HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the M. Koivu signing good or bad precedent for Carter?

Old
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
i compared their bodies, and said johnny used his size to protect the puck, which carter doesnt do very well(despite what you seem to believe), and that there is no excuse for it, other than he doesnt have the deisre to be as hard to remove from the puck as leclair was....read the post
Are you saying John Leclair was a physical player? Come on, all what he did was stand in the crease and let defensemen cross check and whack him consistently. You need to look at the goals that Leclair scored and he was nothing more than a good skating garbage man and Lindros did most of the heavy lifting. Leclair never had to worry about carrying the puck because it was Lindros who did all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
....and leclair was more than fine without lindros...you must have forgotten that lindros was hurt a few times in his career here...leclair was consistently our best player when lindros was out of the lineup....i really cannot believe that you even said that...that one comment really showed me how little you actually watch/understand hockey
Please check the numbers again. The last season that Leclair played with Lindros, he was a 40 goal scorer. That was the 1999-2000 season. In every season after that, Leclair scored the following amount of goals: 7, 25, 18 and 23. In his two seasons in Pittsburgh, Leclair put up 22 and 2 goals. He definitely was not the same player after Lindros was gone. And I definitely know what I'm talking about because my late brother in law was a die hard Leclair fan (you ask anyone on here and they'll tell you that FlyersFan10 was the biggest Leclair fan on the face of the earth). I'm sure if he were still alive, he'd tell you himself that Leclair wasn't he same player he was after Lindros left. And before you say that Leclair didn't play with any decent centers, he played with: Handzus, Roenick, Crosby and Malkin. While Handzus might have been the weakest of the centers offensively, his defensive play and his play making would have more than allowed John to continue the offensive play.

Fact is, Leclair was NOT the same player he was after Lindros left.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:24 AM
rixXx

Couldn't we give Carter a contract like Kovy's?

rixXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I'm calling BS on the slapshot goal.
Haha. 19 made the season worth it, though.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Little OT, but related to Carter next season -- assuming things stay the same, we have about $11 million + whatever cap room we have now and next year to sign Carter, Giroux, Zherdev, Leino, and O'Donnell?

I know that we probably won't re-sign Zherdev and a few others, but I wanted to check my math. That's without adding any money to the goalie situation. Maybe we trade someone like Carle for very little and add Turco (giving us maybe 1-1.5 more), but I still don't like the direction things are going. We're tying up more and more money in fewer and fewer players.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
sg12lw

haha i notice that the post about leclair being a glorified garbage man,with no abilities has suddenly disappeared

i think the hfboards server even realized how stupid that entire post was

...wow that was literally the single worst thing i have ever read on these boards, i hope it shows up again somehow haha

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote