HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammalleri backs Price as Habs' No. 1 Goalie

Old
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
That he is ok with Price......he did not have to add that he was excited about it, now did he?
He could have easily just said we had 2 good goalies and the organization had to make a choice. He didn't have to specify/reiterate that he was a "big Carey Price fan". Would have been easy to just give a typical non-answer type of response.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Nah I think he meant Gorges.
Gorges? He's never been captain of anything... he has no experience as a Captain... Cammy ftw

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
That he is ok with Price......he did not have to add that he was excited about it, now did he?
Cammalleri has talked well about everyone he's ever been asked about in a Habs uniform.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:12 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Gorges? He's never been captain of anything... he has no experience as a Captain... Cammy ftw
Not sure if serious.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Cammy for Captain!
More like Captain Obvious.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
he could have focused on the loss of Halak, but instead, he went right into how the canadiens are now a team, not individuals.

it might be a long time before the collective of canadiens fans understand that after so many years of looking at the parts instead of the sum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You should come by this board more often.
Agreed, excellent addition to the board. For christ sakes, we need more optimists and rationalists on this board because we are heavily outnumbered.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:00 AM
expos4ever

You can doubt the sincerity of Cammi's opinion all you want - I but I think he sees from a better perspective than any of us what Price is capable of, including his goaltending skills AS WELL as his character.

Those who are still b!tching and moaning that Price is in fact NOT Halak, get over it and start watching (at least in Sept) and appreciating the future top-5 goalie that is wearing bleu-blanc-rouge...

I'm planning to enjoy every second of CP's emergence as a front line star in the NHL over the next couple of years, while also enjoying the presence of big play-making center Lars Eller in the lineup..

Last edited by expos4ever: 07-17-2010 at 01:08 AM.
expos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:43 AM
TankEller*

Just watching this guy's (Cammy) attitude in the playoffs... The way he played, the way he speaks, the way he always looks like he wants more... I'm getting to wonder how good a captain he'd be.

Don't come and say how it could be a useless weight on his shoulders. He's already a fan favorite in MTL. He was the fans' biggest hero excluding Halak. He's the type of guy who'll perform when he NEEDS to stand up, and I think the more responsibilities he has, the more successful he is.

Cammalleri, Gionta or Markov please. I don't get why all these people come and suggest Gorges. You DON'T name a guy like Gorges captain, not on a team with proven, quality leaders such as Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gill and Markov. There are no reason to give the "C" to a 24 years old bottom-pairing d-man with such individuals. I'm not sure it would be a unanimous decision if Gorges was being named captain.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 05:22 AM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
And that's the way it should be.

Unity is of prime importance, especially in the face of the local media. You can be sure that this would make bigger 'news' if it was the other way. The team and its fans don't need any more controversy than is already created by team decisions or movements or player situations or... manufactured by a headline hungry media.

If Cammalleri has any 'problems' with Price or the administration's decision then that should be dealt with 'in the family'.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 05:27 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Agreed, excellent addition to the board. For christ sakes, we need more optimists and rationalists on this board because we are heavily outnumbered.
agreed, hopefully its an off-season thing

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 05:55 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
he could have focused on the loss of Halak, but instead, he went right into how the canadiens are now a team, not individuals.

it might be a long time before the collective of canadiens fans understand that after so many years of looking at the parts instead of the sum.
True. Not to derail the thread, but even though Gionta, Gomez, Cammy, Gill etc are all more or less mercenaries (read: UFAs after the money), I think the real mercenaries were Kovalev, Tanguay, Higgins, a little bit of Koivu at the end, guys who wanted their cheque and nothing else. Now, it's a team. I think that that's the most important, or basic step in becoming successful.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommallionta View Post
What? I didn't hear Gomez say anything.
They don't have reporters in Alaska

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:29 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
QFT. I find it sad to see so many fans stuck on the idol phenomenon instead of just enjoying the sport. I believe most of the athletes who've reached the NHL did so not because of pure skill, but because of their overall attitude. Low achievers look at the loss, high achievers look at the learning process... which eliminates "success / failures" stereotypes. Team spirit and focus on learning and motivation, these are the keys... we should focus on these as fans, then we could understand how sport really works.
Agree 100%.....I've been saying the same forever. Just in a different way .

Too many little kids on these boards though, so this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over their EASports, MMA, WWE and 50cent brains.

But at least there are some here who actually do "get it".

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:14 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Just watching this guy's (Cammy) attitude in the playoffs... The way he played, the way he speaks, the way he always looks like he wants more... I'm getting to wonder how good a captain he'd be.

Don't come and say how it could be a useless weight on his shoulders. He's already a fan favorite in MTL. He was the fans' biggest hero excluding Halak. He's the type of guy who'll perform when he NEEDS to stand up, and I think the more responsibilities he has, the more successful he is.

Cammalleri, Gionta or Markov please. I don't get why all these people come and suggest Gorges. You DON'T name a guy like Gorges captain, not on a team with proven, quality leaders such as Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gill and Markov. There are no reason to give the "C" to a 24 years old bottom-pairing d-man with such individuals. I'm not sure it would be a unanimous decision if Gorges was being named captain.
I have to disagree with you, for a captain, you don't need to look at his age or what pairing/line he is playing at. Captains are getting younger and younger (Toews, Staal, Crosby, Ovetchkin, Nash, Brown, Weber). Gorges, to me, is the best option. We see him talk to the reporters almost everyday, he is workhorse on the ice (I don't know how he is off the ice) and he came back after getting hit by Green's shot the day after where most people would either miss a few games or not play 100%. Cammalleri would be my 3rd choice behind Gionta, but that dosen't mean he is bad. We are lucky to have many leaders in the room and, right now Cammalleri might the fan favorite, but I'm scared that french media will blast him for not speaking french and blast him for every tiny locker room problem like they did for Koivu. Last thing I wanna see is Cammalleri unhappy in Montreal for all the random criticism he'll get.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
I have to disagree with you, for a captain, you don't need to look at his age or what pairing/line he is playing at. Captains are getting younger and younger (Toews, Staal, Crosby, Ovetchkin, Nash, Brown, Weber). Gorges, to me, is the best option. We see him talk to the reporters almost everyday, he is workhorse on the ice (I don't know how he is off the ice) and he came back after getting hit by Green's shot the day after where most people would either miss a few games or not play 100%. Cammalleri would be my 3rd choice behind Gionta, but that dosen't mean he is bad. We are lucky to have many leaders in the room and, right now Cammalleri might the fan favorite, but I'm scared that french media will blast him for not speaking french and blast him for every tiny locker room problem like they did for Koivu. Last thing I wanna see is Cammalleri unhappy in Montreal for all the random criticism he'll get.
Well, let's face it, none of our potential captains speak French : Markov, Gorges, Cammy, Gionta. I don't see why Cammy would have it harder than anyone else.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Well, let's face it, none of our potential captains speak French : Markov, Gorges, Cammy, Gionta. I don't see why Cammy would have it harder than anyone else.
Darche would be perfect.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:37 PM
habtastic

To address the "what else was he going to say" argument, it's not THAT he said it, it's how he articulate it. I also genuinely believe he has faith in Price and please put those rumours away that Price is not liked in the dressing room. People don't realise what a cohesive group BG/PG have assembled and after the playoff run, there's going to be some real identity to our team. I also am a fan of the youth movement. It will pay off in the long run.

I believe in Carey Price.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post

.....and none of our Captains have spoken french since Carbo left in '94 so it really shouldn't be as big of a deal as it once was.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
.....and none of our Captains have spoken french since Carbo left in '94 so it really shouldn't be as big of a deal as it once was.
Damphousse and Turgeon!

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 09:13 PM
ruski17

Although he is not my 1st choice, I'm pretty sure Markov will be the next captain. Ironic how he became a canadian citizen right before Martin announces there will be a captain. Next, in an RDS video, he says the captain is a guy who loves to play for the Canadiens and for Canada and Marov just got his citizenship.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm not saying Cammy doesn't believe what he's saying. Not at all. As a matter of fact, EVERYBODY, even the one who hates him for all sorts of reasons, believes in Price's potential. From ex-goalies, to goalies coaches that were interviewed, to everybody but Réjean Tremblay......every single one of them would still believe Price will end up the best goalie. So not sure why Cammy, a Habs player, a guy who, on top of everything, has to back up every decision made by his team, wouldn't believe it either.

But I believe that the most important exercice till the start of the preseason games is damage control. Every Habs player, from the most beloved, to the most respected, has to come out big for Price in order to reduce the pressure that the fans and media, but especially the fans, will come out with at the very start of the season.

In resume, if Cammy, Gionta, Markov or any of those guys come out loud and say to the crowd how stupid you would be to boo this kid based on everything else but his actual play, you might actually have a slim chance of the crowd being able to behave.

I still, to this day, believe that if Price can't pull miracles, it won't happen. I've rarely seen so much love for a player (Halak) vs so much hate for another playing the same position and kinda of stealing the position from the other, to not believe the crowd, as stupid as we already know they are, won't be all over him waiting for him to fail, chanting Halak and so on....

I mean, even Ron Fournier started last week to get in the damage control exercice. Asking the fans to go fishing, to recuperate from this great season, to cool off so when they'll come back, they'll be less tempted to be in the kid's head.....I mean even journalists are starting to be on that bandwagon...can't imagine intelligent players wouldn't want to come out as well and do the same.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM
rumple03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
Although he is not my 1st choice, I'm pretty sure Markov will be the next captain. Ironic how he became a canadian citizen right before Martin announces there will be a captain. Next, in an RDS video, he says the captain is a guy who loves to play for the Canadiens and for Canada and Marov just got his citizenship.
Markov can't play for Canada because he's already played for Russia, although I may stand corrected. I think the big thing here is to just relax. If we have this many leaders on our team as choices for Captain, then I think the team is in good hands.

The thing that makes Montreal the greatest place to play is also the thing that makes it the worst. The fans and media have no patience for players, especially the younger developing ones. One minute the player is the savior of the franchise and the next they want him traded.

My predictions, the team will need to fight tooth and nail for every point. The good news being they have the core players that went through extreme adversity in last years playoffs. This builds an extremely strong team unity. JM is bringing up some youth and hopefully the fans and media will let the incredible leadership on this team turn them in to professional hockey players before chasing them out of town the first
time one of kids goes through a rough patch.

rumple03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:54 AM
CanadienErrant*

Did Price been interviewed since the Halak's trade ?

Maybe he is pissed off NOT TO BE THE ONE who had been traded ?

Maybe that is why it is taking so long to sign him ????

Old
07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Did Price been interviewed since the Halak's trade ?

Maybe he is pissed off NOT TO BE THE ONE who had been traded ?

Maybe that is why it is taking so long to sign him ????
maybe, and maybe you should take a break from listening to sports radio

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:03 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
maybe, and maybe you should take a break from listening to sports radio
I am not.

This place is open to discussions. None of us is a GM or realted to a pro hockey organization. My opinion worths yours, buddy !