HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

#4 Montreal Canadiens prospects

View Poll Results: who's #4?
Cedrick Desjardins, G 2 0.66%
Joonas Nattinen, C 0 0%
Ben Maxwell, C 5 1.66%
Yannick Weber, D 11 3.64%
Danny Kristo, RW 116 38.41%
Aaron Palushaj, RW 2 0.66%
Louis Leblanc, C 103 34.11%
Ryan White, C 2 0.66%
Mathieu Carle, D 1 0.33%
Tom Pyatt, C 1 0.33%
Alexander Avtsin, RW 19 6.29%
David Desharnais, C 3 0.99%
Jarred Tinordi, D 36 11.92%
Mac Bennett, D 0 0%
Brock Trotter, C 1 0.33%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I agree with this, but whatever, I guess. There were 329 voters, and 1st and 3rd ended up separated by only 10 votes. There were more total votes for the remaining 10 or so guys (after Pac, Kristo and Leblanc) than that. If the votes for the 2nd and 3rd highest guys comprise well over 50% of the total vote, and there are more "out-lier" votes than the deciding margin, a tie-breaker vote becomes worth considering.

How many Leblanc voters would have chosen MaxPac over Kristo (and vice versa) if the choice was restricted? In the end, I guess I don't really see these polls "accurately" representing the overall opinion of this board unless these things are considered, but who really cares.

edit: and Engqvist should definitely be on the list soon, if not now (instead of Bennett, perhaps, or even Desharnais).

Only 70 people out of 329 voters even commented in the thread. Could be possible that you're ignoring a silent majority. Doubt it, but I mean, 3 people spoke out FOR the idea, and I don't think anyone spoke up AGAINST it...
Perhaps he is going with the silent majority who didn't want to bother speaking up against it? Like me for example.

I don't want this to become an endless run of polls because people's personal favorite didn't end up where they wanted him to.

Edit: Oh and I voted for Kristo as no.4

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:23 PM
RE-HABS

Kristo, he is way ahead of Leblanc.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
I agree with this, but whatever, I guess. There were 329 voters, and 1st and 3rd ended up separated by only 10 votes. There were more total votes for the remaining 10 or so guys (after Pac, Kristo and Leblanc) than that. If the votes for the 2nd and 3rd highest guys comprise well over 50% of the total vote, and there are more "out-lier" votes than the deciding margin, a tie-breaker vote becomes worth considering.

How many Leblanc voters would have chosen MaxPac over Kristo (and vice versa) if the choice was restricted? In the end, I guess I don't really see these polls "accurately" representing the overall opinion of this board unless these things are considered, but who really cares.

edit: and Engqvist should definitely be on the list soon, if not now (instead of Bennett, perhaps, or even Desharnais).

Only 70 people out of 329 voters even commented in the thread. Could be possible that you're ignoring a silent majority. Doubt it, but I mean, 3 people spoke out FOR the idea, and I don't think anyone spoke up AGAINST it...
I know I was the one who suggested the runoff, but is it that big of a travesty? Years down the road will we look back and say NOOOOOOO DANNY KRISTO IS IN FACT A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN MAX PACIORETTY DAMN YOU DIDOUCHE!

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Brisk

I would vote for David Fisher!!!!

Just Kidding

Jarred Tinordi got my vote!!!

Brisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Perhaps he is going with the silent majority who didn't want to bother speaking up against it? Like me for example.

I don't want this to become an endless run of polls because people's personal favorite didn't end up where they wanted him to.

Edit: Oh and I voted for Kristo as no.4
Like I said, I don't really care how or why, or whatever. Just saying that it's probably not a bad idea if Avtsin has as many votes as the differences between Pac/Kristo and Kristo/Leblanc combined. Surely that's not going to happen at every step.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I voted Leblanc.

My top 20, based on my opinion of both player's potential and likeliness to be a NHLer, would be:

1. Subban
2. Eller
3. Leblanc
4. Pacioretty
5. Kristo
6. Tinordi
7. Avtsin
8. Bennett
9. Qualier
10. Pyatt
11. White
12. Carle
13. Maxwell
14. Engqvist
15. Weber
16. Palushaj
17. Dumont
18. Nattinen
19. Desharnais
20. Schultz

HM: Trotter, Conboy, Ellis, Desjardins, Gallagher

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 10:00 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I know I was the one who suggested the runoff, but is it that big of a travesty? Years down the road will we look back and say NOOOOOOO DANNY KRISTO IS IN FACT A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN MAX PACIORETTY DAMN YOU DIDOUCHE!
hahahhahah!!!! People will hunt me down and blame me for the canadiens not winning the cup

or even worse

not getting Lecavalier

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
danyhabsfan

Pacioretty is graduated by Hockeysfuture site.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Erika

Louis Leblanc for me again...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
You could say the same thing about Pk or Eller then.
PK and Eller are on two-way contracts. And they are younger.

Pyatt is on a one-way. He is an NHLer now, whether his career is great or not is another matter yet to be seen. But he is no longer a prospect.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
jamz

Enqvist isn't in the options...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Pacioretty is graduated by Hockeysfuture site.
But he ended the season in the AHL and could very well return there next season.

Subban is most likely a lock, but we never know. We have a lot of defenseman in the run.

Eller also should make the team based on what Pierre Gauthier said, but if someone is better than him during the training camp, he could start in the AHL.

All that to say they should all be considered prospects by us.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
But he ended the season in the AHL and could very well return there next season.

Subban is most likely a lock, but we never know. We have a lot of defenseman in the run.

Eller also should make the team based on what Pierre Gauthier said, but if someone is better than him during the training camp, he could start in the AHL.

All that to say they should all be considered prospects by us.
PLaying in the AHL this season would have NOTHING to do with his status as a young player (prospect, rookie, sophomore).

He has already played 86 NHL games. That's more than a full season in numbers. He graduated, isn't a prospect. Evenmoreso, if he makes the team, he is a sophomore, and no longer a 'prospect', NO MATTER if he gets retrograted to the AHL.

The first poll said we would go with HF rules for prospects. With these rules, Pac is no longer a prospect, and for a good reason.

He shouldn't be on the list.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:13 AM
zzoo

Kristo and Leblanc aren't even sure if they are good enough in AHL while Desharnais has been performing very well.
In short term, Desharnais is way above Kristo and Leblanc. I'm not sure for long term though.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
PLaying in the AHL this season would have NOTHING to do with his status as a young player (prospect, rookie, sophomore).

He has already played 86 NHL games. That's more than a full season in numbers. He graduated, isn't a prospect. Evenmoreso, if he makes the team, he is a sophomore, and no longer a 'prospect', NO MATTER if he gets retrograted to the AHL.

The first poll said we would go with HF rules for prospects. With these rules, Pac is no longer a prospect, and for a good reason.

He shouldn't be on the list.
Yeah I understand what you mean...it's just that for me, Pcioretty is still in developpement. He's not a NHL player, but he's not a AHLer. He's young and he still has things to learn.

I just think for the fans, it's totaly ok to have Pacioretty as a prospect.

But if we really go by HF standards, then no, he should be there.

Old
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
11alias11

okay wait....is this a ranking of the top players who, after we look back after their careers are over, we can then say this guy was the best? In other words is the question "In 20 years who will have been our #1, 2, 3 etc. prospect from the 2010 season?" If so Avtsin has my vote here.

11alias11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
okay wait....is this a ranking of the top players who, after we look back after their careers are over, we can then say this guy was the best? In other words is the question "In 20 years who will have been our #1, 2, 3 etc. prospect from the 2010 season?" If so Avtsin has my vote here.
For me, yes...I vote for the player who I believe will have the best NHL career. I also check the upside versus the downside...

But as we've seen, nobody is thinking the same way so vote the way you believe is the best...

Old
07-14-2010, 04:05 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I voted Leblanc.

My top 20, based on my opinion of both player's potential and likeliness to be a NHLer, would be:

1. Subban
2. Eller
3. Leblanc
4. Pacioretty
5. Kristo
6. Tinordi
7. Avtsin
8. Bennett
9. Qualier
10. Pyatt
11. White
12. Carle
13. Maxwell
14. Engqvist
15. Weber
16. Palushaj
17. Dumont
18. Nattinen
19. Desharnais
20. Schultz

Qualier quite high...

Old
07-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Kristo, he is way ahead of Leblanc.
Why would you say that? I think Leblanc has a bit more upside...going to be bigger, plus he plays with more of an edge, offensively they are pretty even.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Kristo and Leblanc aren't even sure if they are good enough in AHL while Desharnais has been performing very well.
In short term, Desharnais is way above Kristo and Leblanc. I'm not sure for long term though.
Yeah but they will be playing their 19 and 20 year old seasons while he'll be starting his 24 year old season in the AHL. By 24 both the young guys could already be NHL regulars or even top 6 forwards. They are bigger and faster than DD.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 05:14 PM
ruski17

Quote:
I voted Leblanc.

1. Subban
2. Eller
3. Leblanc
4. Pacioretty
5. Kristo
6. Tinordi
7. Avtsin
8. Bennett
9. Qualier
10. Pyatt
11. White
12. Carle
13. Maxwell
14. Engqvist
15. Weber
16. Palushaj
17. Dumont
18. Nattinen
19. Desharnais
20. Schultz

How come Weber and Carle are so low and Bennett is much higher? I also heard Palushaj is a very good prospect and I expected him to be higher.
My top 20
1. Subban
2. Eller
3. Kristo
4. Leblanc
5. Pacioretty
6. Avtsin
7. Tinordi
8. White
9. Weber
10. Palushaj
11. Carle
12. Qualier
13. Maxwell
14. Trunev
15. Bennett
16. Nattinen
18. Dumont
19. Engqvist
20. Schultz
HM: Trotter, Ellis, Desharnais, Walsh, Desjardins, Gallagher ( I don't consider Pyatt a prospect anymore)

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 05:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
I voted Leblanc.

1. Subban
2. Eller
3. Leblanc
4. Pacioretty
5. Kristo
6. Tinordi
7. Avtsin
8. Bennett
9. Qualier
10. Pyatt
11. White
12. Carle
13. Maxwell
14. Engqvist
15. Weber
16. Palushaj
17. Dumont
18. Nattinen
19. Desharnais
20. Schultz

Pyatt over maxwell? Rough. Pyatt is like a 4th liner max 3rd liner. Maxwell can end up as a 2nd line center with two-way ability, speed and so on. Surprised people have him so low.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
imindoors

1.Subban
2.Lars Eller
3.Louis Leblanc
4.Danny Kristo
5.Weber

that's it..

imindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:

I've lobbied for a runoff in past years. The ranking represents an approximation without it. So what, I suppose, but then so what in announcing that Pacioretty is 3rd. For all we know he's actually 5th. Again, I suppose it doesn't matter, though I am not sure what the point of the exercise is if not to reflect the forum's opinion.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
InglewoodJack

I don't get it... all the mods seem to be so high on Mac "Daddy" Bennett...
Does he have some top 4 in him?