HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If we want guest to register, some of us, needs to be nicer sometime !!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Price is the Future

vCash: 500
Thank you to everyone who understand !!!

I didn't write about this to get even at anybody, all i wanted was to express my opinion... I now know that black, white,male female,french, english, young or old, it doesn't matter to the vast majority of people... reading another thread "The french thread for english people" i've seen a differrent side to a lot of people, and that, i really liked !!!

To all who cared enough to give your opinion and support...

Thank You

Habs_Fan

ps: I support Bob Gainey in his solid stand he took, after the game, the other day. It was long overdue!!! We can have opinion, like or dislike who or what we want, but it's the action that i really didn't appreciate from that small group of fans at the Bell Center.

Congradulation Mr.Gainey you made a lot of us to be pround to be a Canadian Fans !!!

Old
09-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I feel this forum has gone to hell. It's like a warzone in here. I can't stand it. I swear the vast majority of posters are just disgruntled B's fans trying to make themselves feel better by bashing the habs. I mean, there have been days I came in here and everything was negative. I actually feel the sheer volume of habs posters on these boards serves as a negative because it means a higher volume of pure crap that gets posted, and the unfortunate thing is the crap always floats to the top. There have been times where Theo let in a bad goal(hey, IT HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY YOUR GUYS" BLOODY GOD BRODEUR LET IN ONE OF THE WEAKEST EVER IN THE CUP FINALS) and then they demanded that he be traded. Then there is the deliberate misconception of poor play equalling lack of heart. Brisebois is one of the better leaders on the team, and bleeds bleu, blanc et rouge. He has the CH tatooed on his heart, and yet everybody criticizes his heart. He has sacrificed so much to play in habland, and yet still people question his heart. Many of the posters should just be downright ashamed of the stuff they said. I am a regular on these boards, yes, but I am no longer a regular on this board because the quality has gone strait down the crapper, and sadly, many of the very good posters who used to frequent the habs board have departed permanently due to the reasons I have stated.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic

The only times I point out a spelling mistake is if it's something that really get's to me. A prime example is when people use the word "Goaler" instead of "Goalie." Where I'm from, the Goaler's (Or maybe it was Gohler's) are a family who have sex with each other, and therefore each time I hear someone say goaler, it makes me think of incest.
It's Gohler, and say hello to Cousin Luke for me.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:29 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
It's Gohler, and say hello to Cousin Luke for me.
That's what I thought. Will do, Cletus.

Ever hear the one about the guys with no thumbs?
My mom was telling me about this guy cutting off both of his thumbs to get insurance money, but he never got the money because he did it to himself.
Mom didn't believe this story until one day she actually saw a guy going around without any thumbs.

FOTS, it's truly a pity that you ignore this board because I enjoyed your posts. I know everyone gets down on the players (I for one am guilty from time to time) but to leave because of few people's constant ctiticism isn't right. Maybe expressing your opinions on these topics more often would help. And if not, then just ignore the people that constantly flame players who you don't think deserve it.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Darz

Quote:
Darz is a prime example of this. He's always polite to others and can joke around without taking things out of hand, and he's easily one of the most respected posters on this board.

AH!!!!! SCREW YOU!!!!!!!

just kiddin Aphotic! Good post!
I think the biggest thing people have to keep in mind when reading OR responding to other people's posts, is they are just opinions in most cases. We all have them, and none of our's are the same. Disagreements will and should happen, but there is a good way and a bad way of dealing with them.
Imagine sitting with a few of your good friends (habs fans of course) at a bar or whereever discussing the habs. You'd probablely have disagreement about certain subjects but you'd probablely discuss them in a manner where everybody was still friends at the end of the night (then again, I've heard stories about some of you french guys, so.....). That's how people should approach this board. First off, we are all die hard hab fans (If we weren't we wouldn't waste our time posting here ,right?). We all want to see the same thing happen to the franchise (a retrun to glory), but may disagree with the route, or the exact moves needed to get there. Secondly, lets not get petty. Spelling mistakes happen to the beest of us, and with the amount of people posting here who list english as a second language, lets not get to petty with the grammar as well. Heck, this ain't school, and most of ours english is very not bad. Crazy nine is a good poster and I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anybody, but the problem sometimes, is with text on a computer screen you can't get the feel of the words being spoken. Sometimes sarcasim is mistaken and so on.

In closing, welcome aboard Habs_Fan, I'm sure over time you will enjoy posting here, and find it a very good forum for discussing everything habs. look forward to reading your future posts.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Darz is a prime example of this. He's always polite to others and can joke around without taking things out of hand, and he's easily one of the most respected posters on this board.

Actually, it's because of his biceps. A guy with big biceps and a tattoo on them is more likely to be respected among his peers.

Closed Thread