HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp - July 6-11th - Roster Announced

Old
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Congrats to Austin and his family. Boy or girl?

I was somewhat annoyed that there was no sheet with the players listed with their numbers.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:00 PM
sighthndlady

Could it be that Blum was at camp because they were noticeably short on D-men and they needed another blueliner to make the numbers come out right? I didn't think he stood out, but he didn't strike me as ostentatiously bored, either.

Rask is a little bundle of energy. Always moving, always smiling, chatting with a different guy every time he's in the line. He just looked endlessly pleased to be there. As a few others have noted, he was a very pleasant surprise, and I hope he has a really good year this year back in Finland so that he'll have a shot at a North American spot soon.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:05 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not keeping him in Nashville. He can't play in Milwaukee because he's 3 days too young so he either has to go back to the OHL or play in Nashville.
Watson will have the same problem next year, won't he? He's a January birthday, so will just miss the cutoff and most likely end up playing both 2010/11 and 2011/12 in Peterborough.

I feel kind of bad for Ellis. I can't imagine that we'll keep him in Nashville, so he'll end up back in Windsor before Thanksgiving. At least he'll have a new coach this year, with Boughner gone to an NHL assistant position.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Watson will have the same problem next year, won't he? He's a January birthday, so will just miss the cutoff and most likely end up playing both 2010/11 and 2011/12 in Peterborough.

I feel kind of bad for Ellis. I can't imagine that we'll keep him in Nashville, so he'll end up back in Windsor before Thanksgiving. At least he'll have a new coach this year, with Boughner gone to an NHL assistant position.
Yes, Watson has two years left of junior because he has a January birthday and only three years of CHL experience under his belt.

Bourque is the only player from last year's draft class eligible for the AHL this season. Everyone else falls under the same provision.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Congrats to Austin and his family. Boy or girl?

I was somewhat annoyed that there was no sheet with the players listed with their numbers.
I don't know. I believe Austin knew the gender, but didn't want to reveal it due to his younger siblings not being told. Guess we'll see something pop up in the next couple days.

As for the lack of rosters, I think the Preds failed big time this week. Not only were there no numbers posted with the roster available at NP.com, but they failed to have any handouts at the rink or even as much as a pocket schedule at the event all week!

In terms of the on-ice camp, that was the best run camp I've seen in 20+ years of watching hockey. They hit on a wide array of individual and team skills, had power skating instruction every day, and worked position specific skills daily as well all crammed into two hours of ice per day. I really thought Coach Blais did an excellent job throughout the week and Marty Gelinas really established himself as a fantastic coach and a world class athlete even in retirement. Lambert and Herbers did a great job again as well and I feel they make an excellent duo down in Milwaukee developing our players for NHL duty.

A great week! The future is very bright for this organization!

Old
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
hockey diva

Hiring Martin Gelinas as director of player development is one management decision I have never questioned. He was a total professional when he played for us. I spoke to him for a few minutes at the SOTU event and he was nothing but gracious. And he looks like he could still play.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Austin Watson was missing from camp today and word comes via Twitter this afternoon that Austin's mother gave birth today to her 10th child!!!

Word also comes that Blake Geoffrion will be on NewsChannel 5's Sunday sports show tonight and Jon Blum will appear likewise on WKRN's Sunday night sports show...
Oh, now that's an awesome coincidence. I picked up a new nephew today too.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
kivaerijo

someone needs to get the watson's a tv show, or a serious supply of condoms. 10 kids!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:03 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

you could have gotten a roster sheet form the medis area. no numbers though

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Probert#24

Anything to report about Elsner ? I know him as a pretty gritty and hard hitting player, so I expected him to somewhat stand out in that category.

Regards,

Mike

Probert#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 09:35 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
someone needs to get the watson's a tv show, or a serious supply of condoms. 10 kids!

Just a good Catholic Family!!!

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Austin Watson was missing from camp today and word comes via Twitter this afternoon that Austin's mother gave birth today to her 10th child!!!
My God, can't we pass the word along to her that Nashville is already stocked for prospects? Seriously!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Was anyone at all successful in putting numbers with players? It seriously took some of the enjoyment out of the experience with not knowing who was impressing me or who looked shaky.

I liked what I saw from

78 (probably the best forward of the day, IMO)

Who they were, I have no idea, but they all looked good.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Was anyone at all successful in putting numbers with players? It seriously took some of the enjoyment out of the experience with not knowing who was impressing me or who looked shaky.

I liked what I saw from

78 (probably the best forward of the day, IMO)

Who they were, I have no idea, but they all looked good.
The only number I'm missing is Rask (who was in the 80's). Driving back to NC this afternoon. Will have a more extensive write up hopefully on Tuesday.

78 was Patrick Cehlin, 63 was Taylor Stefishen, 65 was Ryan Thang, I don't remember off hand a 48, but 58 was the little shifty Linus Klassen that was playing with Cehlin and Latta (55), and lastly, Ian McKenzie was wearing #40...

Old
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Tapp

BarryTrotzsneck - edit, edit, edit as I see SLake already answered your question better than I could. What is left after delete, delete, delete . . .

I was there Saturday and Sunday and I tried to focus on Cehlin, Klasen and Ekholm - since they all played on the gray team Sunday that made it easier. I don’t know how y’all are able to follow so many players at once. I have to focus on watching just a couple, or they all run together.

SLake and some of the others have given Cehlin props since the start of camp. I have to say I was quite impressed with him, too. The first thing that caught my eye (I almost hate saying that as I am not, like some on here, someone who can evaluate hockey players particular skills) was his speed with the puck and his control with the puck. And what was easy to see was that he scored some nice goals on both Saturday and Sunday. He could have had a couple of more on Sunday. Several times, he put himself in position for great chances off of nice crossing passes from Klasen – that the goalie(s) made good saves on.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Slake, can you post the full roster, or what you have of it?

So 78 was Cehlin, eh? I'm kind of amped on him as a prospect after what I saw this weekend. Had an impressive skillset, and was laying some nice hits as well.

Who was number 60? dude was HUGE.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Slake, can you post the full roster, or what you have of it?

So 78 was Cehlin, eh? I'm kind of amped on him as a prospect after what I saw this weekend. Had an impressive skillset, and was laying some nice hits as well.

Who was number 60? dude was HUGE.
Leaving in an hour, but will try to post something. 70 was Matthias Ekholm. Ekholm was playing with Roussel (54) and Geoffrion (5) yesterday.

Old
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
goalscorer

I really hope np.com puts some better videos up. The skate of the union video was like a quick highlight, which didn't do anything for me and the prospects video was okay, but I wanna see our boys in action. Seems like last years SOTU video had the Q and A with Sully, Dumont, Poile, Execs, etc. Kinda thinking it's not up for editing? But come on, that was last Thursday.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Seth Lake

Defensemen:
Blum - 7
Ellis - 49
Olivier-Roussel - 54
Josi - 59
Ekholm - 70
Foss - 82

Forwards:
Geoffrion - 5
Wilson - 33
McKenzie - 40
Santorelli - 41
Flynn - 45
Latta - 55
Beck - 56
Bourque - 57
Klasen - 58
Lajunen - 60 (only worked with Wilson and Korn in goalie drills)
Stefishen - 63
Thang - 65
Ryan - 67
Watson - 72
Elsner - 73
Budish - 76
Cehlin - 78
Oliver - 79
Reid - 80
Smith - 81
Rask - 61

Goalies:
Smith - 1
Engren - 34
Pickard - 37
Lindback - 64

Last edited by Seth Lake: 07-12-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Thanks SirRyan!
Old
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Seth Lake

FWIW, I had been totally befuddled how Rask faded into the background yesterday after standing out the rest of the week...then I just got a text back from a friend telling me that Rask did not skate yesterday. I believe he was No. 83 or 84 this week. IMO a steal in the 7th round!

Old
07-12-2010, 12:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
FWIW, I had been totally befuddled how Rask faded into the background yesterday after standing out the rest of the week...then I just got a text back from a friend telling me that Rask did not skate yesterday. I believe he was No. 83 or 84 this week. IMO a steal in the 7th round!
Worst's maxim for Poile's 7th round: When it doubt, take a flyer on a European.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
I really hope np.com puts some better videos up. The skate of the union video was like a quick highlight, which didn't do anything for me and the prospects video was okay, but I wanna see our boys in action. Seems like last years SOTU video had the Q and A with Sully, Dumont, Poile, Execs, etc. Kinda thinking it's not up for editing? But come on, that was last Thursday.
If you go to the PredsOnTheGlass blog, I believe Buddy has the entire SOFU video posted up in segments on YouTube. I want to watch the opening remarks this week because I didn't walk in till Poile was mid-way through his address...

Old
07-12-2010, 12:35 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

rask wore 61

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
rask wore 61
Thanks!

Old
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
glenngineer

I thought Cehlin was 73 and Elsner was 78. Doesn't Cehlin wear the tinted shield like Erat does? If so, Cehlin was on the white team and Elsner was on the gray team. So hard to remember at the end of the day who all was wearing what.

After doing some checking, Cehlin was 73 and Elsner was 78. Cehlin is a right handed shot and Elsner is a lefty. Hope that helps some.

Last edited by glenngineer: 07-12-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Verification
glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote