HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Simon Gagne to Tampa Bay (EDIT: Confirmed)

Old
07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
JayBee would you be whining about the goaltending being weaker if we had traded Price instead of Halak? Because then our goaltending would be Halak/Auld (some other backup) which is much weaker than Halak/Price.
It depends on many factors...

How much Halak got paid
What the return was for Price
What other moves were made

I know it hurts you guys, but I'm not a Halak or Price supporter/detractor. Price is inconsistent...fact. It hurts some of you to read this for some reason.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:39 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Except if Gagne falls down he's injured. Oh and Lecavalier's had multiple shoulder surgeries since in the last 3 years and his goal scoring touch is fading every time he has another operation. He and Pleks were even on points this last season.

St. Louis isn't powering Lecavalier's engine anymore either, he's got Stamkos going so don't expect that trend to really reverse, Lecavalier's best numbers all came from St. Louis being his winger.
Or you could take a joke. That works as well.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You are the one who brought up Halak not me.

You are counting 101 games played as History? Especially that Halak broke out in only about 34 games.

History shows us that Price can play good considering he put up stellar numbers in his first year as well as his first 26 of 49 starts the year after until he got hurt.

History also shows us that Price played well this year until november. History also shows us that goalie's at 22 tend to struggle.

The top 6 produced. The bottom 6 had 9 of Montreal's 49 goals in the playoffs. Clear where the problem was.

Also, you are looking at one playoff series to discount what happen in the other 14 games, that's stupid. Especially considering how good the Flyers were, had they had a decent goalie, they could have beaten the Hawks, that's how good they were.
Dude, remove Cam and Gionta's numbers and those guys were responsible for damn near HALF of their goals. 2 guys...top 6 accounted for 9 goals....what did the top 6 have aside from Gionta and Cam? You don't count on your bottom 6 to handle the load when it comes to scoring goals. It's the top 6's job to score goals....Gomez, Pleks, Andrei, Pouillot were not able to handle the load in terms of goal scoring.

Dude, go look up that thread titled "The Habs are so easy to play against" that was made prior to the Philly series. Again, the book on the Habs is to pressure the D, hit their forwards and they will crumble.

There's no poitn talking about Halak/Price. People are way too biased whether it's for Halak or Price. I'm not going to get into it. No Point.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
It depends on many factors...

How much Halak got paid
What the return was for Price
What other moves were made

I know it hurts you guys, but I'm not a Halak or Price supporter/detractor. Price is inconsistent...fact. It hurts some of you to read this for some reason.
No you keep saying that Price/Auld is weaker than Halak/Price. Now you have these other criteria?

So in your opinion would Halak/Auldbe weaker than Halak/Price?

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:49 AM
saints96

Quote:
Dude, remove Cam and Gionta's numbers and those guys were responsible for damn near HALF of their goals. 2 guys...top 6 accounted for 9 goals....what did the top 6 have aside from Gionta and Cam? You don't count on your bottom 6 to handle the load when it comes to scoring goals. It's the top 6's job to score goals....Gomez, Pleks, Andrei, Pouillot were not able to handle the load in terms of goal scoring.

Dude, go look up that thread titled "The Habs are so easy to play against" that was made prior to the Philly series. Again, the book on the Habs is to pressure the D, hit their forwards and they will crumble.

There's no poitn talking about Halak/Price. People are way too biased whether it's for Halak or Price. I'm not going to get into it. No Point.
You know what also has no point? Getting your panties in a bunch before the season starts. Worrying about players performances 2-3 months before the hit the ice. Just wait and see what happens and stop freaking out and whining every day about it. We get it, your concerned.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Andy

Quote:
Remove Malkin and Crosby from pittsburgh and they don't win the cup in 09 and don't get passed Ottawa in the first round.

Remove Toews from the first round and the Hawks don't get passed the predators.

Gagner doesn't come back and remove Leino and Flyers don't beat the Bruins.

See I can do it also. Gionta and Cammalleri are snipers, they scored the goals. Plekanec and Gomez are playmakers and they got the assists, therefore they produced.

Quote:
So the habs ran out of gas against a better team...this means that we shouldn't play hockey the upcoming season because?

