HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4 Montreal Canadiens prospects

View Poll Results: who's #4?
Cedrick Desjardins, G 2 0.66%
Joonas Nattinen, C 0 0%
Ben Maxwell, C 5 1.66%
Yannick Weber, D 11 3.64%
Danny Kristo, RW 116 38.41%
Aaron Palushaj, RW 2 0.66%
Louis Leblanc, C 103 34.11%
Ryan White, C 2 0.66%
Mathieu Carle, D 1 0.33%
Tom Pyatt, C 1 0.33%
Alexander Avtsin, RW 19 6.29%
David Desharnais, C 3 0.99%
Jarred Tinordi, D 36 11.92%
Mac Bennett, D 0 0%
Brock Trotter, C 1 0.33%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
  #76
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I don't get it... all the mods seem to be so high on Mac "Daddy" Bennett...
Does he have some top 4 in him?
As far as I heard, he does. Some would argue his potential is currently higher than weber. While that's probably a case of optimism while weber/carle are more proven and more realistic expectations have arisen from them, he's still a good prospect.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
  #77
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
As far as I heard, he does. Some would argue his potential is currently higher than weber. While that's probably a case of optimism while weber/carle are more proven and more realistic expectations have arisen from them, he's still a good prospect.
I can't see how he'll be better than Weber... maybe Carle. Oh well, time will tell I guess.


Another guy that's interesting in Dustin Walsh. Almost .5 PPG as an 18 year old in the NCAA.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
  #78
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I can't see how he'll be better than Weber... maybe Carle. Oh well, time will tell I guess.


Another guy that's interesting in Dustin Walsh. Almost .5 PPG as an 18 year old in the NCAA.
I highly doubt it as well. Just saying, wouldn't be surprised if people say it. Benett's ceiling is prob top 4 i guess. I'd assume he'd be like carle though.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
  #79
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,309
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I've got to say our top 6 is going to be way better than Toronto's.

Just scoped their board.. and Jesse Blacker is number 6..

PK Subban
Lars Eller
Max Pacioretty
Danny Kristo
Louis Leblanc
Jarred Tinordi

Those are likely our top six.. vs..

Kadri
D'Amigo
Aulie
Caputi
Ross
Blacker.

Kadri and Subban are a wash, I think both are highly skilled at their positions. Though edge Subban for already producing in the NHL play-offs.

Eller vs. D'Amigo isn't even close. Eller is considerably better.

Aulie vs. Patches.. A little difficult to call, but Patches has been a third liner, has had stretches of producing offence at the NHL level and has produced well in the AHL.

Caputi vs. Kristo.. I'd give Caputi the edge since he's an NHL player at this point, but long term Kristo could end up being the better goal scorer.

Ross vs. Leblanc.. Lebkanc more highly reguarded, but Ross is guaranteed a fourth liner agitator..

Blacker vs. Tinordi.. Tinnordi without a doubt.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:24 PM
  #80
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,263
vCash: 500
Patches is still considered a prospect? Dont think so

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
  #81
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Kristo again.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
  #82
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I've got to say our top 6 is going to be way better than Toronto's.

Just scoped their board.. and Jesse Blacker is number 6..

PK Subban
Lars Eller
Max Pacioretty
Danny Kristo
Louis Leblanc
Jarred Tinordi

Those are likely our top six.. vs..

Kadri
D'Amigo
Aulie
Caputi
Ross
Blacker.

Kadri and Subban are a wash, I think both are highly skilled at their positions. Though edge Subban for already producing in the NHL play-offs.

Eller vs. D'Amigo isn't even close. Eller is considerably better.

Aulie vs. Patches.. A little difficult to call, but Patches has been a third liner, has had stretches of producing offence at the NHL level and has produced well in the AHL.

Caputi vs. Kristo.. I'd give Caputi the edge since he's an NHL player at this point, but long term Kristo could end up being the better goal scorer.

Ross vs. Leblanc.. Lebkanc more highly reguarded, but Ross is guaranteed a fourth liner agitator..

Blacker vs. Tinordi.. Tinnordi without a doubt.
Newsflash: we're better than the Leafs. Big deal. It's been that way forever.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
  #83
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Pacioretty isn't a prospect he has 86 games

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
  #84
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I don't get it... all the mods seem to be so high on Mac "Daddy" Bennett...
Does he have some top 4 in him?
I might be the only one that's high on him, imo he has top pairing upside if his offensive game translates, which seems a little unlikely but hard to say at this point since it's so early in his development.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
  #85
DDIHH
Registered User
 
DDIHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Kristo

add Pacioretty

add Engvist

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:10 AM
  #86
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I've lobbied for a runoff in past years. The ranking represents an approximation without it. So what, I suppose, but then so what in announcing that Pacioretty is 3rd. For all we know he's actually 5th. Again, I suppose it doesn't matter, though I am not sure what the point of the exercise is if not to reflect the forum's opinion.
I also find results interesting when all of Blind Gardien, Darz, Montreal, and Watsatheo (who are as knowledgeable as anyone) agree on a pick, yet that choice isn't reflected in the popular consensus. Not that them agreeing makes them "right", but it's still interesting.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
  #87
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Pyatt over maxwell? Rough. Pyatt is like a 4th liner max 3rd liner. Maxwell can end up as a 2nd line center with two-way ability, speed and so on. Surprised people have him so low.
Sure but there's a very good chance his game doesn't translate to the NHL level. I think he has a high bust potential so I have him lower. Like you said, Pyatt is pretty much a guaranteed NHLer at this point who has potential to maybe be a 3rd liner. IMO that warrants his higher ranking.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
  #88
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,825
vCash: 500
Hey, our top 5 prospects actually look good. Top 10 in the league for sure.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
  #89
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,489
vCash: 500
Well, not at #4, but Avtsin's signing now officially makes him a super legitimate prospect. I'd consider him at 6.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:52 PM
  #90
Loner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Sure but there's a very good chance his game doesn't translate to the NHL level. I think he has a high bust potential so I have him lower. Like you said, Pyatt is pretty much a guaranteed NHLer at this point who has potential to maybe be a 3rd liner. IMO that warrants his higher ranking.
I was really disappoint to hear Maxwell saying the he realize last year that he is a third/fourth line center. His top potential is maybe second line center but can he achieve that if he think otherwise?

Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
  #91
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Couldnt decide between Kristo and Leblanc. Went with Leblanc.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
  #92
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I don't get it... all the mods seem to be so high on Mac "Daddy" Bennett...
Does he have some top 4 in him?
Honestly, I've only seen him play one game (World Junior A Challenge gold medal game). He was very good and was named best defenseman of the tourney. The reports on him have been very impressive as well.

Here's the gold medal game:
http://watch.tsn.ca/hockey-canada-ev...sa/#clip232853

Here's a McKeen's interview with him:
http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1018720


I think I'm higher on Quailer and Bennett than most and I'm lower on Nattinen and Weber than most.


Last edited by Watsatheo: 07-15-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.