HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Kick her to the curb. She is just using you at this point. You're young and there are plenty of women out there who are hockey fans and not lying cheaters.
agreed. keep high standards and blast Wont Be Fooled Again if you start feeling weak.

Old
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
So the relationship came to a FULL and FINAL close. Let me break it down right quick.

1. We talked last night and I played right into her plans to be friends.
2. After taking a long shower, I realized I had been played.
3. I call her back and rail into her insecurities and her worst personality traits before concluding by saying goodbye. It should be noted she was crying 90% of the damn time while trying to convince me she could do better and that she wanted to help fix this.
4. I can't fall asleep so I call her in the morning and ask her what exactly she had in mind (simply to listen to her since I really didn't give her the time of day last night).
5. She informs me she no longer wants to continue and that she would have been willing to help last night. But wait for it... she doesn't want to rule out any possibility for the future as far as anything goes. Actually, she doesn't want to talk all summer until we get back to college. Then she wants to get coffee and maybe rekindle our feelings for each other. I ask her if she loves me. She says yes
6. I tell her where she can shove that BS and tell her to keep all the things she has from me (my shirts etc) before reminding her I deserve better than her.

FINAL SCORE: A happy, SINGLE Joetimo

Old
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
hockey diva

Congratulations! It may bother you for a bit, just stay busy and you'll find yourself not missing her at all.

Old
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
So the relationship came to a FULL and FINAL close. Let me break it down right quick.

1. We talked last night and I played right into her plans to be friends.
2. After taking a long shower, I realized I had been played.
3. I call her back and rail into her insecurities and her worst personality traits before concluding by saying goodbye. It should be noted she was crying 90% of the damn time while trying to convince me she could do better and that she wanted to help fix this.
4. I can't fall asleep so I call her in the morning and ask her what exactly she had in mind (simply to listen to her since I really didn't give her the time of day last night).
5. She informs me she no longer wants to continue and that she would have been willing to help last night. But wait for it... she doesn't want to rule out any possibility for the future as far as anything goes. Actually, she doesn't want to talk all summer until we get back to college. Then she wants to get coffee and maybe rekindle our feelings for each other. I ask her if she loves me. She says yes
6. I tell her where she can shove that BS and tell her to keep all the things she has from me (my shirts etc) before reminding her I deserve better than her.

FINAL SCORE: A happy, SINGLE Joetimo
LIKE A BOSS

Old
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Thanks guys, I am really glad this crap is over. I feel much better about it. Now I just need to take some time and find a girl who loves hockey. I think that would really help the whole compatibility thing.

Old
07-09-2010, 08:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Simple rule of life. Love like a Valentino, break up like Ike Turner. When the girl is acting like a *****, act like a pimp. My words of wisdom for the world today.

Old
07-09-2010, 09:06 AM
PredsChik

It would be nice if life would spread it's issues out over time to let you deal with one problem at a time... instead, it likes to pile everything on at once. I was happy-go-lucky a week ago. I can't wait for that to return. Quickly.

Old
07-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I have no idea what to do with myself now. The excitement has worn off.

I guess I should just go back to writing but that just isn't as fun anymore. Is it hockey season yet?

Old
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Fan of The Game

Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
I am getting desperate for some hockey and football.

Old
07-11-2010, 09:33 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I want to help him.

Old
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I have no idea what to do with myself now. The excitement has worn off.

I guess I should just go back to writing but that just isn't as fun anymore. Is it hockey season yet?
Had a similar situation recently in that it was confusing and hard to deal with, but it wasn't a girlfriend cheating on me. My best (female) friend is a person I've had strong feelings for over the course of some six or seven years, but timing has always been a problem. Mainly because I screwed things up way back when, and she's been in one of three relationships since then (even one engagement that didn't work). I had pretty much decided it wasn't going to happen until one night she was finally single and we were hanging out. One thing led to another, and for a period of five or six days things were looking like they finally worked between us. Then, it just hit a wall. She wants to enjoy being single for practically the first time in her adult life, and she just got out of a relationship with a very jealous, emotionally unstable guy who liked to try to control her.

It sucked to realize, but I had to let her do what she needs to do. She decided she wasn't ready to dive right back into something, and I decided I'd rather have her as a great friend rather than ruining things by pushing something that just isn't right yet.

Anyway, I know it's a different situation, but it looks like we both were able to gain a foothold on what really needed to be done. Just hang in there. Don't slip

Most importantly, though, I told her I'd be turning her into a hockey fanatic this coming season and she seemed ok with the idea.

Old
07-12-2010, 01:54 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

You know, ever since the Canucks signed Hamhuis, their fans have stopped asking about Weber.

It makes surfing these boards a much more enjoyable experience.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You know, ever since the Canucks signed Hamhuis, their fans have stopped asking about Weber.

It makes surfing these boards a much more enjoyable experience.
We had a similar experience with Leafs fans after Nash signed that contract extension and folks discovered it included an NTC.

It's so peaceful.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We had a similar experience with Leafs fans after Nash signed that contract extension and folks discovered it included an NTC.

It's so peaceful.
Are you trying to get me in trouble at work?

Old
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Would it be bad of me to post a thread on these boards asking "What do Canadian's want more? Make is 7 and relocate an American Franchise or Make it 8 and wait for 2 Canadian expansion teams?"

Old
07-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Top 6 Spaling

You'll never see Kovie get a minute special on ESPN, much less an hour like Lebron.

So excited for the potential NBA AND NFL lockouts after this season

Old
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Would it be bad of me to post a thread on these boards asking "What do Canadian's want more? Make is 7 and relocate an American Franchise or Make it 8 and wait for 2 Canadian expansion teams?"
If you don't, I will.

Old
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
If you don't, I will.
I'm not an instigator I like to finish fights.

Have fun.

Old
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm not an instigator I like to finish fights.

Have fun.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=798469
Done!

Old
07-13-2010, 04:12 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
That seals it for me- time to start looking for Ms. Right instead of Ms. Right Now. Too much drama.

Wasn't Memphis Hockey Fan in the market for a hockey fan at some point. Having met neither of you, I can say with absolute conviction that you would be perfect for each other.
Okay, how did I make my way into this thread? Joe and I are actually pretty good friends. I'm a bit too old for him.

Speaking of which, a friend of mine just got engaged to her Canadian hockey-loving boyfriend. She doesn't even like the sport! Life isn't fair! Mind you I very briefly dated a Canadian boy who DIDN'T LIKE HOCKEY! What is going on in the world?? I am the butt of someone's cruel joke. Of course I had to dump him, the whole situation was unsettling. I can't do it.

Old
07-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFail View Post
Okay, how did I make my way into this thread? Joe and I are actually pretty good friends. I'm a bit too old for him.
Speaking of which, a friend of mine just got engaged to her Canadian hockey-loving boyfriend. She doesn't even like the sport! Life isn't fair! Mind you I very briefly dated a Canadian boy who DIDN'T LIKE HOCKEY! What is going on in the world?? I am the butt of someone's cruel joke. Of course I had to dump him, the whole situation was unsettling. I can't do it.
O rly?

That sucks. You really need to find a hockey loving man. I remember a while back you were debating between going on a date and watching the game. If you found a hockey man you could have BOTH. Extra fun. Course, that isn't going to be easy in memphis.

EDIT: Anyone ever thought about creating a hockey fan dating site? I bet there is one somewhere.

EDIT the last EDIT: Did you know that a very large amount of relationships start online now o.O

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 07-13-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old
07-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
O rly?

Anyone ever thought about creating a hockey fan dating site? I bet there is one somewhere.
If there is, Gary Bettman started it to create an army of hockey playing/loving babies in an effort to promote hockey in the USA. As great as this idea sounds, I dont want Bettman setting me up with anyone

Old
07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
If there is, Gary Bettman started it to create an army of hockey playing/loving babies in an effort to promote hockey in the USA. As great as this idea sounds, I dont want Bettman setting me up with anyone
You are going to get me fired if you keep making me laugh during work.

While that sounds awful, I wouldn't mind it if we could sellout every single home game.

Old
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
MemphisMTLfan

I see the beginning of a cult. This is serious because it is up to us to produce the next generation of southern hockey fans. I am ready to do my part. Where do I sign up?

Old
07-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Does anyone own a PX4 storm? I think I might be purchasing one tuesday. I've heard only positive things about it from the reviews (with the exception of glock die hards). Thoughts?

Closed Thread