HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Gagne would be exactly what this team needs offensively - quick, good defensively, hands of gold. I would love to have him. Too bad his contract actually expires after this season....It would be nice to acquire a player that can grow with the team.

Who knows though....Lets see if Poile has something up his sleeve.

07-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Gagne would be exactly what this team needs offensively - quick, good defensively, hands of gold. I would love to have him. Too bad his contract actually expires after this season....It would be nice to acquire a player that can grow with the team.

Who knows though....Lets see if Poile has something up his sleeve.
What on Earth could we possibly offer them though?

Old
07-03-2010, 12:34 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
What on Earth could we possibly offer them though?
Parent, of course.

Old
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kovalchuk a Devil, 7 years - 60 million

Old
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Nothing is official yet, but if it's true, I would expect Zubrus to get bought out or dealt some time soon. Maybe Salvador or White as well.

Old
07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

RIP Bob Probert

Old
07-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kyle Beach injures Mathis Olimb (out for 4 months)

This kid is a moron

Old
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I am so glad we went with Ellis over this kid. Dumb as a brick. What a teammate.

Old
07-18-2010, 02:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
I missed this a couple of days ago and if its been discussed elsewhere please move or delete this post.. but the Wild extended koivu for 7 years at 6.75mil per??

and people think we overpaid for potential on legwand???

of course this is the same team that pays Zidlicky 4 million and Zanon 2 million so I guess Leipold doesnt worry about losing money in Minny...

Old
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
of course this is the same team that pays Zidlicky 4 million and Zanon 2 million so I guess Leipold doesnt worry about losing money in Minny...
Eh.....not from what I hear from Minny fan.....

Old
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
I missed this a couple of days ago and if its been discussed elsewhere please move or delete this post.. but the Wild extended koivu for 7 years at 6.75mil per??

and people think we overpaid for potential on legwand???
What's better.. Death by drowing or death by a gunshot?

I think Koivu is pretty overpaid. I suppose they are counting on his continued improvement and the cap continuing to go up.

Zanon is a different story in my mind. He was sorely missed last year on the PK. Dare I say I would've rather had Zanon than Hamhuis last year. Not to mention, we could've gotten a kings randsom for Hamhuis last offseason too.

Old
07-19-2010, 07:28 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
What's better.. Death by drowing or death by a gunshot?

I think Koivu is pretty overpaid. I suppose they are counting on his continued improvement and the cap continuing to go up.

Zanon is a different story in my mind. He was sorely missed last year on the PK. Dare I say I would've rather had Zanon than Hamhuis last year. Not to mention, we could've gotten a kings randsom for Hamhuis last offseason too.
I'll disagree simply because I think Zanon could be one of the top 3 most overrated Predators of all time. He was a great shot blocker, yes, but that was literally ALL he was good at. He was terrible positionally, slow, and completely devoid of physicality. I think our PK suffered due to one aspect in particular going missing...the ability to win a faceoff on special teams. Losing Nichol and Fiddler hurt more than losing Zanon, IMO. Smithson, normally pretty reliable in terms of faceoff percentage, had a down year in PK FO%. Legwand did as well, though his % in other situations was about on par for where it normally is.

Old
07-19-2010, 08:50 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'll disagree simply because I think Zanon could be one of the top 3 most overrated Predators of all time. He was a great shot blocker, yes, but that was literally ALL he was good at. He was terrible positionally, slow, and completely devoid of physicality. I think our PK suffered due to one aspect in particular going missing...the ability to win a faceoff on special teams. Losing Nichol and Fiddler hurt more than losing Zanon, IMO. Smithson, normally pretty reliable in terms of faceoff percentage, had a down year in PK FO%. Legwand did as well, though his % in other situations was about on par for where it normally is.
I agree with your premise on, but disagree with your numbers for Smithson. He was under 50% at the dot shorthanded in 08-09 and that number climbed in 09-10. The major differences were Legwand's significant drop at the PK dot and the reduced number of guys we had who took a large number of draws with a decent percentage.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think the thing that made zanon valuble was the he communicated quite well on the ice.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
this was one of his FIVE fights at camp. Somebodys not making himself any friends...

I love competitors, but this goes too far. Cant wait for Weber to lay him out

Old
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kovalchuk 100 million dollar man ? ... until the age of 45

Old
07-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Thank god thats over....

Old
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Soundgarden

Bummer, I thought we really had a chance to get him.

Old
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Lamoriello may have just been waiting to get his ducks in a row to sign Kovalchuk.

Gagne to Tampa for Matt Walker and a 4th round pick. Say what you want about Poile (and I certainly do), but at least he's not a complete loony.

Old
07-19-2010, 03:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Lamoriello may have just been waiting to get his ducks in a row to sign Kovalchuk.

Gagne to Tampa for Matt Walker and a 4th round pick. Say what you want about Poile (and I certainly do), but at least he's not a complete loony.
I'm pissed off that someone else figured out Homer is a moron and is taking advantage of him like Poile usually does.

Old
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

What a terrible trade for philly. I guess everyone knew that they were just dumping salary and lowballed every offer. But seriously, was this the best they could do?

Old
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm pissed off that someone else figured out Homer is a moron and is taking advantage of him like Poile usually does.
Yzerman seems to be making a name for himself pretty early on here.

The most remarkable part about this is that Tampa is now at $47M in total payroll. They still have to sign Downie and Ranger (I guess - nobody knows if he's even going to play again), but that's enough money to go out and make at least one more decent addition before the season starts. That is, of course, assuming they don't have an internal budget under their new owner. This team should be right in the thick of the playoff race even if they don't make that extra addition, though.

Old
07-20-2010, 12:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Kovalchuks contract should force the next CBA to set some type of maximum range between the highest and lowest paid years of a multi year contract.

what a complete farce it is to have 5 years of league minimum that both sides know will never get paid in order to allow an multiple years at 11.5 to fit in under the cap.

I really wish Bettman had the balls to void this contract...

Old
07-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Kovalchuks contract should force the next CBA to set some type of maximum range between the highest and lowest paid years of a multi year contract.

what a complete farce it is to have 5 years of league minimum that both sides know will never get paid in order to allow an multiple years at 11.5 to fit in under the cap.

I really wish Bettman had the balls to void this contract...
why ? ... Poile is going to do the same thing with Weber & Suter's next contracts

Old
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
why ? ... Poile is going to do the same thing with Weber & Suter's next contracts
because youll start having people that are 35 sign 10 year contracts that pay 5 mil the first 2 years and league mininum the next 8, so the cap hit would be well about a million a year. This will get out of hand in a very short amount of time.

(NOTE- I would love Poile to lock down Weber and Suter immedietly so they are signed before the new CBA fixes this. As long as everyone else is gonna cheat......)

Closed Thread