HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
an injury or two on defense would certainly warrant a call-up, and there is a much better chance than .01% that it will happen.
Well no kidding injuries change things. As that point someone would obviously need to be called up. I talking about making the team out of camp, with no injuires. There is imo a very very slim shot that happens regardless how well they perform..

Old
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Well no kidding injuries change things. As that point someone would obviously need to be called up. I talking about making the team out of camp, with no injuires. There is imo a very very slim shot that happens regardless how well they perform..
well unlike probably 95% of the NHL, the Flyers just like to sign people instead of letting their prospects play and it is a bit of fault of the Flyers. I'd imagine if they didn't always have the deep pockets they'd play more prospects. In the next couple years I wouldn't be surprised to see the Flyers start going with prospects a bit more. . . however, Homer might just trade Kimmo next year and sign another 3 vets and push the rookies further down.

Old
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
My bad optimistic super fan. Not a downer a realist chief. I have been around long enough(yes there was hockey before the internet) to see so many prospects come and go to never be heard of again. Seen all the hype and all the talk of the next star that never seems to pan out. It is more laughable to say it will happen in the future based on how it hasnt in the past dont you think? Does that mean it will never happen of course not.
Quote:
What a shock yoru wrong. I dont dislike all of them i just dont think they will all pan out like you do, i dont overrate them like most here do. It isnt taking shots it is calling it like i see it.
Is there a prospect that you dont think will make it out of: marshall, bourdon,the finnish guy, Maroon, legion, Nodl, Kalinski, Erickson, Bobo the clown. The 2 new flavors Gustifson and Testwuide? Probably not.
Ahh see, I think your comparing realism from what you have seen to what is happening right now. Realism isnt say that, since they arent in the first round (your really stuck on the first round thing) they arent making the NHL at all. Thing is though, that in the past it has shown it is possible. Overrating means that I think they will all contribute and be amazing at an NHL level. I think its more laughable that you think that they will have 0 chance at all. I think that's called....underrating.

Being regulars on a hockey team, I dont think Bourdon, Kalinski, and Nodl. Maybe even Testwuide. I can put down money though that these guys WILL 100% see NHL time sometime

Old
07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Obviously man. If there is a spot on the team, one of the forwards will make it. Right now there is 1 forward spot and we are over the cap. Unless Homer does something drastic, it is showing that a prospect will make the team... on one of the 4 lines.

Old
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
well unlike probably 95% of the NHL, the Flyers just like to sign people instead of letting their prospects play and it is a bit of fault of the Flyers. I'd imagine if they didn't always have the deep pockets they'd play more prospects. In the next couple years I wouldn't be surprised to see the Flyers start going with prospects a bit more. . . however, Homer might just trade Kimmo next year and sign another 3 vets and push the rookies further down.
Well the only way i see them doing what yo suggest is if they hit rock bottom and stay there for a littlel while. The cubbard is pretty bare imo so i dont see that happening unless guys pan out or they did great drafting. In a capped world yo need guys on the cheap to fill roles.

Old
07-12-2010, 07:09 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ahh see, I think your comparing realism from what you have seen to what is happening right now. Realism isnt say that, since they arent in the first round (your really stuck on the first round thing) they arent making the NHL at all. Thing is though, that in the past it has shown it is possible. Overrating means that I think they will all contribute and be amazing at an NHL level. I think its more laughable that you think that they will have 0 chance at all. I think that's called....underrating.

Being regulars on a hockey team, I dont think Bourdon, Kalinski, and Nodl. Maybe even Testwuide. I can put down money though that these guys WILL 100% see NHL time sometime
The flyers have done a great job with their first round picks. Probably as good or better than any other considering where they draft. Never said they wont make it because they were drafted out of the 1dt rd. What i said was the flyers track record of guys drafted after the 1dt rd making it to the nhl isnt that great. Never ever said thery have a 0 chance, some have a remote while some have decent. I do not think their are any sure fire nhl regulars as we sit here today, excluding the last draft or 2.

Old
07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Obviously man. If there is a spot on the team, one of the forwards will make it. Right now there is 1 forward spot and we are over the cap. Unless Homer does something drastic, it is showing that a prospect will make the team... on one of the 4 lines.
Maybe. As i asked earlier because i am not 100% sure. most of the prospects have decent cap hit of 800k give or take. Shooter will invite a vet or 2 to camp and he he makes it it will be a league min contract. A few hundred k doesnt sound like much but with this team it is. I still belive the roster will be somewhat set before camp and unless one of the forward prospects really lays above and beyond, they will start on the famr.

Old
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Garbage Goal

Our prospect pool isn't as bad as some would make you believe. We have a bunch of good depth guys.

Nodl and Kalinski have already proven to be effective bottom six NHL players in my mind.

Marshall looks like he has a realistic shot at being a middling d-man.

I don't have high hopes for Maroon, but both Maroon and Legein have shots (albeit outside shots) at being quality NHL guys.

