07-11-2010, 04:45 PM
dafranchz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
there was more than 1 game
unless your thinking of Palmieri on wed
im not sure myself
If you look at erinut's o.g. post, he was referring to last night's game and Nic's performance. Deschamps was by far one of the best players out there.

dafranchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
He's bigger than Niedermayer now.
so he's as strong on his skates Scotty too?
allright so he's making the team no problem then.
We have nothing to worry about, I've heard from more than a few people he skates like Scott, makes passess like Scott, and bigger than Scott.
Sounds like he's our number 2 so why all the worry to sign someone else?

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
He's bigger than Niedermayer now.
6'2 190 vs. 6' 200. He's taller but he's not bigger than Scotty for now.

I think he'll go back to junior for next season. Put up some meat on the bones and then NHL a year from now.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Quote:
so he's as strong on his skates Scotty too?
allright so he's making the team no problem then.
We have nothing to worry about, I've heard from more than a few people he skates like Scott, makes passess like Scott, and bigger than Scott.
Sounds like he's our number 2 so why all the worry to sign someone else?
You were the one that said he was big comapared to 18 year olds. Was just showing he is as big as at least one of your d-men last year, and in fact, he's bigger than Wiz and Lubomir as well.

I never said he was ready now...no need to put words in someone else's mouth.

I will say he is the 3rd best player in the draft class, the best d-man and absolute theft at where you got him.

07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
CarltonCA

Last nights game videos.

I pulled this video off anaheimcalling blog of 2 on 1 from camp last night. Wagner goal and Da Costa and Holland play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6ES...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7qGo...layer_embedded

CarltonCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:25 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
You were the one that said he was big comapared to 18 year olds. Was just showing he is as big as at least one of your d-men last year, and in fact, he's bigger than Wiz and Lubomir as well.

I never said he was ready now...no need to put words in someone else's mouth.

I will say he is the 3rd best player in the draft class, the best d-man and absolute theft at where you got him.
Ok, got what your saying. You and I just have our definitions of "big" a little mixed up. Yes I know he's bigger than Vish and Wiz. But Vish and Wiz are filled out adults proportioned with their hight whom can destroy Fowler in the weight room.
so u think Taller = bigger I think stonger = bigger

( for people who think he should play now)

I don't have to worry about Fowler playing around with the other kids. If he comes up to the NHL, his name will be on the board in every teams locker room he plays, even if he only plays 7 minutes a game. He will be targeted, hit, and most likely injured and then sent back down to the minors with less confidence.

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
DuklaNation

As an outsider, I dont quite understand the criticism of Holland on this board. He was drafted to be a top 6 player (i.e there are only 6 spots open), not to be a checker. A checker hustles & hits more often than a top 6 player. Obviously it would be nice for a prospect to do everything at once.

Ive actually seen 2 guelph storm games and several video of Guelph. Holland has the speed, passing, shot and size to be a very good top 6 player. Some of these other guys will never likely have a realistic chance for one reason or another (i.e., too small, not fast enough, doesnt like contact, etc). The important weak parts of Holland's game are consistent effort (typical of a skill guy) and getting in the dirty areas (not as important depending on linemates). Taylor Beck had an impressive season. But I can firmly state that the claim that he outplayed Holland in the 2nd half and playoffs is complete BS. At worst they were even. Holland played hurt in the 1st half. His 2nd half stats were 54 pts in 32 games (pro-rated would put him ahead of Beck and around Hall & Seguin). 32 games is not a small sample BTW.

As a prospect, you to need to project him in the future, not focus strictly on the present.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
his name will be on the board in every teams locker room he plays, even if he only plays 7 minutes a game. He will be targeted, hit, and most likely injured and then sent back down to the minors with less confidence.
Same with any other rookie.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Dirk316

cool chief scout Ericnut thinks Fowler is NHL ready!!!

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 11:48 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
81 (de costa) i think, looked really good setting up holland there. I like his low skating technique

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:26 PM
jrgom81

I was at the scrimmage on saturday, and had a great time (needed my hockey fix) and a few players really stood out to me

Smith-Pelly- he might just turn into a HUGE fan favorite, it he keeps his playing style the same, and puts a bit of weight on his frame, and continues to work on some things the next couple of years.. That kid hits EVERYTHING that was on the ice, he seems like he could be a Wayne Simmonds type player for the Ducks, a player that can chip in with some offense, but is a nightmare for other lines to play against.

Gardiner- I would LOVE to see the kid on the squad by the end of the season, but he would be better suited to go back to Wisconsin, and get #1 pairing minutes and keep improving. He looked so smooth out there skating, and has put on some size, kid is gonna be a real treat to see when he is full time with the Ducks

Clark- Big, big kid, looked pretty good out there, i think he scored twice, maybe once with a shot deflected. He can lay the body, dont skate with your head down around him

Fowler- Solid, he did do anything amazing, but he always seemed to be in the right spot, and joined the rush at the right times, very fluid skater, didnt see a point shot from him, but has good vision out there on the break out pass (yes i know it was 4 on 4 for most of the time)

Mitra- I think he has a real solid chance at making the squad, but would be better suited to stay down one more year so he can get more ice time, Big physical kid, looked Huge out there.. Clark & Mitra as a pairing would take up the entire surface of the back end.

Sexton--Keep your head up! If you want to make the squad and be worth something, you should of been dominating every shift out there, im not the biggest sexton fan, i think he is further from the show than most people do.

thats my 2cents, hope you liked it

jrgom81 is offline   Reply With Quote