HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens Lineup Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
  #1
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Montreal Canadiens Lineup Thread

I suggest to creat a thread were everyone could show his own line up for the Habs next season.

Here's mine :

A.K46-Plek-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Boyd-Pyatt

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Gill-Gorges
Spacek
Bergeron
(depends the opponent)

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:27 AM
  #2
Kebekoi
Registered User
 
Kebekoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Matane, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
I suggest to creat a thread were everyone could show his own line up for the Habs next season.

Here's mine :

A.K46-Plek-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Boyd-Pyatt

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Gill-Gorges
Spacek
Bergeron
(depends the opponent)
A thread already exist and Bergeron will play in LNAH next season.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:28 AM
  #3
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
A thread already exist and Bergeron will play in LNAH next season.
My bad ! Damn i didn't even get that Bergeron signed in LNAH!

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:31 AM
  #4
Kebekoi
Registered User
 
Kebekoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Matane, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
My bad ! Damn i didn't even get that Bergeron signed in LNAH!


I didn't meant to troll you. Bergeron is "drafted" by a team in the semi-pro Quebec garage league. I wonder if he will go here or to Europe next season.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:34 AM
  #5
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Boyd - Eller - ??
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
O'Byrne

Price
Auld

If we could sign Kariya (or Selanne but he said he didn't want to play outside Cali) and have this offense:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Kariya - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - boyd
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche

or if we can sign Frolov at 4.5M and dump Andrei Kostitsyn:

Cammaleri - Plekanec - Frolov
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Boyd - Eller - ??
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
  #6
yanokovich
Registered User
 
yanokovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Camalleri-Plekanec-Engqvist
Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-White
Moen-Pyatt-Lapierre
Darche-Boyd

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
O'Byrne

yanokovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
  #7
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Boyd - Eller - ??
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
O'Byrne

Price
Auld

If we could sign Kariya (or Selanne but he said he didn't want to play outside Cali) and have this offense:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Kariya - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - boyd
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche

or if we can sign Frolov at 4.5M and dump Andrei Kostitsyn:

Cammaleri - Plekanec - Frolov
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Boyd - Eller - ??
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt
Trotter - Darche
I would give a shot to Frolov, but neither Kariya or Selanne, too old. I really doubt about Frolov behaviour and commitment.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
  #8
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Kariya still plays very well, last year was a terrible year for the Blues, but he is still a very competent 2nd line winger.

As for Selanne he scored 48pts (27-21) in 54 games last year on a struggling Ducks team, I'd take him any day

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
  #9
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
Cammalleri Plekanec Kostitsyn
Pouliot Gomez Gionta
Moen Eller Avtsyn
Lapierre Boyd Pyatt
Pac

Markov Gorges
Subban Hamrlik
Spacek Gill
O'byrne

And I predict Avtsyn will start in Montreal! Would be good to put him or Max Pac with Eller instead of Boyd and Lap.

ClasslessGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
  #10
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Boyd is a 3rd line player. He has way more offensive skills than Moen. He never really got his chance in Calgary to play on the top 6, but if he was given the chance to play in an offensive role with capable linesmates he could be a very useful 3rd line winger.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
  #11
ManixLiquid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
My dream 10-11 line-up (I know, it ain't gonna happen but would be cool)

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Avtsin
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre

Extra: Darche, Pyatt

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges

Extra: O'Byrne

Price
Auld

*Can switch Kostitsyn and Avtsin depending on performance of both players)

ManixLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
  #12
HabFan1975
Registered User
 
HabFan1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Gatineau
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
actual line up

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
Ak-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pyatt-Eller-Trotter
Lapierre-Boyd-(Moen-White)

Darche-Maxwell

we have too many forwards

Subban-Markov
Spacek-Hammer
Gil-Gorges
Obyrne

dream line up

Gionta-Gomez-Ryan
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Pouliot
Trotter-Eller-Pacioretty
Lapierre-Boyd-White
Darche

Subban-Markov
Spacek-Obyrne
Gil-Gorges
carle

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
  #13
ManixLiquid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
actual line up

dream line up

Gionta-Gomez-Ryan
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Pouliot
Trotter-Eller-Pacioretty
Lapierre-Boyd-White
Darche
Bobby Ryan?

ManixLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
  #14
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
Boyd is better at the center so... fourth line.

Eller needs to be with talented guy, Max Pax, Avtsyn, Trotter, Desharnais, Kostitsyn etc. don't put him between Pyat and Lapierre. If we could get a LW for Gomez and Gionta we could put Kostitsyn on the third with Eller.

ClasslessGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
  #15
Kebekoi
Registered User
 
Kebekoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Matane, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Realist approach with a little space in case of injuries. Price could earn less in a 1-year-prove-yourself contract.
I'm putting Spacek in Gill's place because he's less useful in the regular season when referees aren't wearing blindfolds. It also have the benefits of putting less strain on Spacek and having 3 pairs of Def-Off defensemen.
There will be a battle in camp for the two 4th line winger spots.


2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
Benoit Pouliot ($1.350m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.271m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m)
Ryan White ($0.850m) / Dustin Boyd ($0.650m) / Tom Pyatt ($0.500m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m)
GOALTENDERS
* Carey Price ($2.500m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; CARRY-OVER PENALTY: $0.069m;
PAYROLL: $58.447m; CAP ROOM: $1.593m; BONUSES: $0.640m


Last edited by Kebekoi: 07-15-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
  #16
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp10 View Post
Boyd is better at the center so... fourth line.

Eller needs to be with talented guy, Max Pax, Avtsyn, Trotter, Desharnais, Kostitsyn etc. don't put him between Pyat and Lapierre. If we could get a LW for Gomez and Gionta we could put Kostitsyn on the third with Eller.
+1
I don't really know if Eller is a puck moving forward or a power forward or else, so i'd like to see how it looks a line with Eller-Lapierre. Why not pair Kosty and Eller if MTL can bring a top two forward?!

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
  #17
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Boyd is pretty decent on faceoffs, but he is not a playmaker. He has a good shot and can protect the puck along the boards. IMO he would be better suited as a winger. Not to mention at this time he is better than all the guys you mentionned. Haven't seen much of Avtsin, but IMO he will (and should) start the year in Hamilton. Boyd would complement Eller pretty well I think, better than Pacioretty who can't score or Trotter/Desharnais/Moen/whoever you want to play Eller with...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
  #18
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
In 2 years at pro level, in 146 games Pacioretty scored a total of 15 goals, playing in offensive situations (top 6) most of that time, be it in Hamilton or Montréal. He needs to stay a full year in Hamilton and bag some goals. A winger who can't score isn't useful unless he has Hemsky hockey sense and passing.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
  #19
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
In 2 years at pro level, in 146 games Pacioretty scored a total of 15 goals, playing in offensive situations (top 6) most of that time, be it in Hamilton or Montréal. He needs to stay a full year in Hamilton and bag some goals. A winger who can't score isn't useful unless he has Hemsky hockey sense and passing.
I'm not saying Pacioretty will ever be close to Hemsky, but he's more of a playmaking forward than a sniper. I still agree that he needs to put some pucks in the net though.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
  #20
goforit
Registered User
 
goforit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
actual line up

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
Ak-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pyatt-Eller-Trotter
Lapierre-Boyd-(Moen-White)

Darche-Maxwell

we have too many forwards

Subban-Markov
Spacek-Hammer
Gil-Gorges
Obyrne

dream line up

Gionta-Gomez-Ryan
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Pouliot
Trotter-Eller-Pacioretty
Lapierre-Boyd-White
Darche

Subban-Markov
Spacek-Obyrne
Gil-Gorges
carle

Hmmm... you know that Gionta is a RW and Pouliot a LW... right?

And I'd like to know which player you would send to ANA to get Ryan (I assume you're talking about Bobby?).

Same for Markov and Subban.


Last edited by goforit: 07-15-2010 at 11:06 AM.
goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
  #21
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Boyd - Lapierre
Moen - Pyatt - White
Darche - Trotter

Markov - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges
O'byrne

Price
Auld

If Markov is injured:
Spacek - Subban
Hamrlik - O'byrne or Carle
Gill - Gorges

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
  #22
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Hmmm... you know that Gionta is a RW and Pouliot a LW... right?

And I'd like to know which player you would send to ANA to get Ryan (I assume you're talking about Bobby?).
Kostitsyn Pyatt and Moen aren't in the dream line up

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
  #23
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,499
vCash: 400
I think MaxPac, Trotter and White will be the three prospects battling for a spot this year, they're represented below by 'xxx':

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
xxx-Eller-Boyd
Moen-Pyatt-Lapierre
xxx

Markov-Subban
Spacek-Hamrlik
OByrne/Gill-Gorges


and if Markov is out for any time

Spacek-Hamrlik
Subban-OByrne
Gill-Gorges
Carle

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
  #24
Rammztar
 
Rammztar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rammztar
AKost-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Eller-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Boyd-Moen
Pyatt-Lapierre- XXX

Markov*-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges

Price
Auld

*When healthy...
XXX: open slot for training camp, could switch with Moen depending on production. Contender (IMO) : White....need grit in this spot.

Patches,Desharnais etc need some more seasoning.

Rammztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:10 AM
  #25
Tom Terrific
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
A.Kostitsyn - T.Plekanec - M.Cammalleri
B.Pouliot - S.Gomez - B.Gionta
D.Boyd - L.Eller - M.Lapierre
T.Moen - T.Pyatt - M.Pacioretty

M.Darche -


A.Markov - J.Spacek
R.Hamrlik - P.K.Subban
H.Gill - J.Gorges

R.O'Byrne


C.Price
A.Auld

Tom Terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.