Testwuide, Pither, and Harper are pretty good as far as free agent college signings go.

I'm actually very excited between Bobrovsky and Eriksson. I think that although they're not blue-chippers, they are high quality prospects.

Old
07-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
The guy dislikes all our current prospects. He takes shots at all of them whenever he can.
Thanks,
I was wondering what the hell he was talking about.

Old
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Question: Is the team staying in NY indefinitely? I was under the impression they would be moved back to the area after a year or so. If I have missed something I'm sorry, otherwise, is there any news on this?

Old
07-13-2010, 08:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Question: Is the team staying in NY indefinitely? I was under the impression they would be moved back to the area after a year or so. If I have missed something I'm sorry, otherwise, is there any news on this?
It was recently postponed. I think they have two more years in Adirondack, but no, the semi-short-term goal is to move them back to the Philadelphia area.

Old
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
October 2013 i think is the goal to move to Allentown. Might be as late as 2014, depends on a bridge project finishing as well, but the arena should be ready for 2013-14.

Old
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
October 2013 i think is the goal to move to Allentown. Might be as late as 2014, depends on a bridge project finishing as well, but the arena should be ready for 2013-14.
isnt the world scheduled to end in 2012?

Old
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Schenn10

Is there any possibility Bobrovsky could see some time with the Flyers this year with a combination of stellar goaltending from him during preseason camps and in the AHL and poor goaltending from Leighton/Boucher/Backlund? or do you think they are gonna wait on him for at least a year no matter what?

Old
07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyers View Post
Is there any possibility Bobrovsky could see some time with the Flyers this year with a combination of stellar goaltending from him during preseason camps and in the AHL and poor goaltending from Leighton/Boucher/Backlund? or do you think they are gonna wait on him for at least a year no matter what?
One of those is more likely than the other.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:53 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
One of those is more likely than the other.
Bobrovsky must be licking his chops

Old
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyers View Post
With the goalie troubles we had in the past and will likely in the future, he has a pretty good chace of playing a game or 2 in the NHL. They gotta make sure the dont rush him though. He s only 21.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:02 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
according to capgeek, Laliberte has re-signed, 1 year, two way @ $550,000

Old
07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
With the goalie troubles we had in the past and will likely in the future, he has a pretty good chace of playing a game or 2 in the NHL. They gotta make sure the dont rush him though. He s only 21.
Agreed.

Isn't it nice though to be talking about goalies who might actually become something someday? I remember just before the 08 draft how depressed we all were because the shelf was totally empty. We had the rights to phillips and Kovar. We had Duschesne of course (can you believe we were so short of goalies that he actually wore a Flyers jersey this year?). I think the Phantoms that were still signed were like Houle and Teslak. The closest thing we had to breakout goalie was Scott Munroe.

None of our prospects now are locks, but at least there is some potential.

Old
07-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Luigi#17

What was the problem with Stefan Legein's productivity later last season? I mean, after the trade from the 'Cuse', he was netting goals in bunches - once being a 5th best goal scorer in the entire AHL. At the end, 26. place among snipers with 26 goals doesn't look that bad.
A simple /long/ cold streak? Better guarded? Highly unlucky?
I still feel with his motor mouse wheels, no fear and strong work ethic he'll be a very good 3rd liner with scoring upside.

Old
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi#17 View Post
What was the problem with Stefan Legein's productivity later last season? I mean, after the trade from the 'Cuse', he was netting goals in bunches - once being a 5th best goal scorer in the entire AHL. At the end, 26. place among snipers with 26 goals doesn't look that bad.
I still feel with his motor mouse wheels, no fear and strong work ethic he'll be a very good 3rd liner with scoring upside.
He played a shortened season on an offensively retarded AHL team.

Old
07-16-2010, 11:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi#17 View Post
Well he played fine until he played on a line with teammates that couldnt finish or help him (Ross and Nodl). He then went into the coaches doghouse (dont mind these other players though for I guess dumass thought it was Legein who was in the wrong) and was placed on the 4th line. He even fought someone during one of the last few games. If he is played right, I can see him getting close to 40 goals next season... and a good amount of assists. I saw WAY to many games where he set up one of Ross or Nodl and they couldnt put it away. I counted at least 3-4 times a game.

Old
07-29-2010, 04:55 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

So the Phantoms twitter feed is saying that Riopel is one of the goalies under contract but I sure haven't heard an announcement. I also don't see anything on capgeek. Did I miss something? You'd think they would know.

Old
07-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
So the Phantoms twitter feed is saying that Riopel is one of the goalies under contract but I sure haven't heard an announcement. I also don't see anything on capgeek. Did I miss something? You'd think they would know.
He could be on an AHL-only contract again, signed by the Phantoms. The Flyers keep his rights until May 30th 2011 anyway, without signing him.

Old
08-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Cleary84

Did we give up on Kalinski? There hasn't been much talk of him making the big club lately.

Closed Thread