HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Demitra Wants Rangers (Report: Headed to KHL)

Old
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
KaraLupin
카라

vCash: 500
LOL this rumor is obviously made out of thin air because of the fact that Gaborik and Demitra are like best friends.

But with the latter being said, it's probably true. Demitra would take a pay cut too, just to play with his friend again before his career ends.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

1 year deal, get rid of christ. seems like a no brainer

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Go figure Gaborik's boy has only completed a full NHL season 2 times out of 13........I say just give one of our kids a shot we are not a Pavol Demitra away from a cup run anyway.

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
darko

No thanks. It's not like Demitra puts us in contention. I would much rather see what MZA has, he needs a shot.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
This would be an awful, awful move. Not saying Demitra doesn't have anything left in the tank and not taking away from the obvious offense he would provide - it would just be pointless to slot him into our top six just because we don't have any obvious player(s) to fill into that slot.

Guess what, folks -- we have to develop these players, and the only way to develop them is by giving them ice time. Ice time that simply wouldn't exist if we signed Pavol freaking Demitra.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
h0ckeyman

This has Rangers signing and epic fail written all over it.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
satrabyk

Hey if we didnt sign Prospal who i still think will be a mistake, than i woud consider it but we did and now by adding Demitra once again we have too many soft aging vets who are ghosts in many games they play.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:13 PM
CaptainCallahan*

He can want to play for the Rangers all he wants. I do too.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
NYR Viper

I would take him on a very cheap one year-deal so as to have another piece to move at the deadline when they are out of contention:

Prospal
Demitra
Christensen
Rozsival
Gilroy

Let a younger player play the first 50 games in the AHL and then make some moves to make room and acquire some extra picks in next years draft.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
DekeR

Its another farewell tour - promoted by MSG and brought to you by none other than Sam Rosen. They never want to play here during their prime years but they can't wait to get here for that tour.
Play the kids.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Block More Shots

I'd take him on a 1 year deal between 1-1.5...yeah, maybe he's a bit injury prone, but a low cap hit for a player like him is good. If you can get away with paying him less than 2 mil to play with Gabby who he plays extremely well with, you go for it.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrieresSalary View Post
LOL this rumor is obviously made out of thin air because of the fact that Gaborik and Demitra are like best friends.

But with the latter being said, it's probably true. Demitra would take a pay cut too, just to play with his friend again before his career ends.
cant the rangers get a power forward instead of another finesse soft winger

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:48 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

1 year $1.1M or invite him to camp. make him earn that spot away from Stepan. I'd hate for Demitra getting a roster spot 'by default'

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
I'd take him on a 1 year deal between 1-1.5...yeah, maybe he's a bit injury prone, but a low cap hit for a player like him is good. If you can get away with paying him less than 2 mil to play with Gabby who he plays extremely well with, you go for it.
Where the hell did you get that from?

They were absolutely nothing but average together in Minnesota and they didn't even play together in the olympics this year. He would not be any better than Prospal, Christensen, and Dubi have been with him already. I swear some of the ideas people have are so baseless.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I'd also rather pay Guerin if we're looking for a 1 year vet forward, which I don't think we even are.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
actually, Demitra would not be the worst thing.

we arent competing anyway. sign him up, and then when we sell, sell, sell at the deadline, our kids will have had more seasoning before they take his spot, and he could net us a 2nd or 3rd rounder (if hes having a good year)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I would take him on a very cheap one year-deal so as to have another piece to move at the deadline when they are out of contention:

Prospal
Demitra
Christensen
Rozsival
Gilroy

Let a younger player play the first 50 games in the AHL and then make some moves to make room and acquire some extra picks in next years draft.
way to steal my thunder after the fact! ;-)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
This has Rangers signing and epic fail written all over it.
Do you, or anyone in the world, really think we can contend next year?

Okey, no, so then next year is about building a team. How can signing a veteran forward to this team hurt that? Who will help the kids we have to get on the board? Who will help MZA, Callahan, Anisimov and co?

Unless we want our kids to spend 90% of next year chasing the puck all over the ice all the time we need someone who have a tad of experience at setting up a attack.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:56 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

People always forget that this is a business to make profit....lolz

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
actually, Demitra would not be the worst thing.

we arent competing anyway. sign him up, and then when we sell, sell, sell at the deadline, our kids will have had more seasoning before they take his spot, and he could net us a 2nd or 3rd rounder (if hes having a good year)
Except they won't sell at the deadline. They would be like 8 points out at the deadline and Sather would do something stupid like trade for Jokinen again so they could try and "make it".

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:50 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Except they won't sell at the deadline. They would be like 8 points out at the deadline and Sather would do something stupid like trade for Jokinen again so they could try and "make it".
Exactly. I'd be all over this collecting assets to then sell them idea... if they ever sold assets. Since they don't, stay away.

This is the same reason I'm annoyed that they re-signed Prospal. If I could actually trust Slats to deal him when we start teetering at the edge of playoff contention (and before he runs out of gas at the end of the year), I'd be a lot more comfortable with that signing. Since I can't, all Vinny's presence says to me is "great, one more year of trying to get that eighth seed, finishing with a pick around 10-15 and continuted mediocrity..."

They should have signed Biron, Christensen and the RFAs. If they could've gotten Boogy on a REASONABLE deal, great - otherwise, let EDM have him and promote Soryal to serve as the resident end of the bench, "play" four minutes a game punching bag. Then, personally I think they should've gone after Kovy, but if they weren't going to do that, they should've left it alone there and let the kids sink or swim. Now that we've overpaid for Boogy, unnecessarily signed Prospal and are apparently going to pass on Kovy (in part because of the previous 2 moves), don't compound the problem by signing yet ANOTHER declining veteran.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
I wouldn't mind him. He's got game still. And for all of those saying he would be blocking a kid, he wouldn't be. He would be injured 3/4 of the season.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Do you, or anyone in the world, really think we can contend next year?

Okey, no, so then next year is about building a team. How can signing a veteran forward to this team hurt that? Who will help the kids we have to get on the board? Who will help MZA, Callahan, Anisimov and co?

Unless we want our kids to spend 90% of next year chasing the puck all over the ice all the time we need someone who have a tad of experience at setting up a attack.
We're gonna go from "we're still in it " to "we're still sucking" by X-mas.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:12 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i find it funny that people would not sign this guy. please look at our roster. we stink.

we are relying on a import 5'7" nhl newbie as our new top 6 impact forward and perhaps a couple guys who have never even played 1 minute of nhl hockey to step in an help. they might, but thats asking alot.

our top 6, right now, is perhaps the worst in the conference.

pavol demitra wont cost alot, he wont be for more than 1 year and he gives us at least a chance to compete. whats the difference between him and prospal ? we all love vinny and his affordable deal. why not pavol with something similar ?

as to him "blocking" someone.... well, ryan callahan should be on the 3rd line. capt quaalude should not be playing top 9 even strength minutes. seems like, unless grachev or stepan make the team, we still need a bonafide top 9 guy. demitra is still that kinda of player.

ec
demitra
arty

looks ok to me up the middle.

i wouldnt agree to it either if it was for more than 1 year or more than 1.5 mil. but it wont be. we need to compete. if we dont make an attempt, what kind of message are we sending to the fans and to hank and gaby for that matter ?

sign pavol.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:23 AM
AJRanger

I'd take him on a cheap 1-year deal. No to anything else though.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If you think you need Demitra in October, just sign him then. Trust me, he'll still be available.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote