Old
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Says the person with the avatar of HAL.
I can't find my grumpy dwarf avatar... going to look for it.

Name: <intentionally left blank. you don't need to know. >
Fav All time Minnesota player: Mike Ramsey. I have a lot of respect for the guy and really wish he would have been named head coach instead of Richards.
Fav Current Wild: Hard to decide, but right now, Harding would be the choice. He seemed to be the one I got upset about the most when he was forced to play injured. Otherwise, I'm sort of down on the entire roster right now.
Fav Non Wild Players: Owen Nolan. lol
Fav Wild Prospect: Again, hard to point at any one and say they are my favorite. It used to be Gillies until he cried when he got sent to Houston. There is no crying in hockey unless you just won the Cup.
Fav Non Wild Prospects: Tyler Bozak. I started paying attention to him while he was at the UofD mostly because of the name. I like his style of play and hope he succeeds. Because I've had the "Bozak" nickname forever, I would really like him on the Wild just so I can get my hometeam jersey with my nickname on it and have it official.
Fav Movies: *shrugs* Far too many to name, but the ones I turn on for brain bleech are Iron Man, The Fifth Element, and the Kill Bill movies.
Music: Exceptionally varied. Was just listening to Simon and Garfunkel last night, but was listening to Lords of Acid the night before...
Hobbies: Recovering WoW addict. Replaced it with hockey.
Fav food: I have issues with food.
Fav Beer: Don't drink.
Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Wild recent moment; Being at the Khudobin relief effort. Effin amazing. How I became a fan; Great Uncle got me into hockey when I was 5 by watching the Miracle on Ice series on TV and then taking me to several Webster City amateur league games. He skated competitively until he was 89 and was big into the youth movement in northern Iowa.
How long I have been a Wild fan: As a serious fan? 2006-2007. I didn't start analyzing every game and every player until 2008, though, when Pouliot scored against Calgary. Thought it was a fluke, but friends disagreed with me, saying he has a "ton of talent".
Origin of screen name: In college, I couldn't think of a name for my Changling character. A friend mimicked my voice and said "Bozak". It was a race of villain (draconians) in a fantasy series (Dragonlance). It stuck with a lot of people using it as my nickname. When I asked him a few weeks later how he came up with it, he shrugged and said he thought it rhymed with Prozac. I've used it (and Sqare, different origin, pronounced Scare, not Square) as my online handle ever since, including MMOs, FPSs, and forums. I actually answer to it. Wife even calls me Bozak when I get randomly pissy at the world.
Jerseys owned: Nolan (red), Backstrom (red), Green Practice Jersey, Red Practice Jersey, Aeros Jersey.
Married?: Yes
Kids: Do Dogs count?

Old
06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I can't find my grumpy dwarf avatar... going to look for it.
Sorry, I just thought that was funny for some odd reason.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bozak, did you ever play Planetside? That was my crack cocaine for a while in college. Holy **** was that game fun.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:21 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Name: Anonymous.
Fav All time Minnesota player: Gaborik--most electrifying player we've had.
Fav Current Wild: Clutterbuck. Would say Nolan but...
Fav Non Wild Players: Kesler, Toews, Doan. Newer players that might very well become faves in Giroux and Stamkos.
Fav Wild Prospect: Gillies. I'm thinking he'll have no problems fitting in on his next trip up to the NHL.
Fav Non Wild Prospects: Zack Kassian--whom the wild should have picked instead of trading down to snag Leddy. Exactly what our team needs.
Fav Movies: Army of Darkness, Blade Runner, Fifth Element (multipass!), Dark City, Blackhawk Down, Holy Grail. All I've seen countless times and still will stop and watch while flipping through channels.
Music: All over the place...Screeching Weasel, KMFDM, any James Russell Mercer project, Leonard Cohen, Dean and Britta, Black Flag, Fugazi, Massive Attack, Gorillaz, Pavement, Sigur Ros, Pixies, any Jenny Lewis project, Grateful Dead, Nick Cave, Modest Mouse, Nirvana
Hobbies: video games, reading (alternate between escapist sci-fi schlock--love me some Warhammer 40k-- and contemporary fiction--currently Let the Right One In)
Fav food: Curry--Thai or Indian. That and good ice cream. by good i mean "real" not that ***** "frozen dairy desert" Edys is peddling now. I figure 13g of fat per serving will do nicely.
Fav Beer: Delerium Tremens
Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Most viscerally intense moment was Boogaard skating onto the ice after the Wild/Ducks scrum. I have that chant on my Ipod. The crowd was insane with bloodlust.
How long I have been a Wild fan: a casual fan since the team inception. Rabid, DVRing every game fan when i got my companies season tickets by default in '07 (the GM wasn't from here, didn't like hockey and didn't think anyone else did--just used them for the occasional client but 90% of the time unused).
Origin of screen name: has to do with a sound i used to make.
Jerseys owned: green Skoula. no joke. signed. I felt like a one-man campaign for the poor guy..."Skoula--he's not that bad." it was pretty much a pity buy as I'm not a jersey kind of guy.
Married?: yes, very happily. I'm still a bit baffled.
Kids: animals. a Border Collie/lab X, a Yorkie-Poo, and three cats. And some fish.

Old
06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Andy Wild

Newbie!

Long-time lurker here, but with the pick-up in activity and the general good vibe I'm sensing ... well, here I am. Bit of a fish outta water being a Canadian in here, but sometimes enjoy the less pretentious approach of fans from the U.S. and abroad.

Name: My forum name is my real name.
Fav All time Minnesota player: Bobby Smith. Was my favourite player growing up until he went to Montreal.
Fav Current Wild: Mikko Koivu
Fav Non Wild Players: Duncan Keith
Fav Wild Prospect: Marco Scandella.
Fav Non Wild Prospects: Jordan Schroeder
Fav Movies: Anything Peter Weir directed.
Music: Anything and everything, depending on mood. Liking Jazz lately.
Hobbies: Skiing, cross-country skiing, mountain biking, hiking, anything else outdoors in any season.
Fav food: Greek.
Fav Beer: Rickard's Red and Rickard's White.
Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Despite being born and raised in British Columbia and now living between two teams in Alberta, I dug the North Stars as a kid because I liked green, simple as that. But the team eventually lured me in, plus I thought it was rebellious being a fan of a team from further afield. Thought the inflatible Dino the Dinosaurs were pretty freaking cool too. When the Stars pulled the chute i switched to cheering for Chicago and didn't really come back to cheering for Minnesota immediately.
How long I have been a Wild fan: Started flirting with the team about 2003. Got hooked for good after the lockout. Not sure why ... certainly wasn't the style of play. My wife's relatives from Minnesota and North Dakota spent the entire family reunion trying to convince me that it was predestined because of my last name. Guess they convinced me. They're great people and really left an impact on me.
Origin of screen name: It's my real name, well actually Andrew Wild is, but I shortened it for the site.
Jerseys owned: Bobby Smith (green N. Stars), Backstrom (red), Morneau (Twins), blank Flames (red), blank Senators (first road black after re-entry to NHL).
Married?: Yes
Kids: Three of them. None like hockey ... weird for Canadian kids, but think the Wild is cool because of the name.

Old
06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wild View Post
Name: My forum name is my real name.
Then you must've been thrilled to have the team named the "Wild" with a name like "Andy Wild".

Old
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Kari Takko

Name: Anonymous.

Fav All time Minnesota player: Walz

Fav Current Wild: Clutterbuck.

Fav Non Wild Players: Mike Richards/Andrew Ladd/Toews/Carcillo/Matt Duchene/Matt
Hendricks

Fav Wild Prospect: Jerod Palmer-He could be a sandpaper guy.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Alex Pietrangelo (if he's still considered a prospect)

Fav Movies: Braveheart/The Princess Bride/Super Troopers/Beerfest/Hangover/300

Music: Everything... Incubus, Ryan Adams, Tom Petty, Led Zeppelin, Keith Urban, Zach Brown Band, too many to name.

Hobbies: BBQing, playing hockey, beer pong

Fav food: BBQ... there's nothing better than slow cooked smoked meat.
Mexican food... El Burrito Mercado is friggin delicious. If you haven't been there, go!

Fav Beer: PBR me ASAP

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Andrew Brunette's goal against Patrick Roy in the playoffs.

How long I have been a Wild fan: I've been a fan since the team was awarded to Minnesota, but Brunette's goal solidified my allegience.

Origin of screen name: Greatest goalie in the history of our planet.

Jerseys owned: Original team white, and current Red. Other than the Wild, I've got too many to name.

Married?: Yes I am. My wife is wonderful.

Kids: Not yet. Pom named Frank and a Pom/American Eskimo named Walter.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wild View Post
Long-time lurker here, but with the pick-up in activity and the general good vibe I'm sensing ... well, here I am. Bit of a fish outta water being a Canadian in here, but sometimes enjoy the less pretentious approach of fans from the U.S. and abroad.
Welcome!

Old
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Andy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Then you must've been thrilled to have the team named the "Wild" with a name like "Andy Wild".
I was honoured, yet humbled at the same time.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Name: Pat

Favorite All Time Minnesota Player (Wild or North Stars): Clutterbuck is my favorite.

Favorite Current Wild Player: Same as above.

Favorite Non Wild Players: Sidney Crosby, Dave Bolland, Duncan Keith, Steven Stamkos, Drew Doughty, Andrej Meszaros, Martin St. Louis, and a lot more.

Favorite Wild Prospect: James Sheppard (He's still developing right?)

Favorite Non Wild Prospects: Erik Karlsson.

Favorite Movies: Pan's Labyrinth.

Favorite Music: RUSH.

Favorite Hobbies: Sports, Music (Playing/Listening), Writing, Reading, Cooking, etc...

Favorite Food: Swedish Fish.

Favorite Beer: Labatt Blue

Favorite Wild moment/how I became a fan: Since the beginning. My story is when the North Stars left (I was really young) but I cheered for the Penguins (still do) because Mario Lemieux was my favorite player to watch and I didn't want to cheer for the Dallas Stars. As I got older, didn't care for sports for some time but got back into hockey, around the time we were awarded the Wild. I didn't study and research the sport until about 2007 (Of course, the Ducks won the cup that year. Barf!). But, I stuck with it and slowly dedicated more time to hockey and feel like every year I gain more knowledge and enjoy it that much more.

How long I have been a Wild fan: 2000. Post-Lemaire is when I really started diverting more attention to just the Wild though.

Origin of screen name: For ***** and giggles. Yes, from the movie but it's like people acting superior online behind a monitor (anonymous/mysterious).

Jerseys owned: Finally ordered a Wild jersey last year (Clutterbuck: Current third jersey). Own several different team jerseys.

Married?: No.

Kids?: No.

Pets?: Two fish: Hartford and Expo. I'm sure you can figure out the origin of the names.

Last edited by D U M B A: 01-15-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old
06-17-2010, 01:02 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
Favorite Wild Prospect: James Sheppard (He's still developing right?)
Are you sure you're not either a relative of Risebrough, Tommy Thomson, or Sheppard himself?

Old
06-17-2010, 07:26 AM
BigT2002

lulz at the beautiful wife comments, they won't check the forums guys you can be honest

Old
06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Hey back when I thought I'd get married I was bragging about it too.

Old
06-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Name: Daniel

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Josh Harding/Manny Fernandez

Fav Current Wild: Josh Harding

Fav Non Wild Players: Dominik Hasek, Mike Ricther, Chris Osgood, Richard Park

Fav Wild Prospect: Colton Gillies/Marco Scandella

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Nick Leddy, Zach Yuen, Benjamin Conz

Fav Movies: Ink, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Host (Korean Movie)

Music: Anything besides pop. But leaning towards instrumetal music, such as electronic, post-rock, soundtrack music

Hobbies: Filmmaking, ice hockey, badminton

Fav food: I eat anything, besides raw onions and peas

Fav Beer: ...I don't remember...

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Awesome logo, favorite color green and always underdogs (though that isn't always something to be proud of)

How long I have been a Wild fan: 2005

Origin of screen name: A Perfect Circle fan

Jerseys owned: Besides school team jerseys, I only have one. Mikko Koivu's green jersey!

Married?: I'm single! And looking! Apply here!

Kids: I'm single! And looking! Apply here!

Old
06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
BigT2002

WTF are you doing in China?!?!?

Old
06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
MK9

Name: Anonymous

Fav All time Minnesota player: Mikko Koivu, isn't it obvious?

Fav Current Wild player: See above. Parise is a close 2nd though.

Fav Non Wild Players: Zetterberg. Datsyuk

Fav Wild Prospect: Honestly, none really stick out to me. Haula perhaps.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Haven't had the time to really get into it the past few years.

Fav Movies: The Hurt Locker, Black Hawk Down, Into The Wild, Braveheart, Equilibruim, V For Vendetta

Music: I have 2500 cds. 95% hard rock & metal...early 80's to now. Some really obscure stuff. Blues, Punk / Ska

Hobbies: Hiking. Camping. Cooking. PC gaming. Playing guitar.

Fav food: Mexican or Thai. Love spicy food.

Fav Beer: Newcastle or Guinness. Rogue is pretty good as well.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Been a fan since they announced we got a team. Fav moment was when Koivu scored after coming back from the broken leg and screamed at the Canucks bench. Close 2ndL Brunette scoring and retiring Patrick Roy.

How long I have been a Wild fan: I went to every rally they had before we even had a team.

Origin of screen name: Pretty obvious.

Jerseys owned: Both original white and green from the first few years. And about 28 other jerseys from around the league and world.

Married?: Not anymore. Very likely I will never do it again either.

Kids: No.

Last edited by MK9: 04-01-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: 2013 update.
Old
06-18-2010, 02:28 PM
BigT2002

MK9 loves military/overthrowing type movies good man

Old
06-18-2010, 10:29 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
MK9 loves military/overthrowing type movies good man
Think it's more or less a freedom / liberty thing, but....sure. We can call it that too.

I love a good raunchy comedy as well though. Sex Drive was hilarious. Obviously as was The Hangover.

Old
06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
WTF are you doing in China?!?!?
Born in Hong Kong, raised in Singapore!

Old
06-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
you know what? It's pretty awesome to have hockey fans around the World especially Wild fans

Last edited by Fel 96: 06-22-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old
07-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

HELLO!

Name: Todd

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Dino Ciccarelli

Fav Current Wild: Koivu

Fav Non Wild Players: John Vanbiesbrouck, Gillies Meloche, and Grant Fuhr

Fav Wild Prospect: I have to say right now it's got to be Mikael Granlund

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Nick Bjugstad, Ryan Suter, Zach Parise and a few others from here in Minny, and ex UMD grads that have been drafted.

Fav Movies: Dawn of the Dead movies. Gladiator, Troy, the TV series Rome which I have them all on DVD.

Music: Most all music I like, but partial to most all alternative rock.

Hobbies: Interwebz, Hockey, Women, PC gaming, and my dog

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Coors Light

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: The famous Bruno goal on Roy and the Avs back in our miracle playoff run a few years back.

How long I have been a Wild fan: since the 70s, when we used to root for the Stars here.

Origin of screen name: Old Gamer name I still go by on the web. =)

Jerseys owned: Both the Wild home and away jerseys, the old Penguins black and gold jersey from the late 70s and 80s. And the red Wings jersey I've had for years.

Women of my dreams: Petra Nemcova, still gaga over Stacy Keibler, and for some reason I find Kat Von D hot, in a dangerous wild sort of way, lol.

Married?: no not anymore, and thank god for that! lol

Kids: I have 2, both teenagers, a boy and a girl

Last edited by Blakkmantis: 07-10-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old
07-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Soooo.... how in the heck did you become a hockey fan living there? And more directly, a Wild fan to boot?

Old
07-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Corax

Name: Tomas

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian Gaborik

Fav Current Wild: Burns

Fav Non Wild Players: Gaborik, Datsyuk, Iginla,

Fav Wild Prospect: Gillies

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Tatar

Fav Movies: Documentaries, U turn, Lord of the rings, Matrix I, Wag The Dog, Predator,

Music: Jamiroquai, Fields Of The Nephilim, Sisters Of Mercy, Warren G, Guru, Faith No More, Gypsy Kings, 2 Pac, Depeche Mode, RHCP

Hobbies: Hiking

Fav food: Shawarma with a lot of chilli

Fav Beer: Urpin, Pilsner Urquell

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Fav moment 5 goal game by Gabs

How long I have been a Wild fan: after 2003 play off run, but a real fan after Demo joined Wild

Origin of screen name:

Jerseys owned: none, T-shirts #10 Gabby, #27 Kovalev

Married?: yes

Kids: 2

Last edited by Corax: 07-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Hello Slovak!

Old
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Corax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post