HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators Sign Jamie Lundmark - (1 yr, $600k/$105k two-way deal)

Old
07-17-2010, 06:00 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I think he's going to swap the Admirals for Crosby, in a shocking mid-season move.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I dont think another move is coming, I think Poile is learning to stack some depth. EVery year we have a midseason stretch where 3 of our top 6 go down at the same time.

This time we will be prepared. I like it.
Yeah, we're prepared until Weber or Suter go down.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Ads for Calder!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 04:38 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't think any team can prepare for guys like that going down.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:09 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Ads for Calder!
A team with no offensive studs just lost the Calder playoffs this season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Agreed. We have forward depth coming out our ears, but we haven't really addressed our defense yet. We still need someone for the second pairing, unless, of course, we're just throwing caution to the wind and crossing our fingers that Rinne will bail us out every night when Klein turns the puck over or Bouillon gets caught watching.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:56 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Halischuk-O'Reilly-Mi. Santorelli
Ma. Santorelli-Lundmark-Klasen
Spaling-Geoffrion-Thang
Bourque-Lajunen-Wilson

That's... is "insane" the proper term?
I don't see Cal coming back to Milwaukee. Either Nashville or another NHL team like Atlanta or Phoenix for him. That moves up Lundmark and Geoffrion.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:40 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I don't see Cal coming back to Milwaukee. Either Nashville or another NHL team like Atlanta or Phoenix for him. That moves up Lundmark and Geoffrion.
Barring any major injuries in camp, O'Reilly will be on waivers at a time when everyone else has a full roster, and I suspect he will clear. I doubt he stays there all season, but he'll be there to start the year unless Andersson completely bombs out.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:45 AM
GCM
Stork

Lundmark was amazing every time I watched him and I'm surprised he's moved around so easily.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 06:41 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
A team with no offensive studs just lost the Calder playoffs this season.
Jamie Benn says hi. Now I realize he didn't play during the regular season for Texas, but without him, they would not have made it to the Finals.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Barring any major injuries in camp, O'Reilly will be on waivers at a time when everyone else has a full roster, and I suspect he will clear. I doubt he stays there all season, but he'll be there to start the year unless Andersson completely bombs out.
Again? He couldn't play defense the first time. Then he couldn't play offense because he was so wrapped up in playing defense by the Nashville system!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Again? He couldn't play defense the first time. Then he couldn't play offense because he was so wrapped up in playing defense by the Nashville system!
Andersson has matured since leaving North America and I doubt would be brought back on a one-way contract unless Poile was convinced he could fulfill the potential he was drafted with so long ago.

Andersson struggled for a few years in Europe too, but if you look back at his numbers, he finally put it together about four years ago and has sustained that progress...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 06:57 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Jamie Benn says hi. Now I realize he didn't play during the regular season for Texas, but without him, they would not have made it to the Finals.
I was there when Benn had his hattie and when he stopped putting up numbers because he tried to be a one man show and couldn't pull it off. Jamie put together an early run reminiscent of when Tootoo last played in the Calder Cup playoffs ... his just went a couple of series longer. Hutchinson, Jancevski, and Stafford were among the top eight post season scorers for Texas ... without Climie, Texas doesn't make the finals.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
cjerina

Quote:
I was there when Benn had his hattie and when he stopped putting up numbers because he tried to be a one man show and couldn't pull it off. Jamie put together an early run reminiscent of when Tootoo last played in the Calder Cup playoffs ... his just went a couple of series longer. Hutchinson, Jancevski, and Stafford were among the top eight post season scorers for Texas ... without Climie, Texas doesn't make the finals.
I don't disagree that Climie (and Krahn also) didn't help the team, but when Benn did play with others, he could still be considered an "offensive stud", as I will agree when he got focused on himself, he slowed down. My point is that Benn's 1.1 PPG did help the team, regardless of him actually scoring, as the opposition had to respect him (even if he usually failed in moving the puck to players with better chances).

Quote:
Hutchinson, Jancevski, and Stafford were among the top eight post season scorers for Texas
What does this necessarily establish, other than Texas scored off of shots/passes from the blue line? The three you mention had less goals combine than Benn himself.

Old
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
I don't disagree that Climie (and Krahn also) didn't help the team, but when Benn did play with others, he could still be considered an "offensive stud", as I will agree when he got focused on himself, he slowed down. My point is that Benn's 1.1 PPG did help the team, regardless of him actually scoring, as the opposition had to respect him (even if he usually failed in moving the puck to players with better chances).

What does this necessarily establish, other than Texas scored off of shots/passes from the blue line? The three you mention had less goals combine than Benn himself.
You're overstating Benn's performance ... that's from the perspective of a Texas Stars STH.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:13 AM
cjerina

Quote:
You're overstating Benn's performance ... that's from the perspective of a Texas Stars STH.
Could possibly be, but Im just commenting based on watching/attending every game of the Wolves/Stars series, so its not like I haven't seen what I am talking about.