HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp - July 6-11th - Roster Announced

Old
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
all i know is 41 is a ballerina. my 2 year old said so, and i have witnesses

token grinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I'm more than a bit surprised that Erat participated. And why didn't they let him wear his normal number?

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Slake, I hope your trip back to NC went well, and here's to your health continuing to improve so that you'll make it back before camp.

Thanks everyone for the notes on development camp. I wasn't able to attend due to work and other obligations throughout the weekend. It's odd how many players were praised. It seems like most years it's only a few. This really gets me pumped for the future of our team.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I can vouge for that.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
kakemono

I watched Klasen fall three times during skating drills in the first hour of Saturday practice. Klasen and Santorelli were under a microscope. Every single time either of them did a skating drill, the coach's were staring them down the ENTIRE time.

Then I went to the other side to watch Ryan Ellis.

I mentioned to my sister that Ryan Ellis didn't look as awesome as last year's camp and seemed to playing 1/2 speed - then some smartass turned around to inform me that Ryan Ellis just won a Memorial Cup so he has a reason to slack off. I didn't think it polite to mention he won last year and looked way better.

Cehlin was good, Rask was good. I thought Blum was easily one of the top skaters in the skating drills - he powered through the backwards 'S' drills at a click above everyone else I watched.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I unfortunetly couldnt go to camp.... that work thing is a female dog

Is lindbeck ready to take on the backup job? Call me crazy but having our goalies combine for 12'11" in height would be sick, not to mention Rinne mentoring him. I just dont know if hes ready. Any thoughts?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
I watched Klasen fall three times during skating drills in the first hour of Saturday practice. Klasen and Santorelli were under a microscope. Every single time either of them did a skating drill, the coach's were staring them down the ENTIRE time.

Then I went to the other side to watch Ryan Ellis.

I mentioned to my sister that Ryan Ellis didn't look as awesome as last year's camp and seemed to playing 1/2 speed - then some smartass turned around to inform me that Ryan Ellis just won a Memorial Cup so he has a reason to slack off. I didn't think it polite to mention he won last year and looked way better.

Cehlin was good, Rask was good. I thought Blum was easily one of the top skaters in the skating drills - he powered through the backwards 'S' drills at a click above everyone else I watched.
Skating drills are a double edged sword....if you fall down people think you are failing, never fall down and the coaches know you're not really trying.

I personally would rather these prospects falling down all of the time as to actually improve while at camp with this caliber of coaching.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
If you go to the PredsOnTheGlass blog, I believe Buddy has the entire SOFU video posted up in segments on YouTube. I want to watch the opening remarks this week because I didn't walk in till Poile was mid-way through his address...
Thanks.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
kakemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Skating drills are a double edged sword....if you fall down people think you are failing, never fall down and the coaches know you're not really trying.

I personally would rather these prospects falling down all of the time as to actually improve while at camp with this caliber of coaching.
yeah, i understand that. coaches were eyeing him big-time though so i'm sure they know whats up - whether he is below where he needs to be or just trying to grow by going hard

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote