HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

The "Everbody goes Russia" thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
  #26
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
I´m not sure, but I believe she´s American.

D Peter Mikuš (HC Košice) has signed a one year deal with Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk and will join Tomáš Starosta.

Hm, I never realized Mikuš was just 25, I though he was like near 30 when he played for Trenčín/Košice. Anyway, pretty big loss to Košice, their top D-man....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
  #27
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
Budaj back with the Avs another year.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 11:22 PM
  #28
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Budaj back with the Avs another year.
Buddy didn't have a bad season. In the few games he played he was quite good, with a .917 SV % [apart for a game versus Edmonton he was very solid]. Plus he is a good team guy and doesn't complain. The vast majority of Colorado fans support this move, and it is not at all out of the question that Peter receives another NHL contract after this one if he repeats his performance from this year. Could be 3 or 4 years before he "goes to Russia".

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 03:02 AM
  #29
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I´m not sure, but I believe she´s American.

D Peter Mikuš (HC Košice) has signed a one year deal with Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk and will join Tomáš Starosta.

Hm, I never realized Mikuš was just 25, I though he was like near 30 when he played for Trenčín/Košice. Anyway, pretty big loss to Košice, their top D-man....
i readed somewhere, that Starosta will not be on the Neftekhimik roster next season.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
  #30
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Buddy didn't have a bad season. In the few games he played he was quite good, with a .917 SV % [apart for a game versus Edmonton he was very solid]. Plus he is a good team guy and doesn't complain. The vast majority of Colorado fans support this move, and it is not at all out of the question that Peter receives another NHL contract after this one if he repeats his performance from this year. Could be 3 or 4 years before he "goes to Russia".
Well, his stats look nice and all, but I believe it must be frustrating for everyone to warm the bench so much as he did last season, even if he deson´t show it. We all know that Peťo is the good boy type.

Anyway, today was the day of the 2nd KHL draft and there were even more Slovaks taken than last year:
Round 1
5. D Martin Marinčin 18/02/1992 HC Košice Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg
10. G Tomáš Pék 30/05/1991 HC Slovan Bratislava SKA St. Petersburg
21. F Dávid Bondra 26/08/1992 Washington jr. Nationals/AtJHL Metallurg Magnitogorsk

Round 3
54. F Tomáš Klíma 13/06/1990 Dukla Trenčín SKA St. Petersburg
56. G Adam Nagy 29/08/1993 Dukla Trenčín Jr. Severstal Cherepovets

Round 4
80.F Marek Viedenský 18/08/1990 Saskatoon Blades/WHL Sibir Novosibirsk
91.F Andrej Kudrna 11/05/1991 Vancouver Giants/WHL Spartak Moscow

Round 5
115.D Peter Čerešňák 26/01/1993 Dukla Trenčín Jr. Sibir Novosibirsk
118.F Marek Hrivík 28/08/1991 Mocton Wildcats/QMJHL Barys Astana

Round 6
121. D Adam Jánošík 07/09/1992 Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL Barys Astana
141. F Tomáš Jurčo 28/12/1992 Saint John Sea Dogs/QMJHL Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg

Round 7
F Lukáš Cingel 10/06/1992 Mshk Žilina Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg

Btw, CSKA Moskva will play at the Cassovia Hockey Cup in Košice in August (Košice, Vítkovice, Třínec, Poprad (?)+ 1 Czech club)

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  #31
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post

Anyway, today was the day of the 2nd KHL draft and there were even more Slovaks taken than last year:


21. F Dávid Bondra 26/08/1992 Washington jr. Nationals/AtJHL Metallurg Magnitogorsk



I have teammates on my college team who played in the AJHL alongside Dávid Bondra. They are good, but no where near KHL level.

I can't even imagine Dávid getting drafted in the NHL. AJHL is like Tier 3 Jr. A in the US.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 05:41 AM
  #32
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
So, we´ve got some news, one more year for Ján Lašák in Atlant Mytischi, F Miroslav Lažo signs a one year deal with Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg and F Vladimír Dravecký signs with KHL newbies Jugra Chanta Mansijsk (who´re looking at two more Slovaks btw), while Roman Kukumberg moves from Ak Bars Kazaň to Traktor Čeľjabinsk.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:50 AM
  #33
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Another Slovak signing with the best name in the KHL: Jugra Chanta Mansijsk. Former Severstal Cerepovec centre Marek Zagrapan has joined compatriot Vladimir Dravecky on the rookie KHL team. So no North American return for Marek, at least not in the immediate future.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:09 AM
  #34
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
The Slovak contignent in the KHL grows bigger once again as D Michal Sersen signs with Automobilist Jekaterinburg.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:18 AM
  #35
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
There is a strange story making the rounds about Ladislav Nagy and his desire to return to the NHL. Is Laco delusional? Nagy states:

"Right now I don't have [a contract], and I am basically waiting for the 1st of July [after the draft] when the free agent market opens. I would very much like to return overseas and my agent is in contact with some NHL teams. Some of them have already expressed interest, to me it doesn't matter where I end up. I simply want to return to the NHL".

Um, ok. The entire thing is a good read. His comments later on about Čerepovec are page turning. See the whole thing here:

http://www.hokej.sk/clanok75059-Ciel...rat_do_NHL.htm

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 11:27 AM
  #36
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Tomáš Surový (Skelleftea) signs with Dinamo Riga.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 11:40 AM
  #37
teddygmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Any word on Martin Karums and L. Nagy?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
  #38
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
Any word on Martin Karums and L. Nagy?
Kamzik recently posted here an article about Nagy, which said that his goal was the NHL. I assume that you mean Martin Karsums, who actually is Latvian, so I´m not sure why we should have any news about him.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
  #39
teddygmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
ooops.,..you are right of course about Karsums....sorry!
Thanks!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
  #40
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Pavol Demitra, one year with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. Didn't expect that.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 04:38 AM
  #41
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Pavol Demitra, one year with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. Didn't expect that.
me too. i read an interview with him in SPORT, and he said, that his wife want to go to Russia... maybe that was the reason....

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 09:12 AM
  #42
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
me too. i read an interview with him in SPORT, and he said, that his wife want to go to Russia... maybe that was the reason....
In Pravda it says he was offered more money in the KHL, and that he lost his patience in terms of daily negotiation with the New York Rangers. They offered him much less than he had imagined. The Rangers have cap issues, I believe given their current situation they had to offer less than one million per season to fit under the cap.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
  #43
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
NYR offered Demo under 1mil? Wow, that's an insult to him.

Plus there is no way he could live a Pavol Demitra lifestyle in New York City on under a million a year.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
  #44
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
and now Poprad is in Russia too))

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:09 PM
  #45
Kiraly
Registered User
 
Kiraly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Czech team based in Slovakia to play in the KHL

Lev Poprad will be based in Poprad, Slovakia and will play in the KHL. The team, originally based in Hradec Kralove, Cesko, planned to join the KHL this season, but was denied permission by the Czech hockey authority in June 2010. The team decided to move the club to Slovakia and was subsequently accepted by the KHL to compete in the league this upcoming season.

Little surprised the Slovakian Hockey Federation approved this and did it so quickly.

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
  #46
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
Lev Poprad will be based in Poprad, Slovakia and will play in the KHL. The team, originally based in Hradec Kralove, Cesko, planned to join the KHL this season, but was denied permission by the Czech hockey authority in June 2010. The team decided to move the club to Slovakia and was subsequently accepted by the KHL to compete in the league this upcoming season.

Little surprised the Slovakian Hockey Federation approved this and did it so quickly.
there are rumors that they may play in Hradec and just used Slovaks for the legal matters, as KHL requires them to get their governing hockey federation's permition

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
  #47
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
and now Poprad is in Russia too))
Someone please explain what is going on with HC Lev. How will they effect the Poprad team in the Extraliga? Who will play for them? Where will they play? How many spectators are they expecting per game? How did Otakar Janecky become involved with a KHL team in Poprad?

Anyhow, the fact that Slovakia now has a KHL team has come as a surprise to me. I didn't really even know it was something being discussed.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
  #48
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
I think that Lev will play in Poprad in 2010/2011, however it is exaggarated to say that Slovakia has a KHL club. As soon as Lev manages to finally bribe ČSLH (which will probably happen rather sooner than later) they will move to Hradec. I´m not really sure what Lev´s motivation to have KHL right now and not wanting to wait means, stuff like that is usually associated with having to get rid off dirty money in these parts of the world. They will get absolutely nothing from the revenues even if each game is sold out as they claimed that the tickets should be around the same price as HK Poprad tickets are, which is basically nothing.

HK Poprad should work normally well at least as normal as it´s typycal for them. The people who used to go to their games will continue to go there- meaning especially locals from Poprad.

Anyway, as for what kind of players they will get, it doesn´t really matter as at leats 80% of the "home" crowd will come to watch the opponents anyway- many of them will come from other localities nearby (just as it is typycal for the majority of hockey fans from Eastern Slovakia to go to a hockey game in Košice here and there).

Once the team is moved to Hradec everything will return to the old ways, even though many of the home fans won´t be too happy about it because they would like this to be an opprtunity to get rid of the people who´ve been ruining hockey in Poprad for years as they say.

Though one thing that wasn´t pointed out is that the rink in Poprad is actuall NHL sized, so far I´ve only had the opportunity to see KHL on TV, but in the majority of the games the players were doing loads of fancy stuff (sometimes way too much) and I´m not really sure what the KHL will bring on the small surface.

cska, I doubt that it would be true with those rumours that they would actually play in Hradec , first of all I believe that Hradec will want to seek ČSLH allowing them to play in Hradec one day in the future, but even more so I doubt that the KHL would want to go against ČSLH and that the KHL would juts not allow the games played in Hradec.

Personally, I don´t like this, for one thing I would be much rather if Slovak teams joined a possible future European league with the Swedes, Finns, Germans, Swiss, Czechs etc. rather than the KHL and before any such decision I believe it should be more of a natural developemnt rather than this, which is pretty much all just "artificial".


Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 07-16-2010 at 02:36 PM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:15 PM
  #49
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I think that Lev will play in Poprad in 2010/2011, however it is exaggarated to say that Slovakia has a KHL club. As soon as Lev manages to finally bribe ČSLH (which will probably happen rather sooner than later) they will move to Hradec. I´m not really sure what Lev´s motivation to have KHL right now and not wanting to wait means, stuff like that is usually associated with having to get rid off dirty money in these parts of the world. They will get absolutely nothing from the revenues even if each game is sold out as they claimed that the tickets should be around the same price as HK Poprad tickets are, which is basically nothing.

HK Poprad should work normally well at least as normal as it´s typycal for them. The people who used to go to their games will continue to go there- meaning especially locals from Poprad.

Anyway, as for what kind of players they will get, it doesn´t really matter as at leats 80% of the "home" crowd will come to watch the opponents anyway- many of them will come from other localities nearby (just as it is typycal for the majority of hockey fans from Eastern Slovakia to go to a hockey game in Košice here and there).

Once the team is moved to Hradec everything will return to the old ways, even though many of the home fans won´t be too happy about it because they would like this to be an opprtunity to get rid of the people who´ve been ruining hockey in Poprad for years as they say.

Though one thing that wasn´t pointed out is that the rink in Poprad is actuall NHL sized, so far I´ve only had the opportunity to see KHL on TV, but in the majority of the games the players were doing loads of fancy stuff (sometimes way too much) and I´m not really sure what the KHL will bring on the small surface.

cska, I doubt that it would be true with those rumours that they would actually play in Hradec , first of all I believe that Hradec will want to seek ČSLH allowing them to play in Hradec one day in the future, but even more so I doubt that the KHL would want to go against ČSLH and that the KHL would juts not allow the games played in Hradec.

Personally, I don´t like this, for one thing I would be much rather if Slovak teams joined a possible future European league with the Swedes, Finns, Germans, Swiss, Czechs etc. rather than the KHL and before any such decision I believe it should be more of a natural developemnt rather than this, which is pretty much all just "artificial".
In my opinion that European league is useless, because it could never compete against NHL. KHL can do it someday in the future.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 11:45 PM
  #50
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
It would be interesting if HC Lev made a nice bid for Marek Svatos. Obviously it won't be easy with teams like Pittsburgh or even other KHL teams like Riga supposedly interested. A kid from eastern Slovakia on the Lions would draw interest.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.