Juraj Roznik, Swift Current Broncos, WHL 0 0%
Juraj Holly, Calgary Hitmen, WHL 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-30-2010, 03:30 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Slovaks in CHL Import draft - most impact in next season

Who do you think will have most impact to his team in the next CHL season?

1. Martin Marinčin, Prince George Cougars, WHL
9. Lukáš Cingeľ, Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL
13. Marek Tvrdoň, Vancouver Giants, WHL
18. Matúš Matis, Chicoutimi Sagueneens, QMJHL
28. Michal Hlinka, Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL
39. Dávid Bajaník, Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL
45. Mário Kuráli, Acadie-Bathurst Titans, QMJHL
56. Michal Čajkovský, Kingston Frontenacs, OHL
57. Andrej Šťastný, Saskatoon Blades, WHL
91. Juraj Rožník, Swift Current Broncos, WHL
120. Juraj Hollý, Calgary Hitmen, WHL

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:09 AM
slovakiasnextone

I´m a bit torn on this between Marinčina nd Tvrdoň- although I voted Tvrdoň accidentally I have to say Marinčin, becaus ehe is a year older, more experienced and while I´m not sure what the Giants´ situation is, the Cougars seem to lack any deffensive depth, so Marinčin has a great chance to be their top pairing D from the start.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
chsb

Have you got any info on Mario Kurali?

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Kamzik

While there is no doubting Tvrdon's talent, there was a question about his conditioning. I think he even admitted it himself.

Anyhow, as has been written above, Marincin is older and will probably have a pretty important role on Prince George.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Have you got any info on Mario Kurali?
Here is an interview with Mario Kurali, I have translated it to English for you:

Defenseman, born 17. 1. 1992
Stats Last Season:
HK Poprad (Extraliga U20)- 36 games, 6+13, +24, 26 PIM
HK Poprad (Extraliga U18)- 10 games, 1+4, +6, 2 PIM

Q. Did you follow the import draft? What did you think when you learned that you were selected by a Canadian junior team?
M.K. I of course knew about the draft, negotiations had already begun long beforehand. My agent Dusan Bartanus was in contact with two clubs where the discussion was serious. I personally didn't watch the draft, but there was a lot of nervousness that was relieved after I received a telephone call in the evening from my agent.
Q. Will you be playing in Slovakia or in eastern Canada?
M.K. I am getting ready to go overseas. It is an offer which has inspired me to train hard and improve all aspects of my game.
Q. The dream of most hokey players is to get to the NHL. Do you think that playing Canadian Major Junior will help you get drafted?
M.K. I think it is one of several good routes to take. The NHL is of course the dream of every hockey player since they are young. I will first have to focus on making it in Canadian Junior and perform such that both my ice time and level of play increase.
Q. Another Slovak, Radovan Pulis, will again attempt another comeback in a Titan uniform. That will make adjustment to Canadian style hockey and life in Canada a little easier right? Have you already contacted Rado for some advice?
M.K. Yes, it is true that Radovan and I both know each other and I'm really looking forward to playing with him on Acadie-Bathurst. The adjustment will certainly be easier since there will be the two of us Slovaks, especially since my English is not yet very strong [Kamzik note: French might also be useful if you are playing in that part of New Brunswick.]
Q. The QMJHL is taken as being more offensive-minded than others in the CHL, but it still is a Canadian league. Are you prepared to adapt to the tougher, faster, more contact style hockey?
M.K. Two months ago I took part in a two week camp in Drummondville [Quebec] and I had the opportunity to see some playoff games, which impressed me with the high level of play in all aspects. I have always been attracted to this kind of tough game which unfortunately they do not prefer in Slovakia, so I am glad that I will get the opportunity next season.
Q. Does being drafted into Canadian Junior increase your appetite for summer training?
M.K. Yes it does motivate me towards the single goal of getting better and being prepared for the season so that I can justify my selection [in the import draft].

Old
07-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Kamzik

I will translate some info on Marek Tvrdon also as I believe him to be an important Slovak prospect.

Left Wing, born 31. 1. 1993
Stats Last Season:
HK Nitra (Extraliga) - 7 games, 0+0, -1, 2 PIM
HK Nitra (Extraliga U20)- 45 games, 25+31, +10, 90 PIM

Q. For the chance to play in to the NHL, the paths one could follow include playing at a young age in the Extraliga through the Orange 20 project in Puchov, or perhaps the easier route of playing Canadian Major Junior. You were taken 13th in the import draft by the Vancouver Giants. Where will you fight for your dream of getting to the NHL?
M.T. I will certainly fight for a spot in the 2011 NHL draft in western Canada. I hope that will be the path to the NHL. I will see how things look and work there. I heard that the Giants are a great team, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Q. What are your thoughts on adjusting to the North American style of hockey and way of life? Where are you in terms of for example your English?
M.T. You know what, I don't speak any English. I'll worry about it once I get to Vancouver. My learning of English so far hasn't gone well, but I try to at least learn some phrases [smile].
Q. The WHL is taken as being the toughest of the Canadian Junior leagues. Are you ready to adapt to it?
M.T. Of course I am. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be going there.
Q. Your cousin Stefan Ruzicka, also went from Nitra to Canadian Major Junior, but unlike you, to the OHL [Owen Sound Attack] where in 2 seasons in 62 games he each collected 72 and 70 points respectively. Will you surpass him? Have you made any bets with him that you will be more successful in Canada than he?
M.T. No, no. I haven't been with him [since getting selected] but he set the bar quite high with those numbers. Of course I'll try to surpass him because I also love scoring goals and getting points as he does.

[Kamzik note, this entire blog entry in the Slovak language, is great and deserves a read: http://kvasnica.blog.sme.sk/c/234508...h-hracov.html]

Old
07-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I will translate some info on Marek Tvrdon also as I believe him to be an important Slovak prospect.

Left Wing, born 31. 1. 1993
Stats Last Season:
HK Nitra (Extraliga) - 7 games, 0+0, -1, 2 PIM
HK Nitra (Extraliga U20)- 45 games, 25+31, +10, 90 PIM

Q. For the chance to play in to the NHL, the paths one could follow include playing at a young age in the Extraliga through the Orange 20 project in Puchov, or perhaps the easier route of playing Canadian Major Junior. You were taken 13th in the import draft by the Vancouver Giants. Where will you fight for your dream of getting to the NHL?
M.T. I will certainly fight for a spot in the 2011 NHL draft in western Canada. I hope that will be the path to the NHL. I will see how things look and work there. I heard that the Giants are a great team, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Q. What are your thoughts on adjusting to the North American style of hockey and way of life? Where are you in terms of for example your English?
M.T. You know what, I don't speak any English. I'll worry about it once I get to Vancouver. My learning of English so far hasn't gone well, but I try to at least learn some phrases [smile].
Q. The WHL is taken as being the toughest of the Canadian Junior leagues. Are you ready to adapt to it?
M.T. Of course I am. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be going there.
Q. Your cousin Stefan Ruzicka, also went from Nitra to Canadian Major Junior, but unlike you, to the OHL [Owen Sound Attack] where in 2 seasons in 62 games he each collected 72 and 70 points respectively. Will you surpass him? Have you made any bets with him that you will be more successful in Canada than he?
M.T. No, no. I haven't been with him [since getting selected] but he set the bar quite high with those numbers. Of course I'll try to surpass him because I also love scoring goals and getting points as he does.

[Kamzik note, this entire blog entry in the Slovak language, is great and deserves a read: http://kvasnica.blog.sme.sk/c/234508...h-hracov.html]
This is insane. Many hockey players dream about playing in Canada, English is easy language, it is all around us and they cannot learn it? C'mon

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:14 AM
begbeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
This is insane. Many hockey players dream about playing in Canada, English is easy language, it is all around us and they cannot learn it? C'mon
They are mostly only hockey players. Dont idealize them.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
They are mostly only hockey players. Dont idealize them.
I know that words "hockey player" and "idealize" don't belong to one sentence

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote