HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Where are those rumblings coming from? I have not heard anything in regards to trading a significant D-man other then bloggers wish lists!
Do you expect Gauthier to come out and announce it on RDS, TSN and ESPN?

Old
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Sending Hammer + to Columbus for Filatov would be great for us. We'd also be able to sign Mitchell.

Filatov-Gomez-Gio
Cammy-Plex-A.Kosty
Poliout-Eller-Moen
Boyd-Lapierre-Pyatt
Darche

Markov-PK
Spacek-Mitchel
Gill-Gorges
OB

Price
Auld
Why would they want Hamrlik?

Markov is what they need

Old
07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
prairie hab

For Pete's sake....... I'm tired of seeing Hamrlik involved in every trade scenario dreamed up around here:

His salary is massive (albeit only 1 year left), and there is something everyone seems to forget: oh yeah a LIMITED NO TRADE CLAUSE.

Do you really think Coulmbus is on his list of "favored destinations"?

I do not know enough or have seen enough of Filatov to evaluate how he would impact this team. All I know is - the less Russians, the better..............

If we need a Top 6 forward I would lean towards the Gagne's and Sharp's of the world. Proven commodities.

Old
07-13-2010, 11:06 PM
le_sean

I'm not big on Russian players, but I would be excited if the Habs grabbed Filatov.

Only thing is, what's the difference between Hitchcock and Martin? I would assume Jacques has a lot more patience with young players than Ken. I wouldn't want to get Filatov and turn him into another Sergei.

Old
07-13-2010, 11:17 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Why would they want Hamrlik?

Markov is what they need
Because Markov isn't available and Hamr is. He's also our #2 dman behind Markov despite what most people on this board think. When Markov went down it was hamr who stepped up to the #1 spot most of the season and did a great job for us. He faultered in the playoffs but played a huge amount during the season and average much more mpg then he normally would have. Also, unlike most players, he's earned his paycheck for 2 of the 3 years and I think he'll be important to us in Markov's abscence again this year. Columbus should be so happy to have Hamr for 1 year and then resign him at a substantially lower price. They want an expereinced relaible defencman and they can have that with Hamr.

Old
07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Because Markov isn't available and Hamr is. He's also our #2 dman behind Markov despite what most people on this board think. When Markov went down it was hamr who stepped up to the #1 spot most of the season and did a great job for us. He faultered in the playoffs but played a huge amount during the season and average much more mpg then he normally would have. Also, unlike most players, he's earned his paycheck for 2 of the 3 years and I think he'll be important to us in Markov's abscence again this year. Columbus should be so happy to have Hamr for 1 year and then resign him at a substantially lower price. They want an expereinced relaible defencman and they can have that with Hamr.
Ya im sure Columbus would love to trade their top prospect for Roman Hamrlik

Old
07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Ya im sure Columbus would love to trade their top prospect for Roman Hamrlik
Roman Hamrlik and Weber would do it to be honest. Filatov won't play for the jackets...

Old
07-13-2010, 11:56 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
If you really think the Jackets are interested in taking on a 5 million dollar one-year of an aging Hamrlik for a 20 year old Russian phenom, you really need help.

Old
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Habs514

It would probably be prospects or pics for Filatov.

Old
Reve4Shab

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Roman Hamrlik and Weber would do it to be honest. Filatov won't play for the jackets...
Even if he doesn't want to play for the jackets, his value is still higher then Hamrlik and Weber, I'm sure a team would make a way better offer out there.

Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Maybe Hamrlik + Subban

Old
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Maybe Hamrlik + Subban
Maybe subtract Hamrlik.

With us having Kristo and Avtsin waiting in the wings why would we make a trade for Filatov? It just makes no sense especially with us having a coach like Martin.

Hartnell, Ladd or Asham works for me and this doesn't.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:09 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Maybe subtract Hamrlik.

With us having Kristo and Avtsin waiting in the wings why would we make a trade for Filatov? It just makes no sense especially with us having a coach like Martin.

Of course it doesn't make sense. I just find it hard to believe there are those out there who think somehow a Filatov-Hamrlik deal could be on the works. Seriously, gotta give the heads a shake. Not gonna happen.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Maybe subtract Hamrlik.

I'm just saying there's no way CLB trades Filatov without one of out top prospects going the other way

Old
07-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
I'm just saying there's no way CLB trades Filatov without one of out top prospects going the other way
Or, and this is a big or... We do in fact give them Markov and a prospect for Filatov and 1st rounder next year. Sure we lose our best d-man, but in return we get a sure-fire prospect for our top 6, and next year we'll have a ton of money to fill our defensive corps out. On top of that, columbus's pick will probably be a top 10, maybe even higher. Maybe Markov is jinxed in montreal. He's had three major injuries in the last 2 years. Maybe it wouldn't be the stupidest idea to unload him now for some excellent young talent before we lose him for nothing. Too bad there's too many question marks around whether Filatov is coming over or not. Otherwise it could be an interesting deal...

Old
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
true, things are doing so damn well with management/coaching... no way in hell the kid would want to leave for the KHL or ask for a trade... he's a CBJ for life!!!

Old
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
true, things are doing so damn well with management/coaching... no way in hell the kid would want to leave for the KHL or ask for a trade... he's a CBJ for life!!!
You know there's 29 other teams in the league,right?

You're telling me the best offer Columbus would get for Filatov is Hamlik + Weber

Old
07-14-2010, 01:56 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'd imagine for us to get Filatov some sort of development between Filatov camp and Columbus has occurred, telling them he doesn't plan on going back.

That and Montreal some how caught wind of it? Who knows? Maybe Hamrlik and Weber is the best deal offered for the young russian? Maybe the 29 other teams don't want to gamble on a Young Russian whom is already in Russia.

Columbus gets Hamrlik a vet in his final year, and Weber a puck moving Dman. Why would we trade 2 Dmen when our Defensive prospects are slowly thinning is beyond me, but we signed Carle recently so perhaps it is Carle and not Weber, Carle has expressed the desire for a trade before and maybe Gauthier is trying to stock pile our talent up front.

Say what You will but TheFourthPeriod whom I trust more than Eklund, has said Columbus is looking to add some Dman, and trading a prospect whom wont likely play for them for 2 players that would make an immediate impact is a good move for both parties.

Just saying Eklund isn't the only one reporting this similar news between Columbus and their desire for Dman, and Montreal's desire for Filatov, everyone knows Montreal was extremely high on him that draft year.

Old
07-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Eklund has been pretty good this summer on reporting trades and signings, he had stepped up his game. What wrecks his credibility is that he reports everything he hears.
To his credit, he does clearly state that he doesn't report pending trades, he reports what's being talked about. It makes it more difficult obviously to verify this as most of it doesn't come off (I guess it's a good business model) but some of the stuff he's talked about has happened. His job from what he's said is to report everything he hears.

Old
07-14-2010, 02:11 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
You know there's 29 other teams in the league,right?

You're telling me the best offer Columbus would get for Filatov is Hamlik + Weber

where did I say that ?

Old
07-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
For sure, I was just saying in any trade with CBJ we could delete Hamrlik because he isn't what they can afford or need. The only thing Hamrlik brings to the table for Columbus is instead of losing $10 million a year they lose $15 million.

I think Columbus would get three players/prospects and they would be a choice of:

(1) AK or Pouliot
(2) Kristo or Atsvin
(3) Weber or Carle

I don't see Filatov going for much less than that, maybe a draft pick (1st round) instead of one of the players listed.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reve4Shab View Post
Even if he doesn't want to play for the jackets, his value is still higher then Hamrlik and Weber, I'm sure a team would make a way better offer out there.
Agreed, CBJ can get a lot more than that for a top young player.

Old
07-14-2010, 08:00 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Hamrlik needs his own trade rumor thread. I'm not interested in him leaving it's just that he seems to be on a lot of "moving lists".

From what I read somewhere (forget where) it sounded like Columbus is actually pretty happy with their D corps and if they opportunity arises they may add someone. It doesn't sound like a priority.

Old
07-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I'd love to see Gauthier grab us Filatov,not sure what the Jackets are looking for in return but I'm guessing something like Patches and Weber

Old
07-14-2010, 08:41 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Of course it doesn't make sense. I just find it hard to believe there are those out there who think somehow a Filatov-Hamrlik deal could be on the works. Seriously, gotta give the heads a shake. Not gonna happen.
What really doesn't make sense is why we would take on another enigmatic head case like Filitov when we just got rid of one in SK.

Closed Thread