HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary and Edmonton

Old
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
One Trick Pony*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
Definitely. Have you seen the kid play? He's a really damn good player who's getting alot better, fast. He's good at everything and he's 21. If Nemisz is as good as Simmonds, he'll be a great pick late in the first round
Still man, I'm not sure. I like it when teams take flyers on players like Simmonds in the 3rd-4th rounds, but it's a mistake if your passing up guys who could be franchise player for 3rd liners.

I never heard of any outstanding attributes during his junior career, so I guess I'm not too high on him.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Snazu

pass.

Snazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
For a 1st rounder?
He's was a 25th pick, the only other player drafted after him that's showing promise is Buffalo's Tyler Ennis. Right or wrong Sutter doesn't like 5'9 160lb players.

At #25 if Nemisz only turns into a solid 3rd liner it'll be better than most picks in that range.

Personally I see his as a 600g 1300pt player in the NHL

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:17 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
To EDM: Ales Kotalik, Steve Staios and Greg Nemisz (5.7 million total)
To CGY: Sheldon Souray and Ryan Jones (5.5 million total)

Edmonton takes on two bad contracts in exchange for a Taylor Hall's former linemate in Nemisz. Kotalik previously played well on the Oilers on a line with Hemsky and while Staios is still a bad contract, he's a UFA in a year.

Souray provides offense from Calgary's blueline and fills a void left after Phaneuf was moved - he's got a similar blast from the point and can play physical as well. Jones replaces Kotalik's spot in the lineup.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:28 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
He's was a 25th pick, the only other player drafted after him that's showing promise is Buffalo's Tyler Ennis. Right or wrong Sutter doesn't like 5'9 160lb players.

At #25 if Nemisz only turns into a solid 3rd liner it'll be better than most picks in that range.

Personally I see his as a 600g 1300pt player in the NHL
John Carlson? Jacob Markstrom?

Old
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Someone

Quote:
John Carlson? Jacob Markstrom?
I certainly prefer to see a team take a guy with higher top end potential that's more likely to bust, but getting a 3rd liner at 25 is a good pick. It's not like Nemisz hasn't shown any offense, it's just unlikely to translate well to the NHL.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:43 PM
reginaoil

An offer where both teams get the bad deal....interesting concept.

reginaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone View Post
I certainly prefer to see a team take a guy with higher top end potential that's more likely to bust, but getting a 3rd liner at 25 is a good pick. It's not like Nemisz hasn't shown any offense, it's just unlikely to translate well to the NHL.
Which is exactly my point. Taking guys like Ennis and Carlson, who ironically were the picks taken right after Nemisz, would have been a much better outcome for the Flames.

Daryl Sutter has a thing for drafting defenders and coke machines/bottom 6ers up front. The draft isn't a place to try and fill holes that exist on your current roster, it's all about evaluating the future.

Backlund is the only game-breaker in their system, after him they have a bunch of guys who project as 3rd liners, one top-4 d-man (Erixon) and a diminutive 2nd liner (Howse).

How long are they going to depend on Iginla to remain a dominant offensive force? He's 33 and has declined on the stat sheet each year for the last 3-4 (by a minimum 10 points). Tanguay isn't going to fix that.

Old
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Wyrm

Quote:
Which is exactly my point. Taking guys like Ennis and Carlson, who ironically were the picks taken right after Nemisz, would have been a much better outcome for the Flames.

Daryl Sutter has a thing for drafting defenders and coke machines/bottom 6ers up front. The draft isn't a place to try and fill holes that exist on your current roster, it's all about evaluating the future.

Backlund is the only game-breaker in their system, after him they have a bunch of guys who project as 3rd liners, one top-4 d-man (Erixon) and a diminutive 2nd liner (Howse).

How long are they going to depend on Iginla to remain a dominant offensive force? He's 33 and has declined on the stat sheet each year for the last 3-4 (by a minimum 10 points). Tanguay isn't going to fix that.
IMHO, this year will show if Iginla is gradually turning into Calgary's version of the washedup Naslund or not.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote