HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers sign Zherdev (one-year deal reported at $2 million)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
  #476
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
Now that Gagne is gone, what are the chances that Z takes #12? I really don't want him to but the thought crossed my mind.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
  #477
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
Zherdev had #13. In all honesty, I think he should take #31 or #73 or something.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
  #478
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Zherdev had #13. In all honesty, I think he should take #31 or #73 or something.
I know that he had #13 but since Carcillo (if he's even on the team) 12 is the closest number.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
  #479
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I know that he had #13 but since Carcillo (if he's even on the team) 12 is the closest number.
I find that no one should be allowed to have #12.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
  #480
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Timmy Kerr wore #12 as well. And as much as I like gagne, timmy was actually better.

31 is unofficially retired

I can't see them retiring a #anytime soon, unless someone they drafted goes on to have a HOF career and cups.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
  #481
ArmchairGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
They wouldn't give Upshall #10; there's no way they give Zherdev #12.


Last edited by ArmchairGM: 07-19-2010 at 11:25 PM.
ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
  #482
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
I think Zherdev should wear #84, because only one other player in history wore it.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
  #483
ArmchairGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I think Zherdev should wear #84, because only one other player in history wore it.
Tell you the truth, he feels like a #93. Although he will probably wear #26.

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:39 PM
  #484
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairGM View Post
Tell you the truth, he feels like a #93. Although he will probably wear #26.
No, not Zus!

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
  #485
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,639
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
It would be sick of Zherdev wears 71 in the reverse tribute to Kharlamov.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
  #486
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I think Zherdev should wear #84, because only one other player in history wore it.
69, as well, right?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 11:49 PM
  #487
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Timmy Kerr wore #12 as well. And as much as I like gagne, timmy was actually better.

31 is unofficially retired

I can't see them retiring a #anytime soon, unless someone they drafted goes on to have a HOF career and cups.
It is verrrryyyy early, but Richards has a chance if he plays out his career here as captain.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:18 AM
  #488
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Andrew Knoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
^^^ is 10 retired? It should be for Johnny V.

I hope Zherdev does something in tribute to VK, seems appropriate and protects #12.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:34 AM
  #489
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
He should wear 69 to prove he's a man.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:59 AM
  #490
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,699
vCash: 50
if I gave a rats ass and had money to bet on what # Zherdev wears I say #96

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:43 AM
  #491
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
Wait, who wore #69 before? And yes, I got the joke...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 02:19 AM
  #492
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
I started laughing earlier because I realized, myself included, we've more or less all disregarded this signing. Zherdev could be really good for us next year, especially at 2 mil. Does everyone forget how frustrated we were at Simon during this regular season? No doubt Gagne scored goals in the playoffs that we would have otherwise been left dead without, but come on, we can move on from this trade. I'm certainly not happy with Homlgren, but the flyers fans out there talking about how they can't wait to watch us lose this year suck major wang. Seriously, **** you people.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 06:13 AM
  #493
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Could very well see Flyers doing the same with #12 as Habs did with #11 last year, protect it for atleast a year. Should be protected it until the guy (Koivu / Gagne) calls it a career, but Gomez is a *********.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 07:55 AM
  #494
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I started laughing earlier because I realized, myself included, we've more or less all disregarded this signing. Zherdev could be really good for us next year, especially at 2 mil. Does everyone forget how frustrated we were at Simon during this regular season? No doubt Gagne scored goals in the playoffs that we would have otherwise been left dead without, but come on, we can move on from this trade. I'm certainly not happy with Homlgren, but the flyers fans out there talking about how they can't wait to watch us lose this year suck major wang. Seriously, **** you people.
I seem to agree with you most of the time. I still think this team should be good this year. I'm not happy with this off season and especially the Gagne situation but I can't see not rooting for this team. Homer has certainly made some dumb ass moves but he got a last place team to the finals 3 seasons later.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
  #495
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
What's frustrating about this contract is if he performs well we're up **** creek without a paddle again next year, with no foreseeable replacement.

I'm sure that thought has already been exhausted in this thread, I just haven't kept up with it. I also can't find any win or positive to take from the Gagne Fiasco or the rest of the offseason. I'm damn near gassed with this team right now.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
  #496
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
What's frustrating about this contract is if he performs well we're up **** creek without a paddle again next year, with no foreseeable replacement.

I'm sure that thought has already been exhausted in this thread, I just haven't kept up with it. I also can't find any win or positive to take from the Gagne Fiasco or the rest of the offseason. I'm damn near gassed with this team right now.
We don't really have a choice though. You only sign him this cheap if it's 1 year because he has every intention of performing well and making more money. If we wanted more years, we'd have to pay more money, and that's not something we could do.

It should prove to be mutually beneficial. Zherdev re-establishes himself in this league and more than likely earns a nice raise next year. The Flyers get a very skilled winger well below his percieved worth for a season.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:42 PM
  #497
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
We don't really have a choice though. You only sign him this cheap if it's 1 year because he has every intention of performing well and making more money. If we wanted more years, we'd have to pay more money, and that's not something we could do.

It should prove to be mutually beneficial. Zherdev re-establishes himself in this league and more than likely earns a nice raise next year. The Flyers get a very skilled winger well below his percieved worth for a season.
Oh, I know why it's only one year. It just sucks that there really isn't anything to fall back on through all of this. For me, at least.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
  #498
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,249
vCash: 500
Let me put it this way, if Zherdev does very well and Leino is a bit iffy, I'd say let Leino go and Zherdev get re-signed.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
  #499
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Let me put it this way, if Zherdev does very well and Leino is a bit iffy, I'd say let Leino go and Zherdev get re-signed.
It'd be tight. I posted this in another thread, but I think we'd have 11 million (plus limited cap space) to resign Carter, Giroux, Zherdev, Leino, Carcillo, and O'Donnell. That's not a whole lot of money. I mean, Giroux + Carter could potentially > $10 million. This is, of course, assuming that everything stays the same right now, but regardless, we're still gonna be up close against the cap.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 07:22 AM
  #500
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Interesting little quiz with Zherdev. Some things that stuck out to me...

Quote:
Is hockey a work, game or life to you?
"Work first"
Quote:
Best gift?
"A rubber woman I got for Birthday"
Quote:
Dream?
"Win the Stanley Cup and Olympic gold"

http://euroflyers.blogspot.com/2010/...h-zherdev.html

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.