HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hawks match offer sheet for HJALMARSSON

Old
07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Trembz420

vCash: 500
Hawks match offer sheet for HJALMARSSON

Guess they really didnt wanna let this guy go huh?, check it out ---> http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=327374

Trembz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Pascal

It must be weird going back to his team and everyone knowing he signed to play elsewhere just for the money. after winning the cup with them.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It must be weird going back to his team and everyone knowing he signed to play elsewhere just for the money. after winning the cup with them.
Hum, no. Just about anyone in his situation would've done the same.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
I don't think he really had the choice ?

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Not really...these guys all know a freak accident on the ice could end their careers in an instant. I don't think anyone would hold a grudge against a teammate for signing a contract he was offered.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM
GordonGraham

Even with all those changes The hawks still have to move some players, Who's next?

They have 113 000$ left with 15 players signed

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
pavlako11

Quote:
He was at the right place at the right time. He won a cup, and now wants to get paid.

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Interesting...I wish there was more of those offer sheets, they make everything so uncertain!

Will it happen to Price???

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
AH

Quote:
It must be weird to go back to Chicago to see half the team traded because of mis management leading up to the Cup winning year. All that hard work over the years and its' taken away because Mcdonough saw it necessary to sign Campbell and Huet to ridiculous contracts.

Business is business.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:29 PM
habs_24x

theres no doubt Huet and Campbell will be buried in the minors if they cant find trading partners. that should save them a good chunk of change.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
It must be weird to go back to Chicago to see half the team traded because of mis management leading up to the Cup winning year. All that hard work over the years and its' taken away because Mcdonough saw it necessary to sign Campbell and Huet to ridiculous contracts.

Business is business.
Well if you call winning a Cup mis-management thats your choice. I wish the habs could only be this mis-managed.

Nope, i think we should settle for no Cup and don't have talent like Kane, Toews, and Keith locked up long term.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
theres no doubt Huet and Campbell will be buried in the minors if they cant find trading partners. that should save them a good chunk of change.
Those contracts are so bad, they are dismantling the whole team because of them.. It kills me every time I hear a journalist talk about how the salary cap killed a beautiful team like the Hawks... They are victim of their own choices on the free agent market! How is that the salary cap's fault?

I wonder if they tried to move Campbell yet, we assume so, but I don't remember reading something about them officially shopping him..

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post

Business is business.
Campbell signing was 100% tallon ,,, He threw the NTC aspect as cherry on top to get Campbell

Huet signing is the debated signing ,,,, Campbell is all Tallon

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Huet it sounds like is going to Europe and Campbell will not be buried ,,,,,, Until maybe the final year or 2 of his deal

Old
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Well if you call winning a Cup mis-management thats your choice. I wish the habs could only be this mis-managed.

Nope, i think we should settle for no Cup and don't have talent like Kane, Toews, and Keith locked up long term.
You take it as you wish. The Hawks have done their share of f-ing around with players. Do we forget Khabibulin just two years ago. Here, you go to Russia after we put you on waivers? No one wants you, OK we take you back. OK, we make you starting goalie.

For their self serving needs, they have done what it takes to make it work. Now, a guy like Hjalmarsson takes the best offer on the table and his teammates are supposed to resent him for it? Those teammates just lost three very important pieces of the puzzle to their championship team. Do you think they resent this guy for getting the best deal out there? Good for him.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Done

What do you think the odds were going into the draft that the Hawks would've been able to trade him for the Sharks's (or any team's) first and third round draft picks even IF he was under contract for the coming 4 years. I'd say not very likely. So, now, all of a sudden, Chicago thinks he's worth $3.5 MM per year Plus the cost of buying out other players!? I think that's crazy. He's a good young defenceman but he's not worth that much of a cap hit, in my opinion, both in terms of his cost plus the costs to the organization of either buying out other contracts or burying them in the minors.

Simply put, I think the Blackhawks are just trying to save face in light of a near total dismantling of their championship team. To me, this is similar (of course, not without a Cup) as Buffalo deciding to match Edmonton's offer sheet to Vanek a couple years ago not too long after losing Briere and Drury to free agency. Would anyone even dream of giving up a first and third pick for Vanek now plus the money? I don't think so. Bowman is just looking like another little man with an ego too big for his brain to do what's right.

So, folks, the multi-million dollar question of the Habs (and us) is: forget about the money for a second - is Carey Price worth losing in exchange for a first and third round pick?

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Huet it sounds like is going to Europe and Campbell will not be buried ,,,,,, Until maybe the final year or 2 of his deal
If they bury Campbell with 6 years left on his contract, nobody in the NHL is going to respect Chicago. Who will want to sign with them knowing that they might get the shaft a year or two later?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Cool story, bro.

Bring back out of town thread, plz,

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:38 PM
ruski17

Heard Sharp may be on the move, maybe we could try and make a trade for him involving a few young guys or even a trade involving Sharp and Pouliot with some other players going each way to make it fair??? What does everybody think? Good idea? Bad idea?

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
le_sean

Quote:
I highly doubt any owner, regardless of how wealthy he/she is, would just bury two players making a combined $12+ million a year in the minors. That's a lot of money being wasted away.

I doubt Campbell can be traded, I think they will wait for the buy-out exemption if it ever comes. Chances are Huet will be sent to the minors with the intention of getting him a contract in Europe.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Habitants

suks for them, for sure they have several more moves to come!

just wait till tommorow, offer sheet for Niemi! LMAO!! so screwed!!!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
What do you think the odds were going into the draft that the Hawks would've been able to trade him for the Sharks's (or any team's) first and third round draft picks even IF he was under contract for the coming 4 years. I'd say not very likely. So, now, all of a sudden, Chicago thinks he's worth $3.5 MM per year Plus the cost of buying out other players!? I think that's crazy. He's a good young defenceman but he's not worth that much of a cap hit, in my opinion, both in terms of his cost plus the costs to the organization of either buying out other contracts or burying them in the minors.

Simply put, I think the Blackhawks are just trying to save face in light of a near total dismantling of their championship team. To me, this is similar (of course, not without a Cup) as Buffalo deciding to match Edmonton's offer sheet to Vanek a couple years ago not too long after losing Briere and Drury to free agency. Would anyone even dream of giving up a first and third pick for Vanek now plus the money? I don't think so. Bowman is just looking like another little man with an ego too big for his brain to do what's right.

So, folks, the multi-million dollar question of the Habs (and us) is: forget about the money for a second - is Carey Price worth losing in exchange for a first and third round pick?
Price is a core player in Montreal, not s support player like Hjalmarsson is in Chicago.

If I was Chicago I'd let him walk for a 1st and 3rd and would have signed a guy like Shaone Morrison for less money than that. Even guys like Jones and McKee would be cheaper plus you get the picks.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Price is a core player in Montreal, not s support player like Hjalmarsson is in Chicago.

If I was Chicago I'd let him walk for a 1st and 3rd and would have signed a guy like Shaone Morrison for less money than that. Even guys like Jones and McKee would be cheaper plus you get the picks.
Hammer is a 23 yr old defensive dman ,,,,,, He is very much a core player

Maybe Price should prove something before he is called a core player while Hammer is diminished

Old
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
E = CH²

Color me surprised. I thought they were going to let him go everything considered.

But letting him go would probably have been a tough sell considering all the guys they lost before this.

Kopecky and Reasoner have to be traded and replaced by 0.5M types. Huet has to be buried.

That gives them like 6.5M for 2 goalies, 2-3D, 5-6 forwards. Gonna be tight.

Last edited by E = CH²: 07-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Sounds like Sharp is going to be available. Does Montreal have what it takes to land him?

How about a 1st and a guy like Carle, Weber or Maxwell something along those lines.

Sharp fits in nicely, of course they would have to move AK and or Pouliot to make Room for him though.

Sharp can play wing or C - He's 6'1 200lbs and uses the body.
He would fit in nicely with either one of the top two lines.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote