HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The rugged winger we need

Old
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
How about Darcy Tucker? He's still out there, tough as nails and can still score a few.

I can't believe Eric Belanger is still around too. Although I doubt we have the cap room for him.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...on-tucker-more
RE: Tucker
you should post this on hpboards.com
hockeys past boards.

no thanks

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
How about Darcy Tucker? He's still out there, tough as nails and can still score a few.

I can't believe Eric Belanger is still around too. Although I doubt we have the cap room for him.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...on-tucker-more

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Darcy Tucker is rotten and he's old as hell!!!

I'd go after Arron Asham for sure. At least Asham is big and rough, not small like Tucker. If we do sign anybody else after Price is signed....they better be big, rough and tough.....OR they better be Kovalchuk after trading Kostitsyn and Hamrlik!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
NSHabs

This team needs a rugged winger? Really? Travis Moen can handle Chara/Lucic and Thortnon cant he? O'Byrne can handle Carcillo/Hartnell/Pronger/Shelley and Lapierre cant he? What a joke this team has become under this pacifist regime.

NSHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Evil Ted

Darcy Tucker was a result of playing for Toronto, his value was extreemly inflated.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
bib
#believe

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:22 PM
le_sean

Artyukhin is a guy who leaves you wanting a lot more. Sure he'll have flashes of being a monster but he'll also be uninterested 95% of the time and take stupid offensive zone penalties.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
markov`

Artyukhin is the type of guys who could earn 5M a year if he actually had any kind of motivation. I don't want anything to do with that guy, MTL media would rip him appart anyway

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:29 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Artyukhin is a guy who leaves you wanting a lot more. Sure he'll have flashes of being a monster but he'll also be uninterested 95% of the time and take stupid offensive zone penalties.
I get that, but he wouldn't get away with much under Martin's disciplined system and the magnified scope that is Montreal.

It's a risky signing, but I think he can thrive here.

Last edited by bib: 07-15-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
markov`

Pretty sure he would end up in a mass-suicide with AK.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
why do some people have a hard-on for a guy who was called out for being lazy and not caring by his coach last season?
Kovalev

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Bergenheim and Mayers would be my choices for 1 year contract offers to fill out our forward lineup.

Bergenheim isn't exactly a big tough guy but he's a speedy, feisty, two way forward that hits fairly often and has decent hands. IMO he'd be ideal for our bottom 6.

Mayers is a pretty good fighter who's big, pretty fast, hits, tough, and is good at faceoffs. He's getting up there in age but he's another guy imo would be ideal short term player to look at.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Bergenheim and Mayers would be my choices for 1 year contract offers to fill out our forward lineup.

Bergenheim isn't exactly a big tough guy but he's a speedy, feisty, two way forward that hits fairly often and has decent hands. IMO he'd be ideal for our bottom 6.

Mayers is a pretty good fighter who's big, pretty fast, hits, tough, and is good at faceoffs. He's getting up there in age but he's another guy imo would be ideal short term player to look at.
I'm more worried about the 3rd line production if we end up playing Eller at center. Guys like Moen, Lapierre, White, Pyatt, Darche couldn't help him much while representing pretty much what you're looking for: grit, some speed, feisty, and a couple good fighters in Moen and White.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:13 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I'm more worried about the 3rd line production if we end up playing Eller at center. Guys like Moen, Lapierre, White, Pyatt, Darche couldn't help him much while representing pretty much what you're looking for: grit, some speed, feisty, and a couple good fighters in Moen and White.
+1

Exactly one of the reasons I'm hoping for us to pick up Evgeny Artyukhin. He can skate, keep up with the play, and can FIGHT! We are still missing that grit.

Dear Santa,

I know I've been naughty, but...

Last edited by bib: 07-15-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old
07-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Komarov47

Aaron Asham is WAYYYYYYYYYY better. Tucker is almost done, i don't even know if he won't retire if he can't find any team.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
+1

Exactly one of the reasons I'm hoping for us to pick up Evgeny Artyukhin. He can skate, keep up with the play, and can FIGHT! We are still missing that grit.
Do you see him play? I guess no cause he's an horrible skater, seriously.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
If they want more skill from the 3rd line, I think those players can be found internally, and younger and cheaper than the UFA options...Trotter, Desharnais, Maxwell, Pacioretty.

...but I can still see PG signing a cheap(800k-1 mil) veteran reclamation project in the Afinogenov mold. I was hoping for Higgins.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Do you see him play? I guess no cause he's an horrible skater, seriously.
Huh?

Artyukhin? For a guy over 250lbs, he is a great skater. His problem is a lack of focus, too selfish and does not play a team game.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If they want more skill from the 3rd line, I think those players can be found internally, and younger and cheaper than the UFA options...Trotter, Desharnais, Maxwell, Pacioretty.

...but I can still see PG signing a cheap(800k-1 mil) veteran reclamation project in the Afinogenov mold. I was hoping for Higgins.
Are you serious?

Quote:
Huh?

Artyukhin? For a guy over 250lbs, he is a great skater. His problem is a lack of focus, too selfish and does not play a team game.
Antropov is faster than him, Artyukhin skate well, it's not the same as speed skating.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
+1

Dear Santa,

I know I've been naughty, but...

Lack of grit is one of his biggest faults. He shows up 1 game every 5 or 6. When he fights it's not to defend teammates, and he takes dumb penalities.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Are you serious?
Why not? He is still young, has had seasons over 25 goals, can kill penalities and also play a defensive role. My only concern about him is off ice.

Old
07-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Why not? He is still young, has had seasons over 25 goals, can kill penalities and also play a defensive role. My only concern about him is off ice.
It always makes me smile when i think about all the Habs fan who all thought Higgins was the next captain LOL He's a usefull 4th liner, this guy was once good, but he failed in NY, where he was supossed to explose, he was worst than bad in Calgary, i fear what will be his season with Florida...

Old
07-15-2010, 06:47 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Lack of grit is one of his biggest faults. He shows up 1 game every 5 or 6. When he fights it's not to defend teammates, and he takes dumb penalities.
I'm well aware of his past, and I stand by my comments.

I know signing him is as likely as us landing Kovulchuk. We're in supreme conservative mode as far as signings go at the moment.

With that said, understand that certain players can thrive when circumstances are correct for them.

No offense to you. But people around here are acting as if they own a time machine.
My opinion may not be popular, but it's no less than anybody else's.

Old
07-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It always makes me smile when i think about all the Habs fan who all thought Higgins was the next captain LOL He's a usefull 4th liner, this guy was once good, but he failed in NY, where he was supossed to explose, he was worst than bad in Calgary, i fear what will be his season with Florida...
You must have missed the part where I called him a RECLAMATION PROJECT. Worst case he is a solid defensive player that chips in 10-15 on the bottom 6, well worth the gamble as long as he is a good citizen off ice.

Old
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
jamz

Artyukhin

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Boyd - Eller - R2K
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Darche - Trotter

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
O'Byrne

Price
Auld

Solid line up... could use a top 6 winger to move AK or Pouliot on the 3rd line with Eller and Boyd though...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Fozz

All the spots should go to guys that played in Hamilton last year. Let's give some motivation for the kids to show up at camp and battle for the remaining roster spots.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote