HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxim Lapierre re-signs with the Habs (1 year, 900K)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
  #76
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Now sign Price and don't give him more than 2M$!
You'll probably be disappointed then, unless he only signs for 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Yeah I understand your point...i would've gone with a 2 year deal..1,8 for 2 years.
I imagine Lapierre believes that if he can play his game all year he'd be worth at least $1.5M. So a 2 year contract would probably have been in the range of $2.4M total.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
  #77
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,991
vCash: 500
Who cares...it's Lapierre..
I don't see anybody crying over the fact Boyd was signed for a year. Likewise for Pyatt.

900K/1y is a great deal and it will add to the cap space Gauthier is giving himself for next summer.
Anybody realize that PG will have a lot of money to work with next year...??..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
  #78
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Then add bonuses for the 3rd year.
I bet the Habs would love that, Lappy's agent not so much.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
  #79
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'm happy about the Lapierre signing I like his potential! Now if he can just be consistent.

In regards to al lthis AK for Gagne stuff, please stop it!
AK deserves one more year or at least start the season with the Habs. He's big, Can play physical and now doesn't have little brother around to worry about.
AK has a ton of talent and is a potential 40 goal guy. Why give up on him so soon for an Aging potential 30 goal guy who more then likely doesn't even want to be in Montreal!
Enough with the 40 goal potential for AK. 4 years with the habs, 2 in hamilton, 2 in Moscow and he reached 25 goals once.

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  #80
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Why just 1 year I want him to be a habs for ever

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
  #81
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Only got him for 1 year?

This guy deserves a 3 year contract.
huh?

He crapped the bed for most of the year, how the heck does that justify a 3 year deal?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
  #82
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
huh?

He crapped the bed for most of the year, how the heck does that justify a 3 year deal?
He was playing injured the entire season.

The fact that 70% of you posters don't know or acknowledge that fact is pretty telling, to be honest.

There was an article saying that he was looking for more years but was told to prove himself this season as a consistent force.

I have a feeling he'll come flying out of the gates this season

To hometown heros!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
  #83
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,687
vCash: 500
I'm sure next year he'll get more/ a longer contract if he does well.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
  #84
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
He was playing injured the entire season.

The fact that 70% of you posters don't know or acknowledge that fact is pretty telling, to be honest.

There was an article saying that he was looking for more years but was told to prove himself this season as a consistent force.

I have a feeling he'll come flying out of the gates this season

To hometown heros!
Since when is him playing most of the yeat injured a "fact"? I have never heard of that until you just mentionned it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
  #85
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Since when is him playing most of the yeat injured a "fact"? I have never heard of that until you just mentionned it.
He had an ankle injury at the start of the season and played through it. Coincidentally that was when he played the worst.

He spoke lightly about it in his last interview, I read that on the Canadiens.com website. He said he didn't want to blame his season on that though.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
  #86
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,009
vCash: 500
i can't wait to see the boyd-eller-lapierre line next season. Will probably be one of the best 3rd lines in the nhl, super fast and all 3 have a great work ethic.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
  #87
linp
 
linp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Now we know that Lapierre is a bad center man but a good 3rd /4th line winger, it is time for him to solidify his value for the team. Good luck to him. We need some Quebecers in the team.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  #88
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'm sure next year he'll get more/ a longer contract if he does well.
pouliot andrei kostitsyn boyd and price too
cap?

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
  #89
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,973
vCash: 500
This deal could be improved if it was $900,000 + free boxing lessons.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
  #90
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
He had an ankle injury at the start of the season and played through it. Coincidentally that was when he played the worst.

He spoke lightly about it in his last interview, I read that on the Canadiens.com website. He said he didn't want to blame his season on that though.
So an ankle injury prevented him from giving a second effort and being the pest that he has to be to stay in the NHL? I don't buy that.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:11 PM
  #91
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
i can't wait to see the boyd-eller-lapierre line next season. Will probably be one of the best 3rd lines in the nhl, super fast and all 3 have a great work ethic.
I think Boys is penciled in as 4th line center right now, unless they make other moves.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
  #92
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
pouliot andrei kostitsyn boyd and price too
cap?
Hamrlik and Gill are leaving next season

If Gill re-signs, which I doubt, it'd be for around the same hit. Hamrlik can go straight to hell though.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
  #93
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
So an ankle injury prevented him from giving a second effort and being the pest that he has to be to stay in the NHL? I don't buy that.
You can't take a fact as a fact, can you?

He GAVE a second effort and all that in the playoffs despite his lingering injury, though I'd assume it had subsided.

Get over yourself, Lapierre is a great player and loves the Habs - he should stay for a good, long while.

He had confidence issues all season and that was with a new coach, new leadership and a faulty ankle. He's a player that performs well when he's on a roll.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
  #94
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
I just hope this Lapierre is a thing of the past...absolutely embarrasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhShrOAMZ-E

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
  #95
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I just hope this Lapierre is a thing of the past...absolutely embarrasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhShrOAMZ-E
How about his goal the next game?

Jesus Christ, I'm not a fanboy but this hate-on most people have for Lapierre is ridiculous.

That diving call was so borderline too, he got check from behind and stayed down. He might have embellished but he didn't outright dive.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:41 PM
  #96
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Who cares...it's Lapierre..
I don't see anybody crying over the fact Boyd was signed for a year. Likewise for Pyatt.

900K/1y is a great deal and it will add to the cap space Gauthier is giving himself for next summer.
Anybody realize that PG will have a lot of money to work with next year...??..
I care deeply, and became overjoyed with tears.

Never noticed the money thing, can acquire someone at the deadline with an expiring contract for a push too. That would be what a 6 mill salary or so. If we have about 2.5 million free. Which is just a guess assuming price signs for under 3 mill this season.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:41 PM
  #97
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
How about his goal the next game?

Jesus Christ, I'm not a fanboy but this hate-on most people have for Lapierre is ridiculous.

That diving call was so borderline too, he got check from behind and stayed down. He might have embellished but he didn't outright dive.
Might have embellished? Come on, that was awful.

Slow-mo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_nz...%2Bdiv-1r-2-HM

There is nothing ridiculous about not approving of that sort of play....


Last edited by Mue: 07-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
  #98
HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
It's still twice as much as Price deserves, considering the kind of contract Halak got WITH arbitration rights.

Wouldn't be that hard to try and find an upgrade on Kostitsyn (Kostitsyn+ for Gagné?). I'm not a huge fan of Quebec-born players, but even if there are injury concerns with Gagné, there are just as many if not more with Kostitsyn. At least, Gagné would bring even more speed, and a good two-way presence with 30 goals potential to our lineup.
That's like Bertrand Raymond, but inverted... as worse.

HaBs_ReNeGaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
  #99
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Get over yourself, Lapierre is a great player
Lapierre is a great player?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
  #100
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Lapierre is a great player?
For his role, sure.

I can't think of many other players in the league that fit his mold:

fast
deceptively good hands
french from montreal
willing to defend teammates
defensively responsible

What can I say, Carbo was my favorite player ever and Lapierre reminds me of him at some instances.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.