The main problem with the canadiens is that we lacked depth. Adding Eller and Boyd fixes this area not only for now, but also for the future. Imagine that, a gm that thinks beyond the next season? The full extent of Eller and Boyd's contribution will not be felt next, but in the future, considering we won't win a cup next year, but that doesn't mean you don't try. The canadiens made the right moves.

Quote:
You brought up the "history shows us" point and I answered it.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:53 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
No you keep saying that Price/Auld is weaker than Halak/Price. Now you have these other criteria?

So in your opinion would Halak/Auldbe weaker than Halak/Price?
Marginally weaker.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:55 AM
icerocket

Quote:
Marginally weaker.
Well atleast we know where you biases lay.

Apparently Price is only marginally better than Auld

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Remove Malkin and Crosby from pittsburgh and they don't win the cup in 09 and don't get passed Ottawa in the first round.

Remove Toews from the first round and the Hawks don't get passed the predators.

Gagner doesn't come back and remove Leino and Flyers don't beat the Bruins.
Give Markov to Montreal. We win the cup!

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Gustave

So...... Gagné to TB huh? That's gonna suck.

PS. Can we just move on from the Halak era? You know, it's done and over with. Let's not hijack everything second thread to talk about it, no?

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Tline250

Who's care about ****in frenchies players?

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Or you could take a joke. That works as well.
Not sure when the whole 'TB will be better than us' is a joke anymore, met way too many people who seem to think it will happen.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:09 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Not sure when the whole 'TB will be better than us' is a joke anymore, met way too many people who seem to think it will happen.
Well, I was just refering how Tampa has 3 or the best 5 or so french Quebecois (if they do get Gagné). According to many media personalities, this is what the Habs should do to have success.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:13 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Don't you know that it's a "joke" to think any team is better than Montreal?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:18 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Well atleast we know where you biases lay.

Apparently Price is only marginally better than Auld
Right, because I think Halak at this point in time is better than Price I'm biased. I guess you're biased as well.

I think Price is slightly better than Auld.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Don't you know that it's a "joke" to think any team is better than Montreal?
Well considering Gagner is still on the Flyers and that Tampa's defense is still not that great, I don't know if we can say they are a better team, especially since the season hasn't started yet.

People said spoke favorable about tampa last year because they got Hedman and signed Ohlund and Walker, but they still had trouble.

Their defense isn't much better. They lost Foster who was key to thier powerplay success and replaced Smith with Ellis who also has question marks as a starter.

We'll see.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Pathetic, really. Learn something about the team. They're far from dire straights financially.
New owner, same empty seats...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
New owner, same empty seats...
lol this made laugh I don't know why.

Tampa will never have a successful hockey market.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Andy

With the signing of Kovalchuk, don't be surprised if LA pushed hard for Gagner.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
Who's care about ****in frenchies players?
French players historically got more stanley cup rings, I know it is not the case presently (hockey development in Quebec is struggling). Montreal is in Quebec, a province where the most spoken language is french. I can add more...

Old
07-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Aurel Joliat

An other Tampa rumor by RDS...

Renaud Lavoie want a little trip (an other) during his vacation.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:29 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
lol this made laugh I don't know why.

Tampa will never have a successful hockey market.
They can hope, the interest is just not there and will most likely never be. I pity the owner who WILL surely lose money.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
French players historically got more stanley cup rings, I know it is not the case presently (hockey development in Quebec is struggling). Montreal is in Quebec, a province where the most spoken language is french. I can add more...
Well considering that historically the Montreal Canadiens have held the most Quebecois players and that they have won 24 stanley cups in over 100 years of hockey I would say that it would make sense that most french players have won.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:31 AM
chillmat

If Gagné moves to TB, "warm-seaters" will have a hard time deciding for who they will cheer, Pittsburgh or Tampa...

chillmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:33 AM
deandebean

Reading this thread is funny.

1. Didn't the Habs go to the conference final? Why all the negativity?
2. So Gagné is rumoured to be going to Tampa. Really, who cares about Tampa. They are not in our division, hence, we won't have to play against them much. They will have a HOT division to play into. Facing Washington and Hotlanta won't be a walk in the park.
3. Tampa is not a hockey market. It could be a market that topples in a couple of years. They are losing money galore, no question.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote