HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Blackhawks Salary Cap Situation

Old
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
OcAirlines

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Monk View Post
to CHI:

sekera,
2011 1st,
stafford,
gerbe

to BUF:

keith, beach.

win.
Do you expect us to pick 1st Overall or Drew Stafford to turn into Arjen Robben?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Do you expect us to pick 1st Overall or Drew Stafford to turn into Arjen Robben?
however unrealistic it may be, i'd go out on a limb and say duncan keith could be a better asset for this team than patty kane (which a lot of people seem to be lobbying for, and understandably so..he's a beast). but especially given our current collection of d-men. a keith-myers top pairing would be sick.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
thomas vanek

Quote:
however unrealistic it may be, i'd go out on a limb and say duncan keith could be a better asset for this team than patty kane (which a lot of people seem to be lobbying for, and understandably so..he's a beast). but especially given our current collection of d-men. a keith-myers top pairing would be sick.
Because teams trade away Norris trophy-winning defencemen that are just turning 27 years old all of the time....maybe we should phone LA about Doughty while we're at it?

thomas vanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

Quote:
however unrealistic it may be
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas vanek View Post
Because teams trade away Norris trophy-winning defencemen that are just turning 27 years old all of the time....maybe we should phone LA about Doughty while we're at it?
cody mccormick wore #8 last year, so i think that rules out the possibility of us acquiring doughty, because he wouldn't want to change his number and since mccormick was #8 first, he deserves it.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:17 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Only way we are getting Beach is if we eat Campbell. Chicago can use Beach's rookie bonus as overage again if needed, so he gives them some cap flex. Chicago isn't trading any players on ELC, they don't have to.
I didn't think it was realistic. I just think a Beach-Ennis-Kassian line would be really fun to watch.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:42 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I didn't think it was realistic. I just think a Beach-Ennis-Kassian line would be really fun to watch.
I agree. Beach coming up is what made Eager expendable in the Atlanta deal. He isn't going anywhere unless there is a huge backlash against him due to his latest actions.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
I agree. Beach coming up is what made Eager expendable in the Atlanta deal. He isn't going anywhere unless there is a huge backlash against him due to his latest actions.
Given that Bowman is publically exonerating him, I don't think there will be backlash from the team.

07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
slip

The problem with targeting Chicago in a trade is the 28 other sharks in the water waiting to pounce. Regier avoids crowded trade situations like the plague.

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I wanted Beach SOOOOO badly in his draft year... now of course im damn glad we got Myers instead... but the idea of turning Ennis + into solving our center problem, and adding Beach to the mix with Kassian is sooooo enticing.

Ennis is our best prospect. and there are almost no deals i could imagine trading him in... but this one works. Now and later.

this year

Sharp-Connolly-Vanek
Beach-Roy-Poms
Hecht-Nieds-Grier
Ken-Goose-Kaleta
That is definately an interesting proposal. I think I would make that one as well and I'm not even sure if Sharp is the best answer to the top 6 issue.

I don't see Chicago making the deal, and more importantly I don't see Regier making it either, with how conservative he is (and the way he over rates 'his' players).

Add another top prospect that is reasonably close to NHL level, and a good pick and they may listen....

Still, 2011-2012, after signing a true no1 playmaking C like Brad Richards (experience, cup, proven playoff performer, even a PP fix)...

Vanek / Richards / Sharp
Hecht / Roy / Pominville
Beach / Gerbe/Kennedy / Kassian
Gerbe/Kennedy / Gaustad / Kaleta

A nice fantasy roster

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
OkimLom

We all know Darcy is pretty much done dealing for this year(I hope I'm wrong)...So I'm already looking forward to next year with hopefully a new Aggressive GM!

Now I'm Crazy(lets get that out of the way), but Next year I'm thinking this. If San Jose is not going to SCF I can see The Sharks trying other ways to get there. Kind of "If this is not working lets try something different."

(Source for Money would be Nhlnumbers.com)

Now Big Joe will be a UFA @ 32ish. I would put an offer to him especially with Timmy C coming off the books.

Maybe give him an offer of 8 million per for 4 years(get him to 36-37 years old).

You have a good portion of the "Core" under contract with good amount of Cap space with Timmy, Stafford, Rivet,Grier, Niedermeyer, McCormick, Montador, Butler, Sekera, Enroth,Lalime, and Gerbe all on contract years for this upcoming year.

The only ones I'm thinking about resigning are Grier(If he wants),Butler,McCormick, and Sekera. with Myers looking at a big Pay Raise.

So 11-12 your roster looks like this:

Vanek
Roy
Ennis
Pomminville
Hecht
Kennedy
Kaleta
Gaustad
McCormick
Grier
Adam
Thornton
Kassian

Myers
Leopold
Weber
Butler
Sekera
Brennan
McNabb

Miller
Boucher

Ennis\Thornton\Vanek
Kennedy\Adam\Pominville
Hecht\Roy\Kassian
McCormick\Gaustad\Kaleta\Grier

Myers\Butler
Leopold\Brennan
Sekera\Weber

Just wishing! Not Gonna happen!

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres99 View Post
Nobody in the league is untouchable.

- Summer of 1988, Anything can happen.. and I don't think Kane would object the trade, all of his boys were already traded
If Bill Wirtz were still alive and owning the Hawks, I'd say that your inference to Peter Pocklington's ingorance is a worthy point. However, from everything I've read about the current ownership and management in Chicago, they're not stupid enough to trade away one of their two franchise players, at any price.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Sabretip

July 20, 2010
BY ADAM L. JAHNS ajahns@suntimes.com
Put an end to all the speculation -- at least about forward Patrick Sharp.

General manager Stan Bowman said Sharp isn't leaving the Blackhawks despite growing rumors that he is on the trade market with the team still facing salary-cap issues.

''I saw Sharpy in the office [Monday]; he stopped by,'' Bowman said before the premiere of the Hawks' Stanley Cup DVD at Navy Pier. ''I told him he can relax. He's not going anywhere. He's a big part of this. He means a lot to us on the ice and off the ice.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...wknt20.article
__________________________________________________ __________________

Patrick Sharp fans can rest easy.

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said Monday that Sharp wouldn't be going anywhere, putting to rest the rumors that the popular center was being shopped because of more salary-cap issues.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=395094

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote