HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Julien Brisebois on his way out?Official joins Tampa's management

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2010, 02:06 PM
  #51
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,129
vCash: 500
I want a first round pick in compensation for Boucher & Brisebois.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
  #52
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Whats this guy Briesbois done anyways, he's 26 years old? Why is he so highly rated here?

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
  #53
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Whats this guy Briesbois done anyways, he's 26 years old? Why is he so highly rated here?
Quote:
BriseBois’ duties include all aspects of contract preparation and negotiation, salary arbitration and player transactions. He also oversees the interpretation of the NHL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement and League Rules and assesses their impact on day-to-day operations.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=52838

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:24 PM
  #54
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
looks like he is gone, its like tampa bay just keeps taking out personnel, if i ever see youppi over there with a lighting jersey im going to flip out. Gauthier has a lot of recruiting to do for this summer.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:31 PM
  #55
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Not a surprise since he was the Dogs GM and I'm sure Boucher had his input on this since they worked together in Hamilton. Good luck to him in Tampa.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
  #56
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Whats this guy Briesbois done anyways, he's 26 years old? Why is he so highly rated here?
I guess it's not only here....Yzerman did hire him right? And he's 33....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
  #57
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Whats this guy Briesbois done anyways, he's 26 years old? Why is he so highly rated here?
The fact that he's an AHL GM at an age when most players are in their primes means that he has like 40 years to go in the business. He's a reason why Hamilton is good, and he's eventually going to be a good NHL GM.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM
  #58
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Not a surprise since he was the Dogs GM and I'm sure Boucher had his input on this since they worked together in Hamilton. Good luck to him in Tampa.
Tampa have 4 times more quebec people in their organisation than the habs... something is wrong...

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM
  #59
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
What a mess that is the Habs org! I heard Martin Raymond is also joining the Lightning. So we only have 1 assistant coach in Hamilton. Boivin out in 1 year, Gainey becoming a lackey, Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier running the show. What a joke this is. The sinking ship continues on ...

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:51 PM
  #60
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
What a mess that is the Habs org! I heard Martin Raymond is also joining the Lightning. So we only have 1 assistant coach in Hamilton. Boivin out in 1 year, Gainey becoming a lackey, Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier running the show. What a joke this is. The sinking ship continues on ...
Raymond had to be amongst our candidates for the coaching job. Now without him, Chuck Weber had to seriously be considered....yet, he didn't seem to even got a call from any of our staff. When Weber was asked about the Hamilton coaching job, he said something along the lines of "I have no idea what they'll do" and he's contemplaing 2 other jobs, 1 in the NHL, 1 in the AHL.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
  #61
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Raymond had to be amongst our candidates for the coaching job. Now without him, Chuck Weber had to seriously be considered....yet, he didn't seem to even got a call from any of our staff. When Weber was asked about the Hamilton coaching job, he said something along the lines of "I have no idea what they'll do" and he's contemplaing 2 other jobs, 1 in the NHL, 1 in the AHL.
What about Dan Lacroix for Hamilton, I haven't heard that he's gone anywhere as yet?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
  #62
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
What about Dan Lacroix for Hamilton, I haven't heard that he's gone anywhere as yet?
Well I don't see him as a head coach material but I could totally be mistaken.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
  #63
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
The fact that he's an AHL GM at an age when most players are in their primes means that he has like 40 years to go in the business. He's a reason why Hamilton is good, and he's eventually going to be a good NHL GM.
Huh? He's not the reason for the Bulldogs' success, seems to me like Hamilton is good cuz the Habs have a lot of solid young guys there (via drafting & scouting), and there was good coaching?

What does his age matter? He's not guaranteed to become a good GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
So his duties were to be Gainey/Gauthier's legal assistant? OK, big deal.


Im not trying to diss the guy, maybe he is very smart, but he's still just a young, mid-level guy in the Habs' front office, this is hardly an epic loss and he will easily be replaced. He is Boucher's friend and wanted to follow him to Tampa, I'm sure a raise, chance at promotion didn't hurt either.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
  #64
RBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
What a mess that is the Habs org! I heard Martin Raymond is also joining the Lightning. So we only have 1 assistant coach in Hamilton. Boivin out in 1 year, Gainey becoming a lackey, Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier running the show. What a joke this is. The sinking ship continues on ...
It's not a big deal. If Tampa can poach from other teams, then surely the Canadiens can do the same with even better managers and staff. Boucher is the only big loss, other than not hiring Yzerman over Gauthier. That was a silly move to not even talk to Yzerman. In an interview with the Detroit Free Press, he emphasized how he knew he would have to leave Detroit to become a GM, a job which he really wanted. Should have made an offer at least.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
  #65
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
It's not a big deal. If Tampa can poach from other teams, then surely the Canadiens can do the same with even better managers and staff. Boucher is the only big loss, other than not hiring Yzerman over Gauthier. That was a silly move to not even talk to Yzerman. In an interview with the Detroit Free Press, he emphasized how he knew he would have to leave Detroit to become a GM, a job which he really wanted. Should have made an offer at least.
Why??

What makes you think Yzerman is such a genius?

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
  #66
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
What a mess that is the Habs org! I heard Martin Raymond is also joining the Lightning. So we only have 1 assistant coach in Hamilton. Boivin out in 1 year, Gainey becoming a lackey, Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier running the show. What a joke this is. The sinking ship continues on ...
I would think that Raymond and Lacroix would be headed to Tampa but last I heard, Boucher said he has to go through the Habs in order to get them and he hasn't done so (it was on the tampa board in the boucher thread)

As for sinking ship, give me a break.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 04:29 PM
  #67
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
**** you Tampa and Yzerlady.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:09 PM
  #68
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,490
vCash: 500
I don't understand why Brisebois left here to go there ? What's in it for him ?

Did he feel his days were numbered here or did he want to see something new ?

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:35 PM
  #69
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't understand why Brisebois left here to go there ? What's in it for him ?

Did he feel his days were numbered here or did he want to see something new ?
It could be money related. It could also be that he finds himself with a better chance of getting a promotion. OR it could be that yzerman is a great seller

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:36 PM
  #70
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,758
vCash: 500
I guess Yzerman really was disappointed in not being contacted about the opportunity to be a GM in Montréal.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
  #71
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I guess Yzerman really was disappointed in not being contacted about the opportunity to be a GM in Montréal.
its his fault he didnt learn french

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:48 PM
  #72
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
its his fault he didnt learn french
Can't say he didn't know it was a pre-requisite

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:49 PM
  #73
ludger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
This is getting discouraging. Everyone sobs and screams for the Habs to hire Quebequois, but it appears that as soon as they have some experience they run off to other teams, Why does every one want quebeckers anyways. the management ones run off and the experienced players refuse to play here. But criticize the organization

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:50 PM
  #74
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,296
vCash: 500
whether habs don't stand in the way of 'promotions' or not, the fact is yzerman has now poached two important pieces from habs org. and two young, bright francophones (and hockey minds) to boot....a path to development? well he could've gone to detroit for all his hirings. so now we lose two and to an org that was an operational joke / nightmare 12 months ago. hopefully molson draws the line at two hirings lol

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:28 PM
  #75
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
whether habs don't stand in the way of 'promotions' or not, the fact is yzerman has now poached two important pieces from habs org. and two young, bright francophones (and hockey minds) to boot....a path to development? well he could've gone to detroit for all his hirings. so now we lose two and to an org that was an operational joke / nightmare 12 months ago. hopefully molson draws the line at two hirings lol
why would the Habs stand in the way of promotions? This just opens the doors for others to step in and show what they can do. I think that it's a good sign that other teams want to hire people from the organization, it says that we have been hiring good people, so one would think that the people in charge would continue to do that.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.