #98
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I vaguely remember him saying he played goalie or was a goalie coach. That was his reason for justifying the criticisms he heaped on Price. Might be him but my memory is far from perfect.
Actually, it was me that stated that I was goalie (played until Junior and listed on HockeyDB) and was also a coach for many years in AAA (Bantam) levels and a few years in Midget AA.

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
  #99
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Actually, it was me that stated that I was goalie (played until Junior and listed on HockeyDB) and was also a coach for many years in AAA (Bantam) levels and a few years in Midget AA.
I didn't know that but I definitely has not referencing you because I have never seen you post until now since I have been away from these boards. So there was no way I read anything from you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The who trade?
Apparently, the Roy .... I mean halak trade.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:41 PM
  #100
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I didn't know that but I definitely has not referencing you because I have never seen you post until now since I have been away from these boards. So there was no way I read anything from you.
Fair enough!

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.