HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Langenbrunner, Salvador, Prospect/Pick

Old
07-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
No thanks to Stafford. If the Devs are trading Langs, I'd rather have it be for a forward.
Huh? Stafford is a forward....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
Not one person has said Kaberle, yet?
Much as I hate the prospect of another team besides Buffalo landing Kaberle via trade, it wouldn't surprise me to see Burke consider Langenbrunner in a package for Kaberle. He obviously thinks highly of him based on his US Olympic selection, and the Leafs aren't really loaded with veteran, Cup-winning experience on their roster. One would think that young players like Kessel, Bozak and others could learn a lot from Langenbrunner.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Much as I hate the prospect of another team besides Buffalo landing Kaberle via trade, it wouldn't surprise me to see Burke consider Langenbrunner in a package for Kaberle. He obviously thinks highly of him based on his US Olympic selection, and the Leafs aren't really loaded with veteran, Cup-winning experience on their roster. One would think that young players like Kessel, Bozak and others could learn a lot from Langenbrunner.
One would think. But we've beaten this one to death with Leafs fans, they don't like it at all.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:31 AM
GE0

Quote:
35-year-old Langenbrunner makes zero sense for the Leafs with where they are at in their development.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
would the Blues have any interest in taking Salvador back for a draft pick or a prospect?
Not for a high pick or a top prospect... there's not really any room for Salvador on the Blues right now unless they can unload Brewer and his enormous cap hit on some poor unsuspecting victim.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
hockeyball

Would would the Devils wants from the Sharks for Langenbrunner? Just curious.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Personally, I don't think Lou will trade Jamie. I also believe he will have a bounce back year under Johnny Maclean. Langs and Lemaire clearly didn't get a long.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Not for a high pick or a top prospect... there's not really any room for Salvador on the Blues right now unless they can unload Brewer and his enormous cap hit on some poor unsuspecting victim.

you can have him for free.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I'd love for the Canucks to make the trade in the OP: Bieksa for Langenbrunner, Salvador and Eckford.

For the Canucks we'd have to send Salvador to Manitoba, and Eckford would come in handy considering we'd have to deal Shane O'Brien to make this fit.

It would still be tough - Gillis might have to talk Raymond into accepting a one year deal at a low cap hit.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Personally, I don't think Lou will trade Jamie. I also believe he will have a bounce back year under Johnny Maclean. Langs and Lemaire clearly didn't get a long.
Yes but does anyone have a sense if Lamoriello thought Lemaire was to blame for the squabbles or if he thought Langenbrunner was? When Lemaire retired, reports came out that Lamoriello had no plans to make a coaching change.

Old
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Yes but does anyone have a sense if Lamoriello thought Lemaire was to blame for the squabbles or if he thought Langenbrunner was? When Lemaire retired, reports came out that Lamoriello had no plans to make a coaching change.
Devils fans suspect that Lemaire was encouraged to retire in order to save face. And both MacLean and Lou have vouched for Langenbrunner remaining in the captaincy. Things might change, but for now I don't think Lou has much interest in trading Jamie.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
ComixZone

Langenbrunner to Calgary David Moss and a 3rd. (gives you a 3rd line RW who'll get you a steady 15 goals at 1.3 million and a 3rd)?

Not sure what Langenbrunner will be worth with his pending free agency and a full NTC, it might be appealing for him to go back to playing for B. Sutter.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
How about Langenbrunner for Bieksa straight up? Both are free agents after the season and you guys gain 1 mil in cap space.
I'd probably do this as a Canucks fan (dependent on how the cap situation shakes out), but I'm not sure how it helps the Devils. I'm assuming Salvador would most likely be moved in a separate deal in this circumstance (to a team like Anaheim)?

We'd have to move O'Brien, Alberts, and Hordichuk to make it fit with Raymond's extension, but it's definitely possible.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I'd probably do this as a Canucks fan (dependent on how the cap situation shakes out), but I'm not sure how it helps the Devils. I'm assuming Salvador would most likely be moved in a separate deal in this circumstance (to a team like Anaheim)?

We'd have to move O'Brien, Alberts, and Hordichuk to make it fit with Raymond's extension, but it's definitely possible.
I will cry if Alberts OR Hordicuck see time with the canucks this season ANYWAYS.

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
birddog*

Quote:
What defenseman can this package net the Devils?

Langenbrunner-Top 6 winger that can net 20 goals and 60 points. Only on the books for this season at a cap hit of $2.8 million.

Salvador-Good #5, sometimes top-4 d-man, who is on the books ths season and the next one at a cap hits of $2.9 million.

Pick/Prospect-Obviously these depend on the guy that is coming back in the deal. The only untouchables are Tedenby, Josefson, and Urbom. Eckford (24) is a guy that is NHL ready right now but will likely not make the team because of how many NHL ready d-men we have. He's big and mobile with a good shot. I'd like to move him to give him a chance.

So, any ideas?
Might get you Salvador but that's about it. That's a whole lot of nothing when you add it up.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote