HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hunter's working on getting Tinordi

Old
07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Harry Wong

vCash: 500
More games, higher level of competition and coaching by guys who have been there and been tenacious winners. London, no question.

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
More games, higher level of competition and coaching by guys who have been there and been tenacious winners. London, no question.
Jeff Jackson is an impressive coach man, don't be so dismissive.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
markov`

If Tinordi goes to London he'll become a nasty mother****er. I want that.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
If Tinordi goes to London he'll become a nasty mother****er. I want that.
If he's anything like his father, he's already a nasty mother! That guy was scary!!!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Sam Gagner was homesick, that's why we went to play for London. That happened when he was playing in the USHL, so 1 year away from his family, he decided to go back near his home. But when he took that decision at first, he thought that was the right decision. So clearly not the same case than Tinordi.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/feature-gagner.html

As far as Kane is concerned, based on a post on HF, in the summer of '06, Kane had to go back to 4 months of with the NTDP or USHL 'cause he didn't graduate from high school yet. Then College for only 1 semester. That's why he decided to go with London. Didn't have to go through this.

So both cases aren't anything like the Tinordi one. In that case, it's solely based on Hunter trying to sell how London is a better choice. Unless there's a big money incentive, I don't see how Tinordi will change in mind.

But clearly Hunter can't use both Gagner's and Kane's examples to say how it's possible to change a kid's mind....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
DaFreshPrince

Hope he becomes the next Pat Kane...in Def

DaFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Railman
Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFreshPrince View Post
Hope he becomes the next Pat Kane...in Def
Are you saying that you want Tinordi to become a pansy?

Railman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
It's Chris Pronger or bust.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I can't believe there are still people concerned with Tinordi "bulking up".

He is 6'6 and he's listed at 204 and he's 18 years old. A frame that large will have no issues adding 15-20lbs with some new work outs and dieting. I read (from poster Montreal) he claims he is 212 now. Pronger weighs 220. So he's only 8-16lbs away, as of right now.

The extra 10-15lbs of muscle will go a long way, but we also don't want him to lose much of his agility/speed because it's one of his assets given his big stature. If he rounds out at 215-225 we should all be content. The fact he's 6" taller then the average NHL forward is huge, given along the boards he can use downward pressure to help restrain them where as a shorter Defenseman like Subban at 6'0 has to rely strictly on his strength.

Personally, I'd like to see him go to the Knights and get used to more condensed schedule... I think Tinordi is going to be very close to the NHL roster, if not next year once Hamrlik/Gill expire then definitely by 2012 when Spacek is gone.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSquid View Post
Ohhhh! I think I get where that thread's going!

I love it when Crosby scores a goal! and Pittsburgh has the best crowd ever!

P.S. Cammalleri sux, L2score buddy

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:39 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I don't know where or if I posted this but,

Between Tinordi going to Notre Dame, or going to London, how significant is the difference in terms of how he would develop and his offensive production?

Notre Dame= 10-25 point production result in regular NHL season

London= 45-65 point production result in regular NHL season

?

Like how much better offensively would Tinordi get in London? and couldn't he just develop more muscle later?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
So you'd rather see Tinordi learning how to play tough with a ****ing cage on his face? Look how it turned out with Komisarek when he got to face guys who actually were tough in the CHL (Lucic)...

Hunter is exactly what I want. He'll make Tinordi a psychopath, the type of psychopath we need on the blueline to protect guys such as Weber and Subban.
Exactly.

Especially since the guys learning hockey in the US always lack the grit.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Exactly.

Especially since the guys learning hockey in the US always lack the grit.
David Backes has grit.
Dustin Brown has grit.

Those are the two best, but I did learn that a lot of the American powerforward type players played in the OHL.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
David Backes has grit.
Dustin Brown has grit.

Those are the two best, but I did learn that a lot of the American powerforward type players played in the OHL.
Not to mention Ryan Malone and Ryan Kesler. The Americans are producing some of the top powerforwards in the game, along the lines of Tkachucks, Guerins and LeClairs.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
It's not a higher level but yes, a pro like schedule is definitely an advantage.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:14 PM
imindoors

I thought he already made up his mind of going to Notre-Dame..
Looks like the London Knights doesn't want Jarred to get a proper education, all they want is to win. Anyways, it will be better for him to join them to get his puck skills better. But he already has commited himself to Notre-Dame for fall 2010

imindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:20 PM
DaFreshPrince

Quote:
lol hahhaahhaa
hmmmm...no...i mean...we can't deny that he's one of the player from the hawks that makes the difference...so...i'd like tinordi to be that guy

DaFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:26 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
I think he would be better served for his long term future going to ND and playing fewer games and getting his education paid for. He comes to London he does go to school but that is a backburner focus to hockey.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:03 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Yeah, I guess a pansy is someone who goes through 4 rounds of playoff hockey, and ends up scoring the clinching goal to win the Stanley Cup.

If you think Kane is a pansy you are out of your mind.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'm surprised that posters here think the main reason for going to NCAA schools rather than the juniors is to bulk up. That's really not the point. Because the college players play fewer games they practice more. In the juniors they just play and don't get as much instruction.

The Habs have very good results with NCAA players. Those who come to mind immediately are Rod Langway, Bill Nyrop. Brian Engblom, Craig Ludwig, and Mike McPhee, and that doesn't include the more recent draftees, such as Komisarek and Higgins.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Dont know how this can apply to a D-man, but i was reading the Kadri thread on the OHL forum, and there was alot of criticism that Hunter is really just building up images of players more then developing them. Example was that he teaches players to play 2+min shifts (basically doesnt teach them the importance of small shifts), puts alot of emphasis on offensive production (Basically doesnt care for give aways and own zone responsabilities).

IMO with the way SK was behaving ( im huge SK fan ), it lets me belive Knights are really a breeding ground for developing potential stars with stats, more then a real developpment.

also i really dont understand what the deal is with the criticism of american hockey system, considering so many americans are being drafted to the NHL. obviously the general concencus is that the american hockey system is floureshing and is prime target for drafting. Not to mention signing un-drafted college players seems to be on the rise.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm surprised that posters here think the main reason for going to NCAA schools rather than the juniors is to bulk up. That's really not the point. Because the college players play fewer games they practice more. In the juniors they just play and don't get as much instruction.

The Habs have very good results with NCAA players. Those who come to mind immediately are Rod Langway, Bill Nyrop. Brian Engblom, Craig Ludwig, and Mike McPhee, and that doesn't include the more recent draftees, such as Komisarek and Higgins.
Actually, in that specific case, Tinordi himself said that it was a big reason why he's going that route.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by imindoors View Post
I thought he already made up his mind of going to Notre-Dame..
Looks like the London Knights doesn't want Jarred to get a proper education, all they want is to win. Anyways, it will be better for him to join them to get his puck skills better. But he already has commited himself to Notre-Dame for fall 2010
There is always a way to get a proper education later. This guy is so young.

But, there is only one chance to get the best hockey education you can get at that age. And in my humble opinion that's in London for him.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Dont know how this can apply to a D-man, but i was reading the Kadri thread on the OHL forum, and there was alot of criticism that Hunter is really just building up images of players more then developing them. Example was that he teaches players to play 2+min shifts (basically doesnt teach them the importance of small shifts), puts alot of emphasis on offensive production (Basically doesnt care for give aways and own zone responsabilities).

IMO with the way SK was behaving ( im huge SK fan ), it lets me belive Knights are really a breeding ground for developing potential stars with stats, more then a real developpment.

also i really dont understand what the deal is with the criticism of american hockey system, considering so many americans are being drafted to the NHL. obviously the general concencus is that the american hockey system is floureshing and is prime target for drafting. Not to mention signing un-drafted college players seems to be on the rise.
Good point. For me though it's the amount of games that's the deal-breaker. The NHL schedule (at least I assume because I've never tried myself) is grueling to say the least. Getting used to playing that many games not only would help him prepare for that physical toll but, arguably more importantly, would allow him to adjust and develop as a player quicker. I know playing hockey just for fun you do much better if you play 2-3 games a week instead of 1, type-thing. Just my thoughts anyway.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, in that specific case, Tinordi himself said that it was a big reason why he's going that route.
I read somewhere that Tinordi said that he needs to work on his stickhandling, one of the best way to get better in that aspect is to train a lot. So it makes perfect sense.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote