HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hunter's working on getting Tinordi

Old
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
I hope Tinordi goes to where he can best develop. From what I hear the US college system isn't a bad place but because Tinordi can play a lot more games in London with a winning organization and is there with someone who played with his dad who obviously had a simliar style I'd have to say that London would be a better fit.

Maybe he just wants to go to ND to bulk up and then go play in London once he's a bigger hulk of beef.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
maxpower2010*

This should be a no-brainer. We've wasted enough players by letting them pu**yfoot around with the lax NCAA mindset. The Habs should apply some pressure here if they know what's good for them.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Hope that Tinordi will go to London!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
This should be a no-brainer. We've wasted enough players by letting them pu**yfoot around with the lax NCAA mindset. The Habs should apply some pressure here if they know what's good for them.
Absolutely, since the lockout the CHL has proven time and time again they are a superior development league turning out the most NHL ready players.

Im tired of our college draft picks turning into AHL lifers.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
Absolutely, since the lockout the CHL has proven time and time again they are a superior development league turning out the most NHL ready players.

Im tired of our college draft picks turning into AHL lifers.
Here's our NCAA picks, I went back to '94.

'94- none
'95- none
'96- Bret Clarke- 517 NHL games
'97- Ben Guite- 175 games NHL
'98- Craig Murray- never signed
'99- Chris Dyment- never signed, Matt Shabsy- ECHL/AHL
'00- Ron Hainsey- 406 games NHL, Ryan Glenn- never signed, Scott Selig- never signed
'01- Mike Komisarek- 395 NHL games
'02- Chris Higgins- 349 NHL games
'03- Ryan O'Byrne- 125 NHL games
'04- JT Wyman- 3 NHL games, 2 pro seasons under his belt, Jon Gleed-AHLer
'05- Philippe Paquet- not signed
'06- Fischer- not signed
'07- Ryan McDonagh- traded, Max Pacioretty- 86 NHL games, Joe Stejskal-will be a senior, Andrew Conboy-left NCAA, Scott Kishel- will be a junior
'08 Patrick Johnson- will be a senior

Other then Murray, Dyment, Shasby, Glenn, Selig, Gleed and Paquet, all of our NCAA picks have gone on to be regulars in the NHL for the most part. Too early to tell for the '07 guys and sooner although I doubt Johnson gets a contract.

Fischer should get some interest after august 15th I'd wager.

Last edited by montreal: 07-15-2010 at 11:17 AM.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Here's our NCAA picks, I went back to '94.

'94- none
'95- none
'96- Bret Clarke- 517 NHL games
'97- Ben Guite- 175 games NHL
'98- Craig Murray- never signed
'99- Chris Dyment- never signed, Matt Shabsy- ECHL/AHL
'00- Ron Hainsey- 406 games NHL, Ryan Glenn- never signed, Scott Selig- never signed
'01- Mike Komisarek- 395 NHL games
'02- Chris Higgins- 349 NHL games
'03- Ryan O'Byrne- 125 NHL games
'04- JT Wyman- 3 NHL games, 2 pro seasons under his belt, Jon Gleed-AHLer
'05- Philippe Paquet- not signed
'06- none
'07- Ryan McDonagh- traded, Max Pacioretty- 86 NHL games, Joe Stejskal-will be a senior, Andrew Conboy-left NCAA, Scott Kishel- will be a junior
'08 Patrick Johnson- will be a senior

Other then Murray, Dyment, Shasby, Glenn, Selig, Gleed and Paquet, all of our NCAA picks have gone on to be regulars in the NHL for the most part. Too early to tell for the '07 guys and sooner although I doubt Johnson gets a contract.
Uhh Fischer?

Old
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Dale Hunter clearly hit him from behind after the goal. Jeez. Shame on you guys for letting that travesty go on for a page and a half.
It was more from the side as I recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, but at what cost??? He'll be a little s***... well okay, a friggin tall s***.

BTW, do the Knights have his rights, cuz if they don't, he could always try some other OHL team...

Now really I'm both surprised and sarcastic when I don't see the usual alarmists come around, and none of them goes berserk over how Sergei turned out as he was Hunter's pupil.

So what is it my fickle friends? When it's a Habs matter, the org always does mistakes and oh we never hear the end of it, and I'm sure Sergei is part of that in your minds, but but but, Hunter was the one who groomed him... yet NO fault lies on Hunter! Not a single alarmist has come here and screamed "OH NO, HE'LL DO THE SAME TO JARRED AS HE DID TO SERGEI!!!"

I mean, it's right up your ally. Oh, right, I forgot, Hunter is spotless and the Habs always do mistakes.

I love sarcasm
Too much coffee?

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
TinordiandSubban

"One year and then gone, just like Carlson."

We need him to replace Hal Gill next year.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I also hope he goes to London,his choice what ever makes the kid happy

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
So there's still hope. Would be nice to have another CHLer in the prospect crop.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I hope Tinordi goes to where he can best develop. From what I hear the US college system isn't a bad place but because Tinordi can play a lot more games in London with a winning organization and is there with someone who played with his dad who obviously had a simliar style I'd have to say that London would be a better fit.

Maybe he just wants to go to ND to bulk up and then go play in London once he's a bigger hulk of beef.
The best place in the world to develop for the NHL is the OHL - especially in the last 5-7 years. It's clear.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Kenny Powders

In the ''Journal de Montréal'' today, theres a picture of Tinordi, and Theres ''H. Gill 75'' Written on the glove.

GILL GLOVE ARE IN MONTRÉAL!!!!

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

I'd rather him go to London. The NCAA system rubs me the wrong way. The argument for him going the NCAA route is that he'll have more time to 'bulk up'. It doesn't seem to have done miracles for Leblanc, who needs to bulk up far more than tinordi does. He's already 204 lbs, granted he's 6'6. He'll gain muscle if he goes the OHL route as well, and get to play more games to boot. I'd like him to be under someone that teaches him how to use that mean side.

And if some of you think that hunter hasn't matured and grown since the turgeon incident, grow up.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
In the ''Journal de Montréal'' today, theres a picture of Tinordi, and Theres ''H. Gill 75'' Written on the glove.

GILL GLOVE ARE IN MONTRÉAL!!!!
Did you see the big mean clouds in the sky 2 days ago? It was his left glove's shadow.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

And if some of you think that hunter hasn't matured and grown since the turgeon incident, grow up.
I don't think he has, and that is what made him such a special player. He played with great emotion and heart, sometimes over the edge, but he was a great team player.

You don't just lose that part of your character because you aren't playing any more. I mean, I feel like doing what Hunter did to Turgeon in our Beer League games when the other team scores sometimes.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I don't think he has, and that is what made him such a special player. He played with great emotion and heart, sometimes over the edge, but he was a great team player.

You don't just lose that part of your character because you aren't playing any more. I mean, I feel like doing what Hunter did to Turgeon in our Beer League games when the other team scores sometimes.
I didn't mean that he's lost his edge, or that mentality, but as you get older you learn to keep yourself in check more, especially when he's in a position like a coach. He wouldn't be able to be a coach if he was constantly losing his **** on players.

Maurice richard once lost it and knocked out a linesman and broke his stick over another player's back, would I have not wanted our prospects around him? Come on people.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Habs13

London would be best, I feel. As for bulking up... you can do that anywhere. Proper diet + gym + good trainer = results.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
I'd rather him go to London. The NCAA system rubs me the wrong way. The argument for him going the NCAA route is that he'll have more time to 'bulk up'. It doesn't seem to have done miracles for Leblanc, who needs to bulk up far more than tinordi does. He's already 204 lbs, granted he's 6'6. He'll gain muscle if he goes the OHL route as well, and get to play more games to boot. I'd like him to be under someone that teaches him how to use that mean side.

I hate the bulking up excuse for going the NCAA route. Bulk can only take you so far, and at a certain point you need functional strength to go with it. That's where muscle recovery and cardio come into play hockey-wise. That's also where you'll see the benefits of getting used to an 80+ game schedule and the rigours that come with it. Tinordi should be using his time off to improve his playing shape, and not looking at the weak NCAA season as a time to do so.

It's not like this kid is 160 pounds. He needs to focus on his hockey skills first and foremost. Even if he adds just 5 pounds a year he'll be 216 come his first AHL season. Size isn't an issue for this kid.

Old
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Tinordi has nothing to do with Leblanc, you can't compare their body types. Leblanc has a thin frame, but not everyone can bulk up. When I first saw him in the USHL at 17, I thought he had a frame similiar to that of Mike Ribieiro.

Tinordi said he's now at 212.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
NOOOOOO!!

Have you seen what happened to Sergei???

Forget development, Kane is a little ****, Sergei is a little ****, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gagner is too.

Dale friggin Hunter was a sore loser. I know it's been decades since he broke Turgeon's arm with his stick after getting eliminated, but that's really not the kinda guy I want developing our young prospects. I mean, look at what happened to Sergei.

Hunter was a little ****, isn't it surprising Kane and Sergei turned out like that?

Oh yeah, so just no one gets their panties in a bunch... I'm being mildly sarcastic.

Dude, you think Sergei and Gagner are winners???

Kane and Perry were already winners before they went with him, they were already extremely talented. What Hunter taught them is how to be little ****s and how to play like little ****s who have a sense of entitlement.

Hunter is such a winner, when he lost in game 7 of the conference quarter finals of 93 against the Isles, after Turgeon scored the game/series winner, he went and took his two hands on his stick and took a wild swing at Turgeon's arm, which broke, and Turgeon missed the rest of the playoffs.

If you ask me, that's just the same brand of egotism displayed by Sergei here, and by Kane in the cab incident.
Seriously? You're blaming Hunter because Sergei is a ******? You think that the man that Sergei and Kane became is because of Hunter?
This is the funniest post I've read in years

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:35 PM
guest1467

I don't care where he goes. I am one of those who believe in the player more than the environment. If Tinordi wants to become a better player and a Hab, he can do it in either London or ND.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Seriously? You're blaming Hunter because Sergei is a ******? You think that the man that Sergei and Kane became is because of Hunter?
This is the funniest post I've read in years
If you are referring to your own post then yes. Re-read his post again, carefully and then post, maybe you won't sound so ridiculous.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:54 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
The best place in the world to develop for the NHL is the OHL - especially in the last 5-7 years. It's clear.
Add to that the Hunters are responsible for a lot of young guys making it to the NHL. I'd say the OHL is superior to most any junior league in the world but for specific issues i.e. bulking up, education, connections etc there are other options and the NCAA offers those as well. Sometimes prospects make decisions based not solely on "hockey" matters but also take in to consideration other things. That's obviously the case or we'de see nothing but players in the OHL.

All I'm saying is that I hope Tinordo goes to where he can best make the adjustments and fine tuning he needs to. On the face of it, it looks to me as well that London is a better choice for his development. Whether he needs bulking up at ND or learning the game from Hunter isn't up to me or you. I hope he goes where he will be most improved and a better player for us in the future, that's the most important thing. Besides, players like Cammy, Towes etc turnded out pretty good.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

He already has a bit of a mean streak, so imagine what the Hunter brothers will invoke from him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote