interesting- jim carey

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 09:41 AM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
interesting- jim carey

http://mscapsfan.tripod.com/carey0700.html

the most intriguing part is where sinden says that poile offered him the option of taking either carey or kolzig in the big trade. ahhhhhhh, what might have been (not that i'm complaining at all, but just throwing in that hindsight thing)...oh, and sinden said carey was the key to the deal. i thought ally was the key myself, but it's hard to argue that point when you're talking about a vezina finalist in his first 2 years. anyway, enjoy the article.

Old
10-01-2003, 12:51 PM
sarge88

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he just said he didn't want to play hockey anymore. I hate to sound harsh, but I have trouble feeling bad for a guy who has all that talent and can't succeed because he refuses to work hard and is too thin skinned. If I don't perform at my job, I certainly hear it but I'm not about to quit and whine about being mistreated.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:40 PM
stungun

i wonder if he applied for financial aid for college. probably got it to the sive.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Strafer

Good ole Harry sure seems to have a nose for head case goalies, going from Blaine Lacher to Jim Carey and I'll bet there are a half dozen I'm forgetting about. Wish we had Kolzig now! Thanks Harry! :mad:

Old
10-01-2003, 07:20 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibbb
Good ole Harry sure seems to have a nose for head case goalies, going from Blaine Lacher to Jim Carey and I'll bet there are a half dozen I'm forgetting about. Wish we had Kolzig now! Thanks Harry! :mad:

Yeah Kolzig would have obviously been the better choice but let's think back to when the deal fell through, I know I would have rather had the younger goaltender who has won a vezina and was a local kid, Harry thought he just solidified his goaltending postition for the next 10 years. I don't blame him for taking Carey over Kolzig, at the time I'm pretty sure all of us would have too, I know I would have been pretty upset if Kolzig the back up was coming to Boston instead of the young star goalie espeically when you consider what we gave up.

Closed Thread