HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammalleri backs Price as Habs' No. 1 Goalie

Old
07-18-2010, 12:14 PM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
To be honest, I think he secretly wanted a trade out of Montreal because he can't handle the pressure (he is mentally fragile) and showed some serious frustration last season. But in some way, Carey should be thankful he still has a NHL career and that management saved his job (again) so I hope he recognizes this. I know Brian Gionta was unhappy about Carey's work ethic earlier in the season and voiced his displeasure to management. This is also why Halak started to play more because he earned it. But Jacques Martin and management seem to really believe in this kid, so let's hope he proves them right...

Pierre Groulx spoke on RDS and says that he talks with Carey every weekend and that he's ready and eager to play.

I don't know why it's taking so long to sign him...I hope he isn't stupid enough to hold out or demand a trade.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 12:21 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
I have to disagree with you, for a captain, you don't need to look at his age or what pairing/line he is playing at. Captains are getting younger and younger (Toews, Staal, Crosby, Ovetchkin, Nash, Brown, Weber). Gorges, to me, is the best option. We see him talk to the reporters almost everyday, he is workhorse on the ice (I don't know how he is off the ice) and he came back after getting hit by Green's shot the day after where most people would either miss a few games or not play 100%. Cammalleri would be my 3rd choice behind Gionta, but that dosen't mean he is bad. We are lucky to have many leaders in the room and, right now Cammalleri might the fan favorite, but I'm scared that french media will blast him for not speaking french and blast him for every tiny locker room problem like they did for Koivu. Last thing I wanna see is Cammalleri unhappy in Montreal for all the random criticism he'll get.
Those guys all are established, quality players. It might not have any importance for you, but I doubt guys like Cammalleri, Gionta, Markov and Gomez will love being lead by Gorges, a guy who's just not established/has no experience compared to those 3, and who was one of the party animals of the team 2 years ago (I know that for a fact, choose to believe me or not).

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:25 PM
holyhabs87

Don't know if people read this already but according to Elliotte Friedman:

Montreal may have anointed Carey Price the starter by trading Jaroslav Halak and signing Alex Auld, but it sounds like the Canadiens are going to take a hard salary line. The organization might be best advised to eliminate any possible distractions for their young goalie, but, unless things change, this is going to be a battle.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Those guys all are established, quality players. It might not have any importance for you, but I doubt guys like Cammalleri, Gionta, Markov and Gomez will love being lead by Gorges, a guy who's just not established/has no experience compared to those 3, and who was one of the party animals of the team 2 years ago (I know that for a fact, choose to believe me or not).
You look at it the wrong way. Unless those players become jealous that Gorges becomes captain and they refuse to listen to him, this won't really happen. And if it were to happen, then that means that they would be putting themselves ahead of the team. Gorges is a natural leader and is not in any way our most talented player, but definetly one of our hardest working. If anything, players like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez would rally behind Gorges, or whoever becomes captain whether it is one of them or someone else. BTW, you should watch this segment on Gorges, well... Not only you, because it says a lot about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zkoJvt-W0

P.S. There is one about Cammalleri too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ7U...eature=related
There is also one about Gionta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr612...eature=related

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
You look at it the wrong way. Unless those players become jealous that Gorges becomes captain and they refuse to listen to him, this won't really happen. And if it were to happen, then that means that they would be putting themselves ahead of the team. Gorges is a natural leader and is not in any way our most talented player, but definetly one of our hardest working. If anything, players like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez would rally behind Gorges, or whoever becomes captain whether it is one of them or someone else. BTW, you should watch this segment on Gorges, well... Not only you, because it says a lot about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zkoJvt-W0

P.S. There is one about Cammalleri too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ7U...eature=related
There is also one about Gionta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr612...eature=related
That video has all the evidence! Gorges WAS Captain.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
To be honest, I think he secretly wanted a trade out of Montreal because he can't handle the pressure (he is mentally fragile) and showed some serious frustration last season. But in some way, Carey should be thankful he still has a NHL career and that management saved his job (again) so I hope he recognizes this. I know Brian Gionta was unhappy about Carey's work ethic earlier in the season and voiced his displeasure to management. This is also why Halak started to play more because he earned it. But Jacques Martin and management seem to really believe in this kid, so let's hope he proves them right...

Pierre Groulx spoke on RDS and says that he talks with Carey every weekend and that he's ready and eager to play.

I don't know why it's taking so long to sign him...I hope he isn't stupid enough to hold out or demand a trade.
You're wearing your anxiety on your sleeve. Relax. The delay probably has to do with his contract, not his psychological state.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Habsfan18

I can't wait until Carey Price bounces back this coming season.

It will be hilarious to see everyone jump back onto the bandwagon and say "I just knew it!"

I still (and always have) believe that Price will soon be one of the top goaltenders in the world.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

It will be hilarious to see everyone jump back onto the bandwagon and say "I just knew it!"

I still (and always have) believe that Price will soon be one of the top goaltenders in the world.
The average HFBoards poster has the memory of about 5 games back

I believe in Carey Price

Old
07-18-2010, 06:40 PM
JayBee*

Quote:

And if he plays as inconsistently as he has the last few years what will you say? "Oh, Gainey/fans/media ruined him" or "He's only 22, give him time"

We'll talk this time next year.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I believe that we all know the potential of the kid. Remains to be seen if this town will be patient enough to let him realize it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 06:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I believe that we all know the potential of the kid. Remains to be seen if this town will be patient enough to let him realize it.
I believe in his potential, everyone should.

I have doubts if he can achieve it, and much like youself.. Especially in this town.

You need to be cut from a different cloth to succeed in Montreal in such a pressure-filled postion like goaltending (and let's face it, we've always been blessed at this position).

There is tension amongst fans, the media, hockey minds as to whether or not we traded the right goalie. It's going to take a lot of time and games played to determine if we made the right move. Hopefully we did.

Last edited by JGRB: 07-18-2010 at 07:04 PM.
JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
The average HFBoards poster has the memory of about 5 games back

I believe in Carey Price
quite frankly, Price has been the 2nd best goalie in montreal since the closing of 2008. He has alot to prove and I hope he is up to the task.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
quite frankly, Price has been the 2nd best goalie in montreal since the closing of 2008. He has alot to prove and I hope he is up to the task.
i agree but in all honesty what i said was quite true for some people here

Old
07-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Being the 2nd best in Montreal (considering Halak's stats) does not mean he is not a good first goalie in the NHL

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 06:42 AM
chips28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
And if he plays as inconsistently as he has the last few years what will you say? "Oh, Gainey/fans/media ruined him" or "He's only 22, give him time"

We'll talk this time next year.
I hope the team in front of him will score more than 2 goals a game... It could help. Hopefully, the addition of Subban, Eller and to a lesser extent Boyd will boost the offense.

chips28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 07:22 AM
marchabsfan

like anyone is gonna blast price, now that hes the front runner. come on.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 08:22 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips28 View Post
I hope the team in front of him will score more than 2 goals a game... It could help. Hopefully, the addition of Subban, Eller and to a lesser extent Boyd will boost the offense.
Looks like they're going to be scoring 2 goals a game this year.

Old
07-19-2010, 08:34 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips28 View Post
And I hope he'll not allow those back breaker kind of goals like he did last year. One of the reasons why Price had such a hard time getting a "W" last season is because he was allowing the very goal he had to stop to keep his team into it.

And if what eightyseven says is true (that Gionta was unhappy with Price's work ethic), that makes it two vets, including Markov, who showed their displeasure last season.

Some here say it takes something special which has nothing to do with talent to perform in Montreal. I'm a firm believer that Halak had that very thing. And I'm far from being sure that Price has it. We'll see, and I definitely hope Price is up for the task (we all do if we're good Montreal Canadiens fans), but Price doesn't have a whole career in front of him to get things done in Montreal. Whether you guys say "**** THE FANS! LET THE KID DEVALOPZZZ!!!!11", it's not even up to the management anymore. They just forced Price in the fans' throat like you force a pill down a dog's/cat's throat. And ultimately, it'll be up to the fans, whether Price will succeed in Montreal or not. And with all the cinderella story this past spring with Halak, I'm afraid they're just never going to be willing to give Price a fair chance.

On one side, the fans are reckless and emotive, and they have their fair share of responsibilities, but on the other side, Price is pretty much the only one to blame for what is happening to him. Had he been clever, those pictures would never have leaked out, and the casual, average fan wouldn't picture him as the big monster against the cute, little, innocent angel that is Halak. Whether you like this or not, this is exactly why the fans won't get off his back.

EDIT: Waiting for someone to accuse me of bashing Price, even though I haven't expressed any lack of confidence in his talent, neither have I denied his impressing pedigree.

Old
07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
And I hope he'll not allow those back breaker kind of goals like he did last year. One of the reasons why Price had such a hard time getting a "W" last season is because he was allowing the very goal he had to stop to keep his team into it.

And if what eightyseven says is true (that Gionta was unhappy with Price's work ethic), that makes it two vets, including Markov, who showed their displeasure last season.

Some here say it takes something special which has nothing to do with talent to perform in Montreal. I'm a firm believer that Halak had that very thing. And I'm far from being sure that Price has it. We'll see, and I definitely hope Price is up for the task (we all do if we're good Montreal Canadiens fans), but Price doesn't have a whole career in front of him to get things done in Montreal. Whether you guys say "**** THE FANS! LET THE KID DEVALOPZZZ!!!!11", it's not even up to the management anymore. They just forced Price in the fans' throat like you force a pill down a dog's/cat's throat. And ultimately, it'll be up to the fans, whether Price will succeed in Montreal or not. And with all the cinderella story this past spring with Halak, I'm afraid they're just never going to be willing to give Price a fair chance.

On one side, the fans are reckless and emotive, and they have their fair share of responsibilities, but on the other side, Price is pretty much the only one to blame for what is happening to him. Had he been clever, those pictures would never have leaked out, and the casual, average fan wouldn't picture him as the big monster against the cute, little, innocent angel that is Halak. Whether you like this or not, this is exactly why the fans won't get off his back.

EDIT: Waiting for someone to accuse me of bashing Price, even though I haven't expressed any lack of confidence in his talent, neither have I denied his impressing pedigree.
Don't worry, if Subban and Lars Eller were around, Carey would have made those stops. He also would have had enough goal support so he wouldn't need to have to make those saves.

You're a hater and not a true fan, go cheer for the Blues!

Old
07-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Perrah

Quote:

I dont know what to think of eightyseven's comments as I believe that person is off their meds. All of a sudden he flipped from ridiculous reasoning for price to ridiculous reasoning against him.

As for the back breaker goals, I agree but the team has to take some blame for some games (he does for some as well) as he was the only reason they were even in some of them. Cammalleri already said its a team thing because he knows price will be blamed for losses.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:

I knew it !

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:11 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I dont know what to think of eightyseven's comments as I believe that person is off their meds. All of a sudden he flipped from ridiculous reasoning for price to ridiculous reasoning against him.

As for the back breaker goals, I agree but the team has to take some blame for some games (he does for some as well) as he was the only reason they were even in some of them. Cammalleri already said its a team thing because he knows price will be blamed for losses.
This happened a few times, but I'm not sure this was obvious enough to justify why Price had half of Halak's wins despite playing the same amount of games.

Old
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
ruski17

I have faith in Price. Look at Fleury, he was in the same spot. Drafted very high, 1st overall in his case, and was brought in too quickly into the NHL. He suffered from it by having many sub-par seasons. Now, he was part of the Canadian Olympic team, despite not playing, quite an accomplishment still, won a Stanley Cup, made it to the Stanley Cup Finals the year before he won it. I would love to see the people's faces after Price backstops the habs to the Cup! I believe it would look something like this:

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:04 PM
eightyseven

Carey Price is much more talented than MA-Fleury. But Price just needs to focus on his hockey career and start taking it a lot more seriously.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I have faith in Price. Look at Fleury, he was in the same spot. Drafted very high, 1st overall in his case, and was brought in too quickly into the NHL. He suffered from it by having many sub-par seasons. Now, he was part of the Canadian Olympic team, despite not playing, quite an accomplishment still, won a Stanley Cup, made it to the Stanley Cup Finals the year before he won it. I would love to see the people's faces after Price backstops the habs to the Cup! I believe it would look something like this:
No, they'd be more like "I always had faith in Price, ever since day 1"

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote