HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston/LA

Old
07-17-2010, 11:32 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
I think usually trading partners try to accomodate each other, that's why.

How about we keep Savard?

Now, is there anyone within reason you might be interested in for Hickey? Prospect, PMD but has been injured probably more than he's been healthy.
First proposal was unreasonable. See above. But you know you don't want to keep Savard...

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Martyros

How about one of Hickey/Voynov for Savard straight up?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Fingolfin

Assuming the Kings land Kovalchuk, their only remaining needs would be to upgrade the second line center (Stoll) and to *add* a #3/4 defenseman. As such, don't expect LA to be parting with anything but picks or prospects unless it's in a package to upgrade at the exact same position. Also, they can't afford to deal any of their current crop of defensemen.

Stoll + pick/prospect for Savard is the only deal that really makes any sense for LA.

Last edited by Fingolfin: 07-17-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
Assuming the Kings land Kovalchuk, there only remaining needs would be to upgrade the second line center (Stoll) and to *add* a #3/4 defenseman. As such, don't expect LA to be parting with anything but picks or prospects unless it's in a package to upgrade at the exact same position. Also, they can't afford to deal any of their current crop of defensemen.

Stoll + pick/prospect for Savard is the only deal that really makes any sense for LA.
I agree with you, a deal between LA & Bos just doesnt work. LA needs a center but Boston isnt looking to "dump" Savard for picks/ prospects. I agree w/ your logic, LA looking to add, perhaps a team like Tampa or Dallas who may be looking to trade their top centers for picks or prospects... Lecavalier or Richards would look great in black & purple behind Kopitar

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:30 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Why do the Kings care what Boston needs?

You have cap problems and obviously want to move a center. And Ryder? Why do we want Ryder? Just another player and salary you want to dump.

Martinez and a 2nd for Savard
C'mon man. This post is the zenith of your "team's in trouble will give away top assets for free" fantasy camp.

I truly hope you are joking with this proposal. Martinez is a career fringe NHL'er at best.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I agree with you, a deal between LA & Bos just doesnt work. LA needs a center but Boston isnt looking to "dump" Savard for picks/ prospects. I agree w/ your logic, LA looking to add, perhaps a team like Tampa or Dallas who may be looking to trade their top centers for picks or prospects... Lecavalier or Richards would look great in black & purple behind Kopitar
Richards i'd take, but i'll stay hell away from Lecavalier.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
First proposal was unreasonable. See above.
Sure it was, but I was commenting more on your sentiment about why you wouldn't care what your trading partner needs as opposed to the silly trade proposal.

Quote:
But you know you don't want to keep Savard...
Actually, I'm in the keep Savard camp. He's a key player, a playmaking center, and will continue to be so despite his concussion at the end of last season. And his cap hit is sweet. Savard, Krejci and Bergeron as our top-3 centers (Seguin on wing) will serve us well until Seguin is ready to replace Savard, probably in a couple of years.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Sure it was, but I was commenting more on your sentiment about why you wouldn't care what your trading partner needs as opposed to the silly trade proposal.

Actually, I'm in the keep Savard camp. He's a key player, a playmaking center, and will continue to be so despite his concussion at the end of last season. And his cap hit is sweet. Savard, Krejci and Bergeron as our top-3 centers (Seguin on wing) will serve us well until Seguin is ready to replace Savard, probably in a couple of years.
I over-reacted to the bad trade proposal. Does Boston need to move someone to help with their cap situation? I haven't followed the Bruins that closely this off season. If the answer is yes, who would you suggest? I don't think the Kings would have any interest in anything from Boston other than a playmaking center.

Old
07-17-2010, 12:59 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Richards i'd take, but i'll stay hell away from Lecavalier.
I think the Kings should be taking a long look at Richards. They can afford his cap hit this season and can probably negotiate a better cap hit on his next contract. Dallas isn't going to be able to keep this guy if he wants to play for a contender before he retires.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
C'mon man. This post is the zenith of your "team's in trouble will give away top assets for free" fantasy camp.

I truly hope you are joking with this proposal. Martinez is a career fringe NHL'er at best.
Yeah, it's a bad one. I had a poor reaction to the initial proposal.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:18 PM
amt98Bruin
Return of Savvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
Going to have to pass:
- I like Savard's game a lot, but don't like the combination of age and contract.
- Never been a fan of Ryder's
- Plus after using JJ in so many proposal's last offseason we finally saw a lot last season and have no interest in dealing him.
- Don't like trading old talent for young talent
How do you not like his contract? He makes 500k for his last two years

amt98Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:24 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt98Bruin View Post
That means absolutely nothing to us. He's 33 and has a cap hit of 4+ mil until he's 40. Sure that's pretty good for now, but in a couple of seasons we're going to need that cap space and can't be spending 4 mil on a 36-37 year old center.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
we are already short 1 d-man

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
I think the Kings should be taking a long look at Richards. They can afford his cap hit this season and can probably negotiate a better cap hit on his next contract. Dallas isn't going to be able to keep this guy if he wants to play for a contender before he retires.
I agree. But I wouldn't Stoll unless I was able to extend Richards first at a reasonable cap hit. Of course Dallas would have to give the kings permission, but that's the only way I'd do it.

Smyth/Kopitar/Williams
Kovy/Richards/Brown
Parse/Zus/Simmonds
Clune/Richie/????

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:41 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
I agree. But I wouldn't Stoll unless I was able to extend Richards first at a reasonable cap hit. Of course Dallas would have to give the kings permission, but that's the only way I'd do it.

Smyth/Kopitar/Williams
Kovy/Richards/Brown
Parse/Zus/Simmonds
Clune/Richie/????
Westgarth, Schenn, and Clifford will all probably make the team IMO.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 06:04 PM
LAKings4ever

Quote:
First of all, I would like to wish Marc a happy bithday - he is know 33 yrs old. His salary over the next 4 yrs:

33 - 7 mil
34 - 7 mil
35 - 6.5 mil
36 - 5 mil

His cap hit over the next 7 yrs is just over 4 mil which is affordable, but I really don't like the actual salaries over the next 4 yrs - he is getting overpaid, especially when you factor in decline over these years. As I mentioned earlier, I like his game a lot and think he would fit in well with our team, just not at that price.

Last edited by LAKings4ever: 07-17-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: stupid spelling errors
LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 06:19 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
First of all, I would like to wish Marc a happy bithday - he is know 33 yrs old. His salary over the next 4 yrs:

33 - 7 mil
34 - 7 mil
35 - 6.5 mil
36 - 5 mil

His cap hit over the next 7 yrs is just over 4 mil which is affordable, but I really don't like the actual salaries over the next 4 yrs - he is getting overpaid, especially when you factor in decline over these years. As I mentioned earlier, I like his game a lot and think he would fit in well with our team, just not at that price.
Even with the salary, if the cap hit is just over 4 million, you jump on it, cap hit is more important with LA, than actual salary, Dallas on the other hand is the complete opposite, actual salary going out is gonna be more important than cap hit until they get a new owner.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Kingler

IMO, this is such a joke. Pretty much everyone was raving about how great Savard cap hit was last season when he signed the extension. It was easy to see that after a 97, 96, 78, and 88 pts season.

IMO, the fact that he had an injury plagued season doesn't diminished the bargain of a deal he signed. If he has a healthy next season, and he end up scoring 80+ pts again, then the contract becomes "a bargain" again next summer....

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:00 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
IMO, this is such a joke. Pretty much everyone was raving about how great Savard cap hit was last season when he signed the extension. It was easy to see that after a 97, 96, 78, and 88 pts season.

IMO, the fact that he had an injury plagued season doesn't diminished the bargain of a deal he signed. If he has a healthy next season, and he end up scoring 80+ pts again, then the contract becomes "a bargain" again next summer....
Sure, but it won't be a bargain when he's 37 and still has a 4 mil cap hit.

Old
07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Sure, but it won't be a bargain when he's 37 and still has a 4 mil cap hit.
Then you are not going to be happy with Kovlachuk's contract.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi to Kovy View Post
Well Hickey was picked 4th overall a few years back. He's a little on the small side, but he's a PMD and a very smart player. He was the captain of the Canadian junior team a few years back. He looks to be a top 4 and not sure if Dean would trade him right now, but I personally would do Williams + Hickey for Savard.
I watched Hickey play in Washington...I think he's worth holding onto....

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Omni Owl

I want Bergeron, or Savard. Either one would be great, thx.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Would any King fans consider:

To LA:
Marc Savard
Micheal Ryder
BOS 5th Round Pick

To Boston:
Jack Johnson
Justin Williams
It isn't that the deal is so totally off base that it is offensive, its just not a good one for us. JJ is looking like with a bit more time and effort that he could end up a HOF type of talent. He isn't there yet but all the skills are there and they are showing signs of coming together and to deal him now would be pretty foolish on our part unless we got a like type of talent in return (young solid and excellent).

He as of right now would be a top pairing guy on pretty much every team in the league ( ican think of three teams that he might start off as a second pairing #3 guy but that wouldn't last too long).. At his age the return would have to be a pretty big over payment for us to move him.

From Boston I would want Kriejci and there isn't any way that they would want to move him (for those of you who haven't seen him play on a consistent basis think Kopi with slightly less in the speed and consistency categories but time will fix that).

Savard is just too big of a gamble due to his serious head injury(s) (one in particular) too risk making him the centerpiece of a deal in my opinion.

He would be a nice add to the team but not somebody that I (at this point) would want to be forced to rely on. His most recent concussion might still be effecting his play (it has been too soon since it happened for us to be %100 certain that he is back to good) and while he would have to pass a physical to be dealt, that doesn't mean that he wont still be effected in other ways.).

I would pass on this.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Oh yeah and his salary is just too much money for his age and the potential of his head going all wobbly again.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:38 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Then you are not going to be happy with Kovlachuk's contract.
Kovy's 6 years younger, so we'd get 6 more years out of him (hypothetically).