HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight at 8 PM Ranger beat writer Rick Carpiniello Joins us On The Show

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
  #1
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Tonight at 8 PM Ranger beat writer Rick Carpiniello Joins us On The Show

Rick will be joining us and hopefully he will tell us what was said between him and torts this past season as well as his takes on the moves or non-moves the rangers have made this season.

The Link To Listen :

Ranger Crisis.com

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
  #2
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
i think ill probably listen to this.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:56 PM
  #3
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Carp is going to discuss the Gaborik signing.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:07 PM
  #4
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Good show tonight. First time I listened, I enjoyed it.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:24 PM
  #5
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
nice mouth!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:26 PM
  #6
rangerfan_79
Registered User
 
rangerfan_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Good show tonight. First time I listened, I enjoyed it.
Last few shows have been really good.

Well looks like redden is done.
Per carp the exit interview with redden and tortarella didn't go well.

Nice knowing ya wade..well not really

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
  #7
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
Last few shows have been really good.

Well looks like redden is done.
Per carp the exit interview with redden and tortarella didn't go well.
Can you elaborate on what was said during the radio interview?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
  #8
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can you elaborate on what was said during the radio interview?
Yeah, I'm sure a few of us would like to hear. lol

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
  #9
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I'm sure a few of us would like to hear. lol
anyway to listen again to these shows? can you subscribe on itunes?

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
  #10
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
anyway to listen again to these shows? can you subscribe on itunes?
I'm pretty sure that they are archived on Blog talk radio. Just hit the mouths Blog Talk page, they should be there.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:00 AM
  #11
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can you elaborate on what was said during the radio interview?
nothing unique.

no kovalchuk
redden is done
rangers wanna play the kids
rangers dont particularly care if they make the playoffs or not this year
rangers want McDonagh to make the team
Carp and Muckler didnt get along

thats about all i remember.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:10 AM
  #12
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
nothing unique.

no kovalchuk
redden is done
rangers wanna play the kids
rangers dont particularly care if they make the playoffs or not this year
rangers want McDonagh to make the team
Carp and Muckler didnt get along

thats about all i remember.
What was Carp's choice of words on the bolded subject?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:30 AM
  #13
rangerfan_79
Registered User
 
rangerfan_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can you elaborate on what was said during the radio interview?
http://www.*************.com/blueshirt-banter

just hit the play button and fast forward to carp. They archive all these shows so the one currently up was from tonight.

http://www.blog talk radio .com/blueshirt-banter without the spaces

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:13 AM
  #14
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Good show Mouth........I could do without the silly audio clips but I got some good info out of it.

Keep up the good work man.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
  #15
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What was Carp's choice of words on the bolded subject?
It is what he has concluded will happen after hearing what Torts said at the end of the season, along with his benching during the year after he stated to the media there would be no more entitlement due to contracts and playing time. He said he believed he was talking about Redden and Torts does not want him back so he will be in Hartford since he is untradable.

What I never heard before was that the exit interview between Redden and Torts did not go very well so I think Carp's conclusion is a good one.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:36 AM
  #16
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Sounds like the plan I want to hear.

Stay the course and get rid of Redden

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:53 AM
  #17
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
nothing unique.

no kovalchuk
redden is done
rangers wanna play the kids
rangers dont particularly care if they make the playoffs or not this year
rangers want McDonagh to make the team
Carp and Muckler didnt get along

thats about all i remember.
But they were so intent on making it last year? So frustrating to be a Rangers fan. We could have really loaded up in this draft, but they just had to make it. Now a year later (with basically the same team) they don't care?

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
  #18
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Play the kids.

The plan I've been waiting to hear since since the end of the 1997 run.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
  #19
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
It is what he has concluded will happen after hearing what Torts said at the end of the season, along with his benching during the year after he stated to the media there would be no more entitlement due to contracts and playing time. He said he believed he was talking about Redden and Torts does not want him back so he will be in Hartford since he is untradable.

What I never heard before was that the exit interview between Redden and Torts did not go very well so I think Carp's conclusion is a good one.
Thanks!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
  #20
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But they were so intent on making it last year? So frustrating to be a Rangers fan. We could have really loaded up in this draft, but they just had to make it. Now a year later (with basically the same team) they don't care?
It's just Carp's opinion. I highly doubt John Tortorella or anyone on that roster aren't thinking of not making the playoffs.

If the organization understands that this is part of the process and that making the playoffs might not happen, that's one thing.

But don't assume because Carp is of that opinion that the organization is saying let's make sure we don't make it this year.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
  #21
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
It's just Carp's opinion. I highly doubt John Tortorella or anyone on that roster aren't thinking of not making the playoffs.

If the organization understands that this is part of the process and that making the playoffs might not happen, that's one thing.

But don't assume because Carp is of that opinion that the organization is saying let's make sure we don't make it this year.
Sure, it's just one guy. And I doubt the organization is saying they are trying not to make it. It's just bothersome that they always seem to "get it" a little to late.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
  #22
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Sure, it's just one guy. And I doubt the organization is saying they are trying not to make it. It's just bothersome that they always seem to "get it" a little to late.
Yeah the worst part is the inconsistency. Atleast under Renney they were able to get hot in time to actually make the post season and go into it playing well.

The way it was last year was the worst possible result.

Of course if they have the chance to go into the last game of the season with a chance to make it, they'll sign for it right now I'm sure.

I'm of the belief that you always play to win. Period. Even though we all know this team as currently constructed is not ready to take the next step yet, you still play to win.

This year put us in a situation where we were picking 10 instead of 5 because of how we finished towards the end. So you make your pick and move on. You play the cards your dealt. There's no reason this organization can't continue to get better every single year without tanking or coming in bottom 5 in the league.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
  #23
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
I wanted to than you guys for all the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism. As far as the podcasts they are available on Itunes.

The shows numbers this off season have been unbelievable and off the charts, which shows how diehard Ranger fans are to talk Ranger hockey uncensored and uncut.

The HF Ranger board contingent of course is one of the reasons for our success, I got a chance to meet with some of you at the Ranger draft viewing party and I was so glad to see such rabid and cool Ranger fans.

I am just glad one night a week we have a place to talk Ranger hockey as well as all week come to a board like this one.

Thx - Eddie

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:11 PM
  #24
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
There's no reason this organization can't continue to get better every single year without tanking or coming in bottom 5 in the league.
But of course we said the same when Jagr was here and we had Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Dawes, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Korpikoski, and Montoya on the horizon, with Tyutin, Girardi, Callahan, Hollweg, and Prucha were actually playing for the big club.

With that youth, there was no reason the organization couldn't get better every year.

By last year we'd gotten worse.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:07 PM
  #25
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Carp knows less than some board posters here do.

His opinion of Redden being "gone" doesn't intrigue me one bit.

He's merely an opinion blog writer. He doesn't even follow the team half the year. Sam was much better. RIP.

And yes I know Rick doesn't have the budget etc. Save it. He still sucks.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.