HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Boom and Bust 2010-2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
  #1
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,245
vCash: 500
Boom and Bust 2010-2011

Saw this in the Blue Jackets sectrion () and thought it'd be interesting to apply to the Predators.

Name one player who you think will exceed expectations next season and one who will dissapoint.

Boom- Sergei Kostitsyn
Call me crazy, but I've got a great feeling about this guy. I have a hunch that Poile signed a top six winger to a deal at almost league minimum, not to mention more incentive for Rads to come back. I'm excited to see SK and Lombardi on a line next year

Bust- Blum (if/whenhe gets called up)
I think Blum will be a solid player, but not as great as we all expect. IMO, Josi is going to be better, and Franson is miles ahead of Blum. Really hoping he proves me wrong on this one

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:05 PM
  #2
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Saw this in the Blue Jackets sectrion () and thought it'd be interesting to apply to the Predators.

Name one player who you think will exceed expectations next season and one who will dissapoint.

Boom- Sergei Kostitsyn
Call me crazy, but I've got a great feeling about this guy. I have a hunch that Poile signed a top six winger to a deal at almost league minimum, not to mention more incentive for Rads to come back. I'm excited to see SK and Lombardi on a line next year

Bust- Blum (if/whenhe gets called up)
I think Blum will be a solid player, but not as great as we all expect. IMO, Josi is going to be better, and Franson is miles ahead of Blum. Really hoping he proves me wrong on this one
I see this for both but I can't consider Blum a Bust because I don't expect him to be a starter for Nashville.

Boom: SK Bust: Andersson

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
  #3
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Absolutely nothing wrong with copying from DSL. He's kind of our franchise poster.


Surprise: Wilson. I still think this kid's going to take off and shock people.

Disappoint: Hornqvist. I think too many folks are expecting he'll put up similar or better numbers, and I think he's going to dip a little, which will likely cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
  #4
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 1088
Boom - Matthew Lombardi

As much as some people like to think its not true, Trotz brings out the best in players offensively. Lombardi is a Trotz player and I think he will do like Dumont and come in and blow away his career numbers.

Bust - Joel Ward/Marcel Goc

With the influx of fowards this year, I see these two having a decrease in ice time which obvious would impact their offensive numbers. I would be surprised to see Ward breaking 30 points and Goc breaking 25.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
  #5
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Boom- Colin Wilson

The move to put him back at center and a complete season he will flourish it's not out of the range for him to score 20-25 goals

Bust- David Legwand

This is Legwand's year to get injured and be out for some time he's due. Which only will add to his legacy

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
  #6
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Boom- Colin Wilson
This is Legwand's year to get injured and be out for some time he's due. Which only will add to his legacy
Out of all the times Legwand has been hurt for any prolonged stretch I can't remember once it doing anything but hurting the team.


Boom: Pekka Rinne. I think with a much larger work load Rinne is going to be able to gain and keep confidence. He's looked as if he thrives as a workhorse, so I fully expect this season to be his best. (Close second: Shea Weber)

Bust: I have to agree with Viqsi on this one. I don't see Hornqvist repeating his season. With the way he plays I feel like he'll be hurt at least once, possibly more. I hope I'm wrong.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
  #7
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Out of all the times Legwand has been hurt for any prolonged stretch I can't remember once it doing anything but hurting the team.


Boom: Pekka Rinne. I think with a much larger work load Rinne is going to be able to gain and keep confidence. He's looked as if he thrives as a workhorse, so I fully expect this season to be his best. (Close second: Shea Weber)

Bust: I have to agree with Viqsi on this one. I don't see Hornqvist repeating his season. With the way he plays I feel like he'll be hurt at least once, possibly more. I hope I'm wrong.
Im not so sure about Rinne. I hope he stays at the level he played at toward the end of last year, but we all know the starting goalie curse here. That said, he will stay our starter. Mark Dekanich/who ever else we throw in as backup won't be half as good as Rinne, but I think Rinne has a slighly worse year. God I hope Im wrong. Hes our cornerstone.....

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
  #8
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Im not so sure about Rinne. I hope he stays at the level he played at toward the end of last year, but we all know the starting goalie curse here. That said, he will stay our starter. Mark Dekanich/who ever else we throw in as backup won't be half as good as Rinne, but I think Rinne has a slighly worse year. God I hope Im wrong. Hes our cornerstone.....
Well, I picked Rinne because he did have an off year last year. A lot of people, myself included, feel that the goalie rotation hurt him significantly. If he can maintain his performance from the time he gained the starter role last year until we were eliminated from the play offs he will automatically have a better year. Even if he has a two or three game slide. This is his team now, and I expect him to take the reigns fully prepared.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
  #9
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,966
vCash: 500
Boom-Martin Erat
I have a feeling with all the playmakers on the team Erat will start shooting the puck more. He would be considered a Sniper if he feels like shooting more. Someone is going to have to start shooting more and I think it will be him.

Bust-Steve Sullivan

Dont get me wrong I love the guy. One of my favorite Preds ever. I dont see much in the tank for him and with all the young guys and new players I think he will be a 2nd or 3rd liner. I hope he proves me wrong.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
  #10
Fan of The Game
Registered User
 
Fan of The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
Boom: SK, how can you be a bust at 500k?

Bust: Hornqvist, hard to beat what he did last year.

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
  #11
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Boom: Ryan Suter (he's gonna prove that he should of got the C)

Bust: JP Dumont (spiraling on down)

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
  #12
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 50
Boom: Weber (we forget last year was actually a little bit of an off year) Even with lofty expectations I think the C and the new deal energize him and he gets his first of many Norris nominations
Bust: Ward (I think he was a flash in the pan)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
  #13
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Boom : Franson

Bust: Andersson

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 07:26 AM
  #14
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
Boom: David Legwand. I know risky! This will be the year legwand breaks 50 points

Bust: O'Reilly.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.