HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Lineup Projections

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
  #101
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Sully - Wilson - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Lombardi - Erat
Anderson - Legwand - Dumont
Ward - Smithson - Tootoo/Spailing/Belak/O'reily/etc.

Weber-Suter
Franson-Parent
Boullion-Klien

Rinne
Lindbeck

Not bad at all.

Trotz hates Dumont. He'll be on the third line. It has been made fairly clear the Wilson will be #1
Where is Goc? You're also assuming Andersson outplays guys like Ward, Goc, Tootoo and a few other guys.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:27 AM
  #102
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Where is Goc? You're also assuming Andersson outplays guys like Ward, Goc, Tootoo and a few other guys.
Goc fell under the etc. catagory on the 4th line. I like him a lot, but theres just a log jam right there. I might put him in over guys like smithson or ward, but its a tough call. We need to trade away some of these dime-a-dozen guys.

Yes, I am assuming Andersson beats them out. Poile clearly saw something in him at the WC, so I'm guessing he will be given a roster spot.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
  #103
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Goc fell under the etc. catagory on the 4th line. I like him a lot, but theres just a log jam right there. I might put him in over guys like smithson or ward, but its a tough call. We need to trade away some of these dime-a-dozen guys.

Yes, I am assuming Andersson beats them out. Poile clearly saw something in him at the WC, so I'm guessing he will be given a roster spot.
So you'd play Smithson before Goc? Interesting.

Just because Poile saw something in Andersson doesn't mean he's getting a roster spot. In Trotz's world you still have to earn your place on this roster. I'm pretty sure he has the ability to do so but he still has to go out and get it done.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
  #104
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So you'd play Smithson before Goc? Interesting.

Just because Poile saw something in Andersson doesn't mean he's getting a roster spot. In Trotz's world you still have to earn your place on this roster. I'm pretty sure he has the ability to do so but he still has to go out and get it done.
This isnt what I want the lineup to look like, its what I think it will be. Trotz loves Smithson. I fully believe he will get a roster spot. I think Goc is better, but Trotz will disagree.

Andersson.... who knows? I think he beats them out, but only time will tell.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:24 AM
  #105
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Marcel Goc will be an every night player again this year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
  #106
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,191
vCash: 500
I would like to see this:

wilson-lombardi-erat
sullivan-legwand-hornquist
sk/andersson-goc-dumont
tootoo-smithson-ward
belak, anderson/sk loser

pker
lombardi-sk
erat-legwand
smithson-ward
sullivan-goc

weber-ellis
suter-blum
bouillon-klein
sulzer

pk-
bouillon-klein
weber-suter

PP1
sullivan-wilson-hornquist-weber-blum (qb)
PP2
erat-lombardi-dumont-suter (qb)-ellis

i would get what i could for franson, o'reilly
spaling and thuresson can spend the year as first call ups

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
  #107
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would like to see this:

wilson-lombardi-erat
sullivan-legwand-hornquist
sk/andersson-goc-dumont
tootoo-smithson-ward
belak, anderson/sk loser

pker
lombardi-sk
erat-legwand
smithson-ward
sullivan-goc

weber-ellis
suter-blum
bouillon-klein
sulzer

pk-
bouillon-klein
weber-suter

PP1
sullivan-wilson-hornquist-weber-blum (qb)
PP2
erat-lombardi-dumont-suter (qb)-ellis

i would get what i could for franson, o'reilly
spaling and thuresson can spend the year as first call ups
Thats a young D group...... no parent? no josi?

Ellis IMO isnt ready. he needs some Ads experience first. I think Franson is better anyways. I totally agree with getting rid of O'reilly/Goc/Smithson/Spailing/Ward/etc, whoever brings the most back

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
  #108
jstreet
Smashville
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,186
vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Marcel Goc will be an every night player again this year.
and for good reason, I believe.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
  #109
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
and for good reason, I believe.
completely agree. goc isnt even a question in my mind or the staffs.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
  #110
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
Anybody think Klasen has a chance? If it was based on very sweet goals on youtube he would, lol. He had decent and improving numbers in the SEL as well. 51 points in 51 games in that league is good. (9th in goals, 7th in assists, 5th in total scoring) Shifty and looks to be a nice scorer. Several of the pred blogs put him on their "all camp team" top players.

I suppose he needs to show he can adapt to the north american game and north american ice in the AHL. He's small and whether he can avoid the contact and keep making dekes on the more crowded ice and better competition (if he gets a look in the NHL), who knows? Maybe some of you do from the camp... Sure like him though, his videos show some highlight reel type of goals.


Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-15-2010 at 01:57 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
  #111
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
We often compare Trotz's lines selection to a game of 52 pick-up. This year there might actually be 52 players to pick up!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
  #112
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Thats a young D group...... no parent? no josi?

Ellis IMO isnt ready. he needs some Ads experience first. I think Franson is better anyways. I totally agree with getting rid of O'reilly/Goc/Smithson/Spailing/Ward/etc, whoever brings the most back

I think we can afford to split weber and suter up. towards the end of games, you know trotzy will rely on his vets, so blum and ellis wouldn't see much in the way of real close games at the end of third periods.


I put those two boys in their primarily for the powerplay. i think ellis's shot creates a dynamic 2nd unit with a slick puck mover like suter. same way the first unit with blum and weber.

on ellis, what makes you think he isn't ready? just b/c he is small? if he gets the ads experience, it will be year after next. he makes the club or goes to junior. too young for the A. so to get your ads expereice, we don't see him for another two years. Both kids are more mobile than franson. both kids can't play the body ant less than franson. and both have more to their game than a good shot.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
  #113
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
I think Franson is a very good passer, as long as he gets to do it while not moving too fast. He can thread it onto the tape from a ways away if he has a little time. Now, it gets worse when he has to skate and try that, but still, he can pass on a powerplay at least.

I just hope Poile can make some moves and not end up giving away some of these good players who may get crowded out. I can't believe I'm worrying that too many good prospects is a problem. Sweet!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
  #114
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Wilson-Lombardi-Hornqvist
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Erat
Sullivan-Goc-Dumont
Tootoo-Smithson-Ward
Belak-Anderson

Weber-Suter
Klein-Parent
Boullion-Franson
Sulzer

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:24 PM
  #115
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
I still am thinking:

Hornqvist-Lombardi-Sully
Dumont-Wilson-Erat
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Ward
Smithson-Goc-Andersson
Belak-Tootoo

Weber-Suter
Klein-Boullion
Franson-Parent

Rinne
Legacy

EDIT: OK, got bored and crated a visual depth chart. The chart with the colors is what I think the depth chart looks like. Black and white what I would want. But still, I look at the players still in UFA and I wonder what Lee Stempniak would want.



Last edited by BigFatCat999: 07-16-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Graphic idea of my depth chart
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:22 AM
  #116
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
Wow, you think Leggy is going to play forward on an O'Reilly line? And O'reilly ahead of Goc?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 08:41 AM
  #117
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Wow, you think Leggy is going to play forward on an O'Reilly line? And O'reilly ahead of Goc?
No, not really but it's like trying to fit 8,000 puzzle pieces together to make them looks right. Goc is fine as a 3rd line center but can play 4th line duty. O'Reilly is more of an offensive center than a grinder so I see him taking a slight edge on Goc in that department.

But I have no friggin idea what this team will look like. NONE Lundmark when he played in Calgary was scoring at a .62 PPG clip and that's at the same pace as Dumont, Sully and just slightly below Hornqvist. I think Poile sees him as a Joel Ward special.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 08:56 AM
  #118
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
No, not really but it's like trying to fit 8,000 puzzle pieces together to make them looks right. Goc is fine as a 3rd line center but can play 4th line duty. O'Reilly is more of an offensive center than a grinder so I see him taking a slight edge on Goc in that department.

But I have no friggin idea what this team will look like. NONE Lundmark when he played in Calgary was scoring at a .62 PPG clip and that's at the same pace as Dumont, Sully and just slightly below Hornqvist. I think Poile sees him as a Joel Ward special.
I just don't see Trotz moving Legwand from center. He's too good defensively to replace him and I don't see O'Reilly bumping Goc down that far on the depth chart. I can see Wilson staying on the wing though for this season.

Lombardi/Wilson/Erat
Legwand/Dumont/SK
Goc/Sully/Hornqivst
Smithson/Ward/Tootoo or Andersson

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:10 AM
  #119
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
The problem with dumping O'Reilly in Milwaukee is that once sent he has to go on waivers to come back up.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:15 AM
  #120
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The problem with dumping O'Reilly in Milwaukee is that once sent he has to go on waivers to come back up.
He's not any better than anyone we have on the roster right now and unless he plays lights out in camp and opens the season hot, he will have a hard time cracking this lineup.

I know his skill set is better suited to the top 2 lines but if it means bumping Lombardi, Wilson, Legwand or Goc down to the third and fourth lines, I don't see how that makes us a better team.

The only guy he's better than is probably Smithson but he can't play a 4th line role so there's the rub. What do you do with him? My bet is he gets traded before the season starts or he gets waived and someone else picks him up. I like him as a player but he's just not bringing enough to the table at this point to warrant him having a roster spot. I would also have to say he isn't one of our top 10 forwards so the threat of him taking a spot on one of the top 3 lines is minute at best.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:22 AM
  #121
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Yes, and I want to avoid another Rich Peverley as much as I can.

Seriously, if O'Reilly were claimed on waivers and he turns into high scoring forward I think SLake and I will go on a killing spree.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:33 AM
  #122
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Yes, and I want to avoid another Rich Peverley as much as I can.

Seriously, if O'Reilly were claimed on waivers and he turns into high scoring forward I think SLake and I will go on a killing spree.
Here's the thing, we need forwards that play a complete two way game right? Does O'Reilly fit that mold? Not saying every guy that comes through our system is going to be able to do that but unless he has top notch offensive skills, which I don't think he's shown, he's not going to have a spot on this team. As much as we bag on Dumont for his lack of D, he has exceptionally good hands and will put up points during the season. O'Reilly has shown a glimpse here and there.

Some guys don't work in all systems. Peverley didn't work here. O'Reilly may not work here. It's ok. Sometimes guys don't pan out. And trust me, I'd like to Cal work out here, I think he's a talented kid. I just don't see how it happens for him. There is a log jam and I don't know if he has another level or two to his game to get past some of the guys ahead of him.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
  #123
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Here's the thing, we need forwards that play a complete two way game right? Does O'Reilly fit that mold? Not saying every guy that comes through our system is going to be able to do that but unless he has top notch offensive skills, which I don't think he's shown, he's not going to have a spot on this team. As much as we bag on Dumont for his lack of D, he has exceptionally good hands and will put up points during the season. O'Reilly has shown a glimpse here and there.

Some guys don't work in all systems. Peverley didn't work here. O'Reilly may not work here. It's ok. Sometimes guys don't pan out. And trust me, I'd like to Cal work out here, I think he's a talented kid. I just don't see how it happens for him. There is a log jam and I don't know if he has another level or two to his game to get past some of the guys ahead of him.
Looking at the charts there is a lot of depth with Nashville and frankly with the amount of talent in the NHL and AHL I fully expect a player like Cal O'Reilly to clear wavers. As for two way players. The newly signed depth is beginning to move away from that. Lundmark saw very little PK time. Same with O'Reilly. I STILL think there is more moves to be made.

Watch this is the roster we see in training camp.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:49 AM
  #124
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Looking at the charts there is a lot of depth with Nashville and frankly with the amount of talent in the NHL and AHL I fully expect a player like Cal O'Reilly to clear wavers. As for two way players. The newly signed depth is beginning to move away from that. Lundmark saw very little PK time. Same with O'Reilly. I STILL think there is more moves to be made.

Watch this is the roster we see in training camp.
Lundmark was signed for depth in Milwaukee. He has no chance at this roster this year either.

How do you figure the new depth is moving away from that? Lombardi is a better two way player than Arnott and can play special teams. SK is a good two way player as is Andersson. I think I'm missing what you're saying.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
  #125
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Lundmark was signed for depth in Milwaukee. He has no chance at this roster this year either.

How do you figure the new depth is moving away from that? Lombardi is a better two way player than Arnott and can play special teams. SK is a good two way player as is Andersson. I think I'm missing what you're saying.
When you have a little extra cash for depth you can sign specialists. Lundmark averaged 1 second of PK time in his time with Calgary. Parent was brought in for the PK and he's not even close to an offensive player. I will give you the point for Lombardi and Kostitsyn. Sk was not used for his offensive potential in Montreal. Lombardi averaged .47 on the PK. Not an epic amount of time but for an offensive player pretty good.

I have a chart with TOI/G, PP/G, PK/G, it helps me judge who will have a chance at the PP, and PK. It also translates well with the varried number of games played in careers. Nashville has a lot of players who have played on the PK but their PP players are fewer accounting for about half of the team unlike the 3/4th you see with PK.

As for Lundmark, I see him as a 'Joel Ward Special'. The guy in Calgary was scoring at a clip similar to Dumont and Sully. The beauty of the Predators system is that it gives you a clean slate. I do believe Lundmark will be given a fair chance to make the team. Do I expect him to be in Milwaukee? Yup, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him with 3rd line time.

I see 23 NHL quality forwards and most will be given a chance to play in Nashville. Some will start in Milwaukee but I won't be cringing if an injury happens. I just wonder if the team will start doing 'shadow injuries' to give rest to players.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.