HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A new rivalry coming up..? (Tampa Bay)

Old
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post
Name that to the list of things that Montreal fans wished that happen but didnt. First you wanted Vinny and you didnt get him. The bolts wont move anytime soon. You guys can take that one off of your large wish/dream list. Dont know why you guys think you are always superior to fans like Tampa fans. There are people in tampa who love hockey too. You guys should be happy to see teams like tampa get some credible guys in there. If you guys love hockey so much you would want other places to love it too. With the guys we have now we should be a respected hockey team in years to come and since we have a bandwagon city the fans will come out too when they win. I know I will be there no matter what.
Keep that horrible contract... I prefer Gomez.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Other than Boucher coaching the Bulldogs, I don't care about anyone else mentioned in the original post.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Name that to the list of things that Montreal fans wished that happen but didnt. First you wanted Vinny and you didnt get him. The bolts wont move anytime soon. You guys can take that one off of your large wish/dream list. Dont know why you guys think you are always superior to fans like Tampa fans. There are people in tampa who love hockey too. You guys should be happy to see teams like tampa get some credible guys in there. If you guys love hockey so much you would want other places to love it too. With the guys we have now we should be a respected hockey team in years to come and since we have a bandwagon city the fans will come out too when they win. I know I will be there no matter what.
LOL! I love when somebody takes a joke post seriously.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I certainly didn't want Vinny. You can keep his nasty contract in TB and consider yourself lucky that St-Louis was willing to take such a huge discount.
Mtl fans are not superior, most are moronic actually. They think they know what they're talking about but they just repeat things they hear from dumb commentators.
That being said, we consider ourselves better because of the atmosphere we put at the Bell Center (and even during away games as I'm sure you've noticed in TB).
We also outnumber TB fans by a ridiculous margin. And no matter how poor our team is, fans will always pack the arena (just a few years of let down).

As for the move, that's really not up to you or me to decide. One thing for sure though, if things don't look up in TB, they will be moved eventually.
So I hope for you that you guys improve, you're certainly on the right path or at least on a much better one than before.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:08 AM
la25ecoupe

Now add Simon Gagne
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=800503

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
CanadienErrant*

They have more "Frenchies" than the Habs...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
cammyfreak

Yes they build a french connexion

cammyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yzerman not even interviewed for the job = this.

Why didn't Yzerman wait till next year, when Pierre Boivin is gone, he would have gotten an interview then.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe, Stevie Y. feels he has a stronger nucleus of players (especially young talented players) to work with and build a team around in Tampa than he ever would have had in Montreal!

Then again, maybe Stevie Y. looked at the cap space that the Habs are locked into for another 4+ years and felt he would have very little or "no room to maneuver" in terms of player movement!

And then, maybe Yzerman sees his new owner as a guy who doesn't mind Yzerman spending his money...............wisely!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Look out when Vinnie, St. Louis and Gagne come to play in Montreal.....that line will be a nightmare to contain.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 08:34 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Look out when Vinnie, St. Louis and Gagne come to play in Montreal.....that line will be a nightmare to contain.
I went to one of the games in November against them and I think Tanguay played his best game of the season against us that night... It was awful.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
They have more "Frenchies" than the Habs...
Caterring to all the retirees in Florida who used to live in Quebec

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Caterring to all the retirees in Florida who used to live in Quebec
So true, I didnt even think about that angle.